Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Reigning HW Camp Champion Says What?

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,739-3,884
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by tuvok500

We are first in pts and first in record, look at any sports, the number of wins is the first tie breaker, not the number of guys in a team !!

The avg. member is not a category that we have to win, if it was we would have work to win it, it is just a number that put you in the right weight class, a team with the minimum member avg. should not start with 2 strikes against them compared to a team with more members. Both team are in the same division or they are not, they should play by the same rules.

I know some peoples says that the tie breaker is the avg. member because it is harder to have a high team score with more members than less, i can tell you that it is absolutely not true, i run teams for a while and the more peoples you have the more stable is your score, you have much more up and downs in a small team than a bigger one. It work both ways and no math can tell witch one has an advantage or not, it simply doesnt matter as long as you are in the same weight class.

Again, 2 first places in a 3 categories score is surely the tie breaker that should be applied and we should be ranked on top.

The avg. member is not a category that we have to wins and the fact to have 1.1 less members who played after 10 events doesnt matter as long as both team have been put in the same weightclass.

Hippy wrote a while ago that the avg. member would not be a tie breaker and both teams would get the win, ( cant find the thread anymore probably deleted ) i am ok with both team having it but not to be ranked second with our 2 first places over 0 for them !!

Lol, you just wrote the same thing 6 different ways. Impressive.

It was just for you, to make sure you get the point !!

Put it through google translate. It might be readable then.

I am a lot better now, you should have seen my posts some yrs ago it was a disaster ! lol

You're better than I would be if I were typing French. I dropped it my first year of High School for a reason

Post #16   8/24/15 10:07:56AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,405-2,363
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Someone from CPT is crying over how the points are scored. Shoe is on the other foot now

Post #17   8/24/15 10:38:44AM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,467-756
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Budgellism

Careful now. If that head gets any bigger your neck might snap.

I'm not sure it could get any bigger. Forrest has that look on his face like damn this dude has a big head.

take it easy on him, it was his first selfie with his pants on. And his neck looks sturdy enough to bear the weight. Its not about size but density, and a large object holding more air weighs the same as a smaller object of higher density. Its wind and all the associated whistling that he needs to fear.

Post #18   8/24/15 11:40:01AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:3,105-1,936
Chips:
Bring on the personal attacks, it's all you have left being that none of your arguments hold water. If a third of CPT wasn't filled with garbage players you would have easily won this season, so yes, it is much harder to win with more players, I'm not sure what it is about this you don't get.

Feel free to make more comments about my melon, I did a entie thread on this same subject and had a lot funnier responses.

Also curious if you took my advise and asked those 6 pathetic players why you lost this season? I noticed that no one has addressed this yet.

Post #19   8/24/15 12:39:46PM   

whodat

The Dawrkness

whodat Avatar

Career:2,457-1,391
Chips:
2nd 2nd 2nd = 6
1st 4th 1st = 6

Never knew team member count decided tie breakers.
You'd think the scoring rules for camps would be more known (maybe a stickied thread with the exact rules).
After all, it is the main reason the majority of us play this game.

Post #20   8/24/15 1:00:21PM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Budgellism

Careful now. If that head gets any bigger your neck might snap.

I'm not sure it could get any bigger. Forrest has that look on his face like damn this dude has a big head.

Obviously Forrest has that look on his face because I'm grabbing his ass, get your facts straight.

Why do you think I look so happy?

Last edited 8/24/15 1:02PM server time by jbmoviefan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   8/24/15 1:01:05PM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Chips:
Sorry about the head comments, you have demonstrated a good sense of humor in the past, but maybe the follow up was not needed.

btw, you havent "addressed" whether or not you agree with the ranking system or not. You dont want to look like Leandro Silva after "beating" Dober here. You can still have your win even if you admit that its a problem. Take the Dariush route, its much classier.

Last edited 8/24/15 1:08PM server time by traveller77

Post #22   8/24/15 1:01:59PM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by traveller77

Sorry about the head comments, you have demonstrated a good sense of humor in the past, but maybe the follow up was not needed.

Don't apologize, the size difference between us makes it look like my head was photo shopped in. I've considered adding the caption "God, I hope this guy isn't hungry..."

Post #23   8/24/15 1:19:22PM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by whodat

2nd 2nd 2nd = 6
1st 4th 1st = 6

Never knew team member count decided tie breakers.
You'd think the scoring rules for camps would be more known (maybe a stickied thread with the exact rules).
After all, it is the main reason the majority of us play this game.

I agree, I probably wouldnt still be doing this if I wasnt on a camp. I only place bets to be a good teammate, I'd probably like it more if there was a way to improve the accuracy of the odds, but that is difficult when odds are posted so far in advance. However they set the odds now, its surprisingly accurate on most fights, but the game comes down to exploiting the 2 or 3 inaccurate ones most of the time.

Post #24   8/24/15 1:20:26PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,342-1,837
Chips:
Seems like I've been using this more and more the past week.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #25   8/24/15 1:21:47PM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:
To address the issue at hand, I don't think average number of camp members should be used as the tie breaker. If I were to revise the system I would make the wager category based on rank, not dollar amount, and in the event of a tie the average team wagers should be used as the breaker.

It's completely possible that 2 teams will finish with a tie score and the same number of camp members, especially at the lower weights classes, so what's used as the tie breaker in that scenario?

Also, by making the wager category based on average rank a single player making crazy wagers that win on pure luck can't drastically sway an entire camp.

Just so you know CPT would have still lost even under this justly amended set of rules.

Post #26   8/24/15 1:53:01PM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

Just so you know CPT would have still lost even under this justly amended set of rules.

What a coincidence.

Otherwise, props. I would prefer your system, but I would rather the money be used only as a tie breaker and not be part of the rankings at all, but I think I'd be in the minority with that opinion. I just think that picking who and how a fight is won is a much better judge of who is better at this game, than just being willing to risk more on an even odds fighter in vegas who is a 4-1 dog here.

Post #27   8/24/15 2:07:02PM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

Also curious if you took my advise and asked those 6 pathetic players why you lost this season? I noticed that no one has addressed this yet.

Alright fair is fair. I dont want to throw any of my teammates under the bus, but it is thoroughly disappointing that it all came down to 9 lousy bucks. Whether you are my teammate or opponent, dont risk letting yourself be the reason your team loses. Make all your picks or none at all, and follow team strategies. In fantasy MMA there are 2 kinds of goats. It seems I have both on my team this season......

Last edited 8/24/15 2:22PM server time by traveller77

Post #28   8/24/15 2:19:58PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Chips:
Even tho the bankroll category is not proving who is the most accurate while picking the winners and methods, it could stay no problem.

The real problem is that in any sports a tie breaker is based on performance only, sometimes it is who has more first place or wins, if tie again then the number of second place etc..
It can also be a direct comparison between both teams, who beat who in each category, very easy to setup and fair for evetybody.

With those fair rules in place, CPT would have won season 20 and 24 hand down !!

Last edited 8/24/15 2:57PM server time by tuvok500

Post #29   8/24/15 2:56:36PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,405-2,363
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Even tho the bankroll category is not proving who is the most accurate while picking the winners and methods, it could stay no problem.

The real problem is that in any sports a tie breaker is based on performance only, sometimes it is who has more first place or wins, if tie again then the number of second place etc..
It can also be a direct comparison between both teams, who beat who in each category, very easy to setup and fair for evetybody.

With those fair rules in place, CPT would have won season 20 and 24 hand down !!

What about the seasons you cherry picked players to win the last event?

Whenever you were winning and people brought up the wagers it was "shut the fuck up and deal", now the shoe is on the other foot and the crying goes on.

Post #30   8/24/15 3:13:01PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4