Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fire Joe Rogan (please read first)

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

JoeWarren33

Heavyweight Champ

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,562-2,850
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Any opinion wanting Joe gone instead of Goldberg is completely invalid. Goldberg barley knows how to speak English.

Or call football games.

Post #16   6/15/15 7:32:31AM   

shaneTpain

GSP > everyone else

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:4,652-3,150
Chips:
I prefer Hardy & Gooden

Post #17   6/15/15 9:24:54AM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:2,790-1,414
Chips:
Asking a fighter who can speak English to repeat something he said in something other than English at an event where the vast majority in the audience speak English is not offensive or unreasonable.

But people love to be outraged.

Post #18   6/15/15 11:29:50AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
"However, for him to blast Cain by asking him to repeat himself in English is unacceptable. Now, perhaps the UFC dropped the ball with some lame brain interpreters but Rogan should have never asked the ex-champ to do that."

You only hire an interpreter if the person speaking can not translate them self. What an odd way of looking at it. I have a feeling Wolf Ticketz is a Cain V nuthugger and is looking at anyone he can to take out his disappointment in the loss.

Post #19   6/15/15 12:01:36PM   

State_Champ

"I love you, my bitches!"

State_Champ Avatar

Career:2,289-1,424
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

I prefer Hardy & Gooden

And Stann

Post #20   6/15/15 12:04:53PM   

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Career:3-1
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Gumby90

The Reason Rogan suddenly (last 6 years or so) started showing bias is because the UFC tells him who to talk up and promote. I believe because they expect that kind of commentary Rogans biases have showed a lot more. Sometimes it's unbearable but he was great 10 years ago. I think the UFC ruined him the same way it's ruining itself.

What are you basing this on? Rogan has tackled this very topic several times on his podcast. If the UFC was telling Rogan who to talk up or what to say, he would've walked away ages ago. Joe doesn't need the paycheck. He does it because he's a fan and enjoys what he does. Any biases he may have are due to nobody but himself.

Just seems obvious that if you're not the boss, you do what the boss wants. Boss is a sellout quick money machine then you'll be asked to sellout and do really cheap loud promotion for them.

I don't care much what he says because money will always talk. Rogan cant make the living off comedy that he can commentating.

Last edited 6/15/15 6:39PM server time by Gumby90
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   6/15/15 6:39:04PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,953-1,167
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Any opinion wanting Joe gone instead of Goldberg is completely invalid. Goldberg barley knows how to speak English.

Nonsense.

Speak English, very good, Mike Goldberg can do.

Am I right Joe?

Post #22   6/16/15 12:11:33AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,006-3,321
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Get rid of Goldie and anik.

Or mix it up.

Have Florian and Rogan

Anil and Goldie.

I can't stand Stann

Post #23   6/16/15 1:43:35PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:3,677-2,247
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by shaneTpain

I prefer Hardy & Gooden

And Stann

This^^^^^^

Also, Rogan is just a fan watching fights like all of us and like a lot of us he gets excited and maybe caught up in the moment. He's mic'd up so we all get to hear what he's thinking/feeling and it doesn't matter to me if he favours one fighter a bit more.

Rogan is a staple of the UFC and i would hate to see him go.

Post #24   6/16/15 5:54:17PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,640-1,857
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by shaneTpain

I prefer Hardy & Gooden

And Stann

This^^^^^^

Also, Rogan is just a fan watching fights like all of us and like a lot of us he gets excited and maybe caught up in the moment. He's mic'd up so we all get to hear what he's thinking/feeling and it doesn't matter to me if he favours one fighter a bit more.

Rogan is a staple of the UFC and i would hate to see him go.

This. I think Rogan is one of the better technical analysts they have on the staff. I'd really like to see Rogan/Florian/Stann. I definitely do not like Goldberg, his generic fight sayings are getting old as hell and sometimes I find myself hitting myself in the forehead with all of his great fighting insight. He just talks to hear himself speak IMO. They need another person to take Goldberg's place. I agree at some times he is a bit biased, but again, just like above, he just happens to be a mic'd up fan. Everyone giving Rogan a hard time for being biased, I dare you to call as many fights as he has and not be biased from time to time. He's called over one thousand fights at this point in his career. I don't hear anyone else whine when he does't get biased for all the other 99% of fights he calls. It happens, he's human just as much as we are.

Post #25   6/17/15 6:47:22PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:5,855-3,628
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by GDPofMPG

Thank you. And half of what he says is what Joe said 2 minutes ago...

I'm not saying he's great now or anything but he's improved a ton since years ago, primarily because he's watched enough fights at this point to occasionally know what he's talking about. This is the guy who once called Jens Pulver the "Little Eagle" and also used the word "neutrify", presumably a combination of neutralize and nullify but we will never really know because it's not actually a word. I think he's come a long way.

Post #26   6/18/15 11:17:00PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by GDPofMPG

Thank you. And half of what he says is what Joe said 2 minutes ago...

I'm not saying he's great now or anything but he's improved a ton since years ago, primarily because he's watched enough fights at this point to occasionally know what he's talking about. This is the guy who once called Jens Pulver the "Little Eagle" and also used the word "neutrify", presumably a combination of neutralize and nullify but we will never really know because it's not actually a word. I think he's come a long way.

He definitely neutrified his doubters.

Post #27   6/18/15 11:31:39PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,376-2,966
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Gumby90

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Gumby90

The Reason Rogan suddenly (last 6 years or so) started showing bias is because the UFC tells him who to talk up and promote. I believe because they expect that kind of commentary Rogans biases have showed a lot more. Sometimes it's unbearable but he was great 10 years ago. I think the UFC ruined him the same way it's ruining itself.

What are you basing this on? Rogan has tackled this very topic several times on his podcast. If the UFC was telling Rogan who to talk up or what to say, he would've walked away ages ago. Joe doesn't need the paycheck. He does it because he's a fan and enjoys what he does. Any biases he may have are due to nobody but himself.

Just seems obvious that if you're not the boss, you do what the boss wants. Boss is a sellout quick money machine then you'll be asked to sellout and do really cheap loud promotion for them.

I don't care much what he says because money will always talk. Rogan cant make the living off comedy that he can commentating.

Rogan has more revenue streams than Ryan Seacrest. He doesn't need the UFC in the least. Besides, just because you speculate that someone with the opportunity to sell out, will, doesn't make it so. Rogan is very vocal and honest about many of the things that people assume are taboo for him.

Post #28   6/20/15 1:42:59AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,640-1,857
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Posted by GDPofMPG

Or call football games.

Ok, in his defense, he was thrusted into that position. It's not like that was his longterm goal. And seriously, do you expect someone to get something right the first time? What if FOX drafted you to call Cricket this weekend and said, 'We need you to explain and talk about England and New Zealand and howt The teams are level at 2-2 and with a combined 2,676 runs at 7.3 an over, they need 324 to pass 3,000 for the first time in a five-match series.' with no background and research. source

The fault lies on FOX for that one.

Post #29   6/20/15 3:21:22AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,673-2,244
Chips:

Posted by Gumby90

I (pretty much) agree with this. When Big Nog and Sylvia fought, Rogan slipped up and told us that Joe Silva was in his earpiece telling him to make a comment about how Pride guys can't hand with UFC guys... it was before Nog came back with the choke win. To an extent he gets told who to hype and what to say.

Rogan can't just look at a clip and instantly know what part of the fight it was from, the guys in the production van set up the highlights for him. He is told what to say.

I remember UFC trying to hype some awful fights and Joe must've refused because they had Dana and Goldie spewing BS to hype the fight in the pre-fight footage. Joe wanted nothing to do with it. He has his limits.

Then again, after hearing him bash Fedor for "roiding" and Bellator for having a goofy name, while he said nothing about Invicta... I think Rogan is bias on his own already.

Joes been showing bias for more than 6 years by my count.

Bias is unavoidable really, what they should have is two educated commentators and each one has to pick a guy to "root for" at least then the bias is proportionate. They could tease and taunt each other too, it would be fun

Last edited 6/20/15 12:28PM server time by bustamante-aoki
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   6/20/15 12:23:25PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3