Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Reigning HW Camp Champion Says What?

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,938-1,815
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Always bet on the Dark Horse

Another good 10 events all, looking forward to showing you how it's done again next season. And to answer the question on everyone's mind, "Yes, it is tough being this talented..."

Post #1   8/24/15 12:18:00AM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,467-756
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
points - Canadian Power Team 1st
Dark Horse 2nd

Pick Percentage- Canadian Power Team 1st
Dark Horse 2nd

Money - Dark Horse 2nd
Canadian Power Team 4th

Who do you think won again? The team with 2 wins or the team with none? Maybe this isnt one to brag about.......

Post #2   8/24/15 1:51:28AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by traveller77

To my knowledge, ties are still won by the team with more members. The amount of lead you have in any one category doesnt matter.

Gosh, who was it that posted this, I just can't remember. ..

Post #3   8/24/15 2:07:01AM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,467-756
Chips:
I wrote it, and guess how I knew the answer to that question? It was season 20 when you were awarded our win the exact same way with the current and obviously flawed scoring system where the goal is to come in a close 2nd if you want credit for the win. Go ahead and look at the numbers both seasons and try to convince me your team won. If you can defend Palhares you can surely defend this too.

Now I know this sounds like sour grapes, but its more a matter of hoping someone with the site will look at the scoring for this season and season 20 and do whatever they think is fair, even if I dont like it. When the team winning 2 of 3 categories comes in 2nd place (twice in 5 seasons), because one of the teams trailing them has more money, then there is a serious problem with integrating the betting game into the team standings. If you were the victim of this and not the beneficiary I'm sure you would agree, as would any sane person who understands math and justice.

Enjoy the win Diego Sanchez, yours truly, Ross Pearson

Last edited 8/24/15 4:10AM server time by traveller77
Edit note/reason: smartassedness
3 total post edits

Post #4   8/24/15 3:33:45AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:
I guess you could smartly increase your camp size like we did, especially when you so clearly knew the tie breaker was average number of member.

Besides, your team didn't lose because one of the teams trailing you had more money, you lost because your team couldn't wager it's way out of a wet paper bag.

Who was the genius that told everyone in your camp to put half their stack on Silva and Laprise? Sure as heck wasn't me, because I give...oh what's that thing....good wager advise, that's it.

I've got an idea, why don't you ask Hendo on your team why you didn't win? Maybe he'll tell you it's because he didn't place a single wager all season. Or maybe you can talk to one of the other 5 members on your team that didn't even earn as much as Hendo?

If you don't get an answer for why you lost from one of those people let me know, I'll get you a mirror...

Last edited 8/24/15 5:08AM server time by jbmoviefan
Edit note/reason: didn't want it to be too mean

Post #5   8/24/15 5:05:41AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:5,417-2,899
Chips:
I gotta give you credit jb. Every since shawn let you join his camp and helped you with your picks you've improved on your career pick %.

You're up to 56% now. Congrats. Stick with Shawn and he'll have you up to 60% within the next year or 2.

Post #6   8/24/15 5:31:36AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

I gotta give you credit jb. Every since shawn let you join his camp and helped you with your picks you've improved on your career pick %.

You're up to 56% now. Congrats. Stick with Shawn and he'll have you up to 60% within the next year or 2.

Get your glasses checked, I've been at 62% since well before I joined Dark Horse.

And hey, those 2 points of career percentage you have over me can keep your 2 top camp badges company. Great work over the past 4 years, really I mean that.

Post #7   8/24/15 6:17:11AM   

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Career:3-1
Chips:

I am the greatest picks champion all time!!! Career 75 percent yo.

Last edited 8/24/15 7:22AM server time by Gumby90
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   8/24/15 7:21:19AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,496-3,736
Chips:
Careful now. If that head gets any bigger your neck might snap.

Post #9   8/24/15 8:07:00AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Chips:
We are first in pts and first in record, look at any sports, the number of wins is the first tie breaker, not the number of guys in a team !!

The avg. member is not a category that we have to win, if it was we would have work to win it, it is just a number that put you in the right weight class, a team with the minimum member avg. should not start with 2 strikes against them compared to a team with more members. Both team are in the same division or they are not, they should play by the same rules.

I know some peoples says that the tie breaker is the avg. member because it is harder to have a high team score with more members than less, i can tell you that it is absolutely not true, i run teams for a while and the more peoples you have the more stable is your score, you have much more up and downs in a small team than a bigger one. It work both ways and no math can tell witch one has an advantage or not, it simply doesnt matter as long as you are in the same weight class.

Again, 2 first places in a 3 categories score is surely the tie breaker that should be applied and we should be ranked on top.

The avg. member is not a category that we have to wins and the fact to have 1.1 less members who played after 10 events doesnt matter as long as both team have been put in the same weightclass.

Hippy wrote a while ago that the avg. member would not be a tie breaker and both teams would get the win, ( cant find the thread anymore probably deleted ) i am ok with both team having it but not to be ranked second with our 2 first places over 0 for you !!

Last edited 8/24/15 9:34AM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #10   8/24/15 9:29:26AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:5,417-2,899
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Careful now. If that head gets any bigger your neck might snap.

I'm not sure it could get any bigger. Forrest has that look on his face like damn this dude has a big head.

Post #11   8/24/15 9:33:29AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

We are first in pts and first in record, look at any sports, the number of wins is the first tie breaker, not the number of guys in a team !!

The avg. member is not a category that we have to win, if it was we would have work to win it, it is just a number that put you in the right weight class, a team with the minimum member avg. should not start with 2 strikes against them compared to a team with more members. Both team are in the same division or they are not, they should play by the same rules.

I know some peoples says that the tie breaker is the avg. member because it is harder to have a high team score with more members than less, i can tell you that it is absolutely not true, i run teams for a while and the more peoples you have the more stable is your score, you have much more up and downs in a small team than a bigger one. It work both ways and no math can tell witch one has an advantage or not, it simply doesnt matter as long as you are in the same weight class.

Again, 2 first places in a 3 categories score is surely the tie breaker that should be applied and we should be ranked on top.

The avg. member is not a category that we have to wins and the fact to have 1.1 less members who played after 10 events doesnt matter as long as both team have been put in the same weightclass.

Hippy wrote a while ago that the avg. member would not be a tie breaker and both teams would get the win, ( cant find the thread anymore probably deleted ) i am ok with both team having it but not to be ranked second with our 2 first places over 0 for them !!

Lol, you just wrote the same thing 6 different ways. Impressive.

Post #12   8/24/15 9:33:55AM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by tuvok500

Hippy wrote a while ago that the avg. member would not be a tie breaker and both teams would get the win, ( cant find the thread anymore probably deleted ) i am ok with both team having it but not to be ranked second with our 2 first places over 0 for them !!

It was just for you, to make sure you get the point !!

Post #13   8/24/15 9:36:27AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by tuvok500

Put it through google translate. It might be readable then.

Post #14   8/24/15 9:43:35AM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by tuvok500

Put it through google translate. It might be readable then.

I am a lot better now, you should have seen my posts some yrs ago it was a disaster ! lol

Post #15   8/24/15 9:51:47AM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4