Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Print  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well, the first halfway big trade of the season has happened so things may light up a bit between now and the trading deadline.

How is your team doing?

My Mariners are not doing so hot and the Astros are over-performing, hence the reason Seattle was one of the two teams in the 6 player trade that went down last night.

Mariners Receive:
OF/1B - Mark Trumbo
SP - Vidal Nuno

Diamondbacks Receive:
C - Welington Castillo (Who the Mariners just barely acquired from the Cubs for RP - Yoervis Medina)
RP - Dominic Leone
OF - Gabriel Guerrero
SS/2B - Jack Reinheimer

So a .240 30HR guy with another year of team control after this year and a MLB-level left-handed SP with 4 more years of team control for essentially 26 & 23 year old right-handed relievers with 4 & 3 more years of team control, a 21 year old right-handed OF who has had success as high as A+ but is a young solid prospect, and a 22 year old middle-infielder who has had success as high as A+ with solid speed.

Trade works for me, the Mariners have to do what they can to try and make something happen this year and next or they start getting deeper into Cano & Cruz's contracts where their production may at some point stop matching the money owed. Nuno is a solid arm, 1 1/3 years in Arizona he put up 0-8 3.49/1.08 w/ 88k in 98IP. The record is kind of comical for how his ERA/WHIP/K9 are, the D-Backs must decide not to hit when he pitched. Safeco field always improves ERA/WHIP so I don't doubt he'll initially maybe fill in for Paxton and potentially Taijuan (if he continues his struggles) once Paxton comes back.

As for who is gone, M's are stacked with right-handed reliever options throughout all levels of the minors so Medina & Leone (who is struggling mightily this year after an incredible rookie year last year) won't be missed as much as other positions even if they do put together some good years. Reinheimer is of no consequence to me. Just a right-handed middle-infielder with no power at all with some speed who probably projects as a utility infielder at best if he makes the majors.

The only way I see this trade biting the Mariners in the ass is if Trumbo somehow ends up injured for the majority of the next 1.66 years of team control, or if 21 year old right-handed outfielder Gabriel Guerrero fills out and surpasses expectations many years down the road when/if he hits the majors. Guerrero is struggling at AA this year but is only 21. His uncle is Vladimir Guerrero. He should hit the majors around 2018 maybe and has a chance to be an All-Star outfielder around 2020 but could just as easily not become a starting outfielder at the MLB level. So short-term, the trade definitely helps the Mariners, long-term I think the relievers are replaceable, the SS/2B is easily replaceable, and Guerrero has the potential a half decade from now to either make this trade look good or bad in hindsight depending how he progresses.

Post #1   6/4/15 8:05:19AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,342-1,837
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The Twins have been a huge surprise so far. We'll see if the pitching can hold up, but it seems like the run support should be there for the long haul.

Adding Tori Hunter has helped a young clubhouse, and hiring Paul Molitor to manage the club was a great decision.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   6/4/15 9:27:12AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,357-2,347
Chips:
Yankees are doing better than expected, and really their best player is the shitty AL East. Tex is finally healthy with his wrist, Arod is doing better than anyone could have hoped for. Back end of the bullpen is lights out.

CC is nothing more than a #4 or #5 starter at this point

Hopefully Tanaka, Jacoby and Nova come back from their injuries

Post #3   6/4/15 9:42:47AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

and really their best player is the shitty AL East.

It's pretty sad that this division used to be so dominant and are reduced to this.

The Jays have been hot garbage all season and are still only a handful of games back thanks to the awfulness of the division.

Post #4   6/4/15 11:04:07AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
The Pirates are heating up! 29-24 6 behind the cards. AJ and Cole are pitching lights out. Hopefully the bottom of the rotation can pick it up. They just started June by taking 3 at SF, and ended may taking 3 from both the Mets and the Marlins and spliting 2-2 at the Padres.

Post #5   6/4/15 1:38:26PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:
It's pretty crazy how a couple of trades have re-ignited Toronto's love of Baseball.

I haven't been to a Jays game as loud as the ones this week since the early 90's when I was a little kid.

Watch out Shawn, the Jays are coming for your Yankees.

Post #6   8/5/15 9:48:14PM   

JoeWarren33

Heavyweight Champ

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,649-2,923
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
All I got to say is, fuck the Yankees!!
Tulo and David Price!!

Go Jays!!

Post #7   8/11/15 9:49:28AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:1,113-790
Chips:
Haven't felt this nervous in a while.

Go Cubs go!

Post #8   10/7/15 10:48:08AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:
The Jays Rangers game today was one of the most entertaining and bizarre baseball games ever.

Post #9   10/14/15 10:32:35PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,342-1,837
Chips:
I was reading some tweets about it, but didn't get to see any of it. Sounds like the 7th inning is worth a watch.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #10   10/15/15 12:40:26AM   

JoeWarren33

Heavyweight Champ

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Chips:
Wow!

What a game! Felt like 92-93 with how loud it got there.

Poor Elvis 3 str8 errors.

All worth it though! Joey Bats!

Bring in those Royals.
Go Jays Go!!!

Post #11   10/15/15 11:32:28AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

I was reading some tweets about it, but didn't get to see any of it. Sounds like the 7th inning is worth a watch.

Russell Martin hit Choo in the hand attempting to throw the ball back to the pitcher. Odur smartly broke for home and the Umpire stepped up and called time causing everyone but Odur to stop moving.

He sent him back to third, but the Rangers Manager came out to argue that the run should count. The umpires got together and agreed that he was right, Choo didn't interfere, Martin just hit him with the throw and while the Ump made a mistake calling time, the Jays wouldn't have been able to stop Odur from scoring so the run counted. Gibbons (Jays Manager) then came out to protest and the rest of the game was played under an official protest. The delay lasted 18 minutes and through it all an incredibly loud Toronto crowd was chanting "Bullshit" and throwing trash and beer cans onto the field.

When play finally resumed the Jays got the 3rd out and the game moved onto the bottom of the 7th. The Rangers made 3 consecutive errors, the first on a routine grounder, the 2nd on a tailor made double play ball, then the 3rd during a wheel play on a bunt. Donaldson then hit a bloop fly that was barely out of the infield and Odur seemed to get his feet tangled up together and failed to reach it scoring the tying run. Then Bautista hit a 3 run bomb celebrating with the king of all bat flips which led to both benches clearing. After Tulo was retired to end the inning Rangers pitcher Dyson went to home plate instead of to their dugout and said something to Tulo and smacked him on the ass leading to another clearing of the benches.

The inning took 53 minutes in total.

Last edited 10/15/15 12:14PM server time by FlashyG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   10/15/15 12:13:37PM   

JoeWarren33

Heavyweight Champ

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Chips:
Here is the greatest thing to happen since Joe Carter's hr!

Last edited 10/15/15 2:27PM server time by FlashyG
Edit note/reason: That deserves to be embedded
4 total post edits

Post #13   10/15/15 12:40:52PM