Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: Jon Jones 'bad for the sport' of MMA

Print  
Is Jon Jones 'bad for the sport' of MMA?
Yes 6 25%
No 8 33%
Don King is 'bad for the sport' of MMA 10 42%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,215-2,886
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Jon Jones has been cleared to return to the UFC, and it seems his first fight back will likely be for the title he lost when stripped by the promotion for disciplinary reasons. But one fellow UFC superstar doesn’t seem exactly thrilled to have him back in the cage.

“Honestly, I think that Jon Jones is bad for the sport because when he fights people, he injures us,” former UFC light heavyweight champ Quinton Jackson told AXS TV. “He kicked my knee backwards. My knee is never the same.”

Link

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   10/24/15 11:08:44AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,134-1,216
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Lol he's so much better because he hasn't done cocaine. Rampage really is a simpleton sometimes. I like when he was asked which 3 fighters he would like to fight again and he didn't mention jones....

Post #2   10/24/15 11:43:38AM   

RhythmAndStyle

Straight Flexin'

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,924-2,397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Says the guy who actually went on a 'Rampage'..the cops should have worldstar his ass when they finally stopped him, putting innocent bystanders in danger..i guess Rampage never really recovered from losing to Forrest and I ain't even aForeest fan..I love how foghters talk so much bout other when they ain't doing shit themselves..u know why they haven't gave Rampage another match yet..cus he was lame o the last time he fought..anyone in the top 10 LHW will smoke this fool..

Post #3   10/24/15 1:26:16PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,150-1,332
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Bad for the sport or bad for the guys he fights against? He's somewhat bad for the ufc because he butchered an entire division and there aren't any new stand outs to give him trouble, but people like a dominant star.

As for the poll, I really don't think don king is good for mma.

Post #4   10/24/15 4:38:29PM   

whodat

The Dawrkness

whodat Avatar

Career:2,264-1,278
Chips:
Irony

Post #5   10/24/15 7:16:42PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:2,790-1,414
Chips:
Rampage being one of perhaps 2% of all UFC fighters that doesn't have the moral high ground on Jones...

Post #6   10/24/15 7:51:40PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:1,689-1,016
Chips:
Still crying about that knee lol

Post #7   10/24/15 10:17:08PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:
Rampage said he wanted to beat everybody who beat him including Jones. I'd love for him to put some wins together and get another crack but he's getting up there and the sport is never kind on your body.

Those knee kicks are fucking bullshit though. And I'd actually be suprised if Jones stayed clean. It's easy to be looking on the outside "He's an idiot, making millions, dominant champ just quick that coke!" It's not that simple. Addiction never goes away.

Post #8   10/25/15 12:34:51AM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,222-1,402
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Says the guy who actually went on a 'Rampage'..the cops should have worldstar his ass when they finally stopped him, putting innocent bystanders in danger..i guess Rampage never really recovered from losing to Forrest and I ain't even aForeest fan..I love how foghters talk so much bout other when they ain't doing shit themselves..u know why they haven't gave Rampage another match yet..cus he was lame o the last time he fought..anyone in the top 10 LHW will smoke this fool..

Actually he hasn't fought because of the legal issues with bellator

Also i thought he looked ok using his improved muay thai in a catchweight basically hw fight.

His cardio was a bit lacking but he showed diversity.

I understand rampage is an idiot alot of the time but hes a legend and has always used media to keep himself in headlines.

Jones.......i don't care the guy is talented vut one of these least likeable people in the sport.hope dc beats him.

Post #9   10/25/15 12:43:48AM   

whodat

The Dawrkness

whodat Avatar

Career:2,264-1,278
Chips:
I didn't read the article the first time, and thought Rampage was implying JJ was bad for the sport because of what he's done outside the octagon, but Rampage is talking about how he fights dirty...which I don't think any of us can disagree with.

Post #10   10/25/15 12:53:12AM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:3,502-2,122
Chips:
Pot? kettle? black on black crime..

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   10/25/15 1:53:46AM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Also i thought he looked ok using his improved muay thai in a catchweight basically hw fight.

I understand rampage is an idiot alot of the time but hes a legend and has always used media to keep himself in headlines.

Jones.......i don't care the guy is talented vut one of these least likeable people in the sport.hope dc beats him.

Quoted and Bookmarked.

FKA actually says something nice about Rampage lol

Post #12   10/25/15 3:49:11AM   

RhythmAndStyle

Straight Flexin'

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,924-2,397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

actually that situation is done with, thats why he was able to fight in the UFC in the first place..a judge over turned it so he could be signed to the UFC..right now Rampage is just sitting on the sideline waiting..he couldnt even make the LHW limit, reason why it was changed to a catch weight bout..and i'm prolly sure u picked DC the last time too and look what happened, lol..

Post #13   10/25/15 12:05:00PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,656-2,237
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I do think they should ban those oblique kicks to the knees that Jon always does. And they do need to do something about his finger-poke defense system. Is he bad for the sport because of it... that might be going too far.

Post #14   10/25/15 12:23:27PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,656-2,237
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by FKA

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

actually that situation is done with, thats why he was able to fight in the UFC in the first place..a judge over turned it so he could be signed to the UFC..right now Rampage is just sitting on the sideline waiting..he couldnt even make the LHW limit, reason why it was changed to a catch weight bout..and i'm prolly sure u picked DC the last time too and look what happened, lol..

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_27395.shtml#.Vi0DCGuFP8x

Rampage won the temporary injunction, not the court case. He's still sidelined

Post #15   10/25/15 12:39:31PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2