Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tyson Fury could be on his way to Bellator

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:5,458-3,349
Chips:
6'9" heavyweight boxing contender Tyson Fury recently challenged Cain Velasquez to a showdown in his own octagon. Dana White humorously dismissed the idea, but Scott Coker could be looking at a Fury Bellator debut.

bloodyelbow

Post #1   4/2/15 11:33:03AM   

INTERNET_DEBO

Learning to Sprawl

INTERNET_DEBO Avatar

Career:4,220-2,356
Chips:
95% sure this will end in massive, flaming disaster but if i had to pick anyone to fight this gypsy traveller it would be Volkov for no more than 100k and a caravan. To be worth his salt and get some good visceral experience against a tall russian, did he leave bellator for good?

Post #2   4/2/15 2:46:15PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,549-1,679
Chips:
No hes fighting tony johnson jr in bellator soon.

Unlike most bellator lets guys fight to keep active and get money when in need.

Also bellator has great relationships with almost every Russian org so they ofyen lend fighters to those promotions,look for the favor to be returned in tge future.....id love to see more m1,tech krep,and fight nights guys in bellator especially hws and mws.

Post #3   4/2/15 4:29:35PM   

INTERNET_DEBO

Learning to Sprawl

INTERNET_DEBO Avatar

Career:4,220-2,356
Chips:
tony johnson ,Yeah I had to look it up, Seems hes happy beating up nobodies, Minakov really messed his head up literally 19-1 and fighting cans, And I agree theres some premier untapped russian talent out there, they need to up there nickname game to improve ratings

Post #4   4/2/15 6:24:51PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:
Tony Johsnon or Alex Volkov??? What am I missing here? Tyson Fury doesn't have any place being licensed to fight guys like that at all. Maybe Gzim Selmani or Daniel Gallemore who just fought each other, but not good competent heavyweight in his debut. That said Viator will probably book him against Lavar Johnson so they can promote a reeeel slobber knocker.

Posted by INTERNET_DEBO

tony johnson ,Yeah I had to look it up, Seems hes happy beating up nobodies, Minakov really messed his head up literally 19-1 and fighting cans, And I agree theres some premier untapped russian talent out there, they need to up there nickname game to improve ratings

So you can offer analysis on people you've never heard of before? Google tells you who are can and who are not? Sure guy.

Last edited 4/2/15 7:14PM server time by GDPofMPG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   4/2/15 7:11:18PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Tony Johsnon or Alex Volkov??? What am I missing here? Tyson Fury doesn't have any place being licensed to fight guys like that at all. Maybe Gzim Selmani or Daniel Gallemore who just fought each other, but not good competent heavyweight in his debut. That said Viator will probably book him against Lavar Johnson so they can promote a reeeel slobber knocker.

Posted by INTERNET_DEBO

So you can offer analysis on people you've never heard of before? Google tells you who are can and who are not? Sure guy.

Tony johnson jr is a legit hw ......

He tko'd former M-1 hw champ kenny deuce garner,tkod Kotc hw champ tony lopez,tkod bet reality series champ and current ufc fighter derrick Lewis,and tkod former ufc hw champ tim sylvia.

His first career loss was against daniel cormier and was robbed in a split decision in his other loss.

And volkov has long been a top Russian prospect who spent time with fedor but recently has found his style and is using his length and kicks much more effective since beginning training with the legendary BLACK HOUSE as well as GRACIE BARRA and ALLIANCE.

The guy has beaten plenty of solid guys including top german fighter Denis Goltsov,sambo champion and wsof title challenger Blagoi Ivanov,former ufc fighter roy boughton and vincius queroz,and ufc champ ricco Rodriguez ,as well as kickboxer Alexei Kudin.

Yeah internet debo indeed......YOU JUST GOT KTFO

Last edited 4/2/15 9:30PM server time by FKA
Edit note/reason: droppin knowledge on a zombie
2 total post edits

Post #6   4/2/15 9:08:23PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,574-3,616
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Curious who the give him.

Someone who would trade and stand. And not take it to the ground would be lavar johnson

Post #7   4/2/15 9:29:19PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
Give him kimbo......thats literally the style fights he was brought in for......

Raphael Butler is a former boxer but likes to grapple when in trouble.
Lavar Johnson would be a great brawl
James Thompson would be my favorite choice :)

Volkov fight would be great but thats too big a name for fury.....afterall this isnt the ufc where james toney vs randy couture headline a ppv lol j/k

Last edited 4/2/15 9:42PM server time by FKA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   4/2/15 9:35:38PM   

isk

MMA Sensei

isk Avatar

Career:5-3
Chips:
I wonder if he uppercuts himself again.

Post #9   4/2/15 11:19:57PM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,903-2,311
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Give him kimbo......thats literally the style fights he was brought in for......

Raphael Butler is a former boxer but likes to grapple when in trouble.
Lavar Johnson would be a great brawl
James Thompson would be my favorite choice :)

Volkov fight would be great but thats too big a name for fury.....afterall this isnt the ufc where james toney vs randy couture headline a ppv lol j/k

I thought Randy was going to be the only person in the UFC to win with a choke without actually choking someone. Than Leandro Silva happened.

Post #10   4/3/15 12:02:09PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
Yeah that honor was short lived......

Post #11   4/3/15 2:11:12PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:1,656-1,008
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well considering Belly, is bringing in Shamrock, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they would probably try to get Tank Abbott for a fight with Fury.

Post #12   4/3/15 7:36:01PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
I actually think this is a far more interesting sign than CM Punk or that wrestler Bellator signed.

Fury is a legit boxer in one of the weakest weight classes in all of MMA.

I don't think he'd stand a chance vs a wrestler/grappler but as long as they give him a couple strikers to start he could develop a pretty nice following.Hopefully he can learn to grapple during that time.

I don't see him being much of a challenge for Cain but him vs Kimbo would be a FAR more interesting fight than anything involving Shamrock.

It's hard to scoff at an undefeated Heavyweight boxer with that kind of size. He hasn't really been crushing cans either.

I doubt he'll sign though, he stands to make far more money in boxing than he will in MMA regardless of which org he signs with.

Post #13   4/3/15 8:15:03PM   

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Career:3-1
Chips:
Fury is number 4 in the whole world, winning almost all his fights by knockout and has never lost. Why is there not more hype behind this? I don't care if he never had a chance in hell against a top guy this is a WORLD class boxer undefeated in his prime trying out MMA.

That's pretty cool for research yo.

Post #14   4/3/15 8:58:49PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I actually think this is a far more interesting sign than CM Punk or that wrestler Bellator signed.

Fury is a legit boxer in one of the weakest weight classes in all of MMA.

I don't think he'd stand a chance vs a wrestler/grappler but as long as they give him a couple strikers to start he could develop a pretty nice following.Hopefully he can learn to grapple during that time.

I don't see him being much of a challenge for Cain but him vs Kimbo would be a FAR more interesting fight than anything involving Shamrock.

It's hard to scoff at an undefeated Heavyweight boxer with that kind of size. He hasn't really been crushing cans either.

I doubt he'll sign though, he stands to make far more money in boxing than he will in MMA regardless of which org he signs with.

Agree fury would be a really interesting signing but odds are he doesn't.

Unless he somehow gets a deal to fight in glory as well......now that would be awesome.

Tho i disagree with aaron pico signing liyerallu every time hes mentioned be it wrestling,boxing,or olympics bellator is nentioned.The kid has near limitless potential excellent boxer and grappler.....i can't wait for him to fight mma.

Post #15   4/3/15 10:21:57PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2