Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rogan: High Possibility Fedor Was Using Steroids

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:3,201-1,946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Facts are he never failed a drugs test and dominated for a long time. People can speculate all they want but to me hes 100% clean.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #31   2/26/15 5:36:44AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,706-1,947
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Not sure if on steroids, or just ate too much ice cream.

Post #32   2/26/15 8:12:41AM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:558-406
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
I'm actually a pretty big Rogan fan and have typically been on the side of the fence that defends his ramblings; and Historically, I've not been a big supporter of Fedor, especially in regards to his legacy as the best ever. With that said, when I saw this one I cringed a bit. I actually went back and watched the Fujita fight and Fedor was certainly bigger, but there is nothing about his physical prowess in that fight that screams steroids by any means. There are very few things out of the realm of possibility, so certainly there is a chance that Fedor was on the juice, but I can think of a great number of other fighters (many of whom I am an avid fan) who are far more suspect than the last emperor. I can't see any reason to say anything negative about him now. Fedor has been retired for nearly three years, never even called himself the best, and left everybody alone when he went away. I say let the guys legacy rest. Fedor has nothing more to proved, especially his lack of steroid use.

Post #33   2/26/15 11:14:53AM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Career:2,428-1,472
Camp: GORILLA WARFARE
Chips:
I think what people fail to understand about Rogan's fight companion podcast is that he's just a guy getting high and bullsh*tting with his friends, its crazy to draw up mma "news" articles based on that, take it for what it is.

He wasn't basing his assumption only on the supposed size difference of 2003 Fedor to now. Another thing that doesn't get mentioned is the fact that Rogan's opinion on steroid use in Pride is based very much on his conversations with Enson Inoue, the fact that Pride never tested for steroid use, and other shading dealings surrounding Japanese fight organizations in general, the Yakuza, the fact that Fedor was a one man industry for a lot of odd Russian characters, etc. Fedor tested clean throughout his career? Was he ever tested for steroids in all his years fighting in Russia or Japan...that is, before he started fighting for Strikeforce and losing?

I'm not saying we should automatically assume everyone who fought in Pride was guilty of steroid use but anyone who follows this stuff should not be shocked by a statement like there was a "high possibility Fedor was using steroids," because there was a high possibility that everyone who fought for Pride was on them. But who the hell cares if he was on steroids?

Pride was a different era, different landscape, different set of rules...enjoy it for what it was but whatever Pride actually was, Fedor was at the top. You can never take that away, and to try to apply the same views we have of mma today and this weird ethical dilemma people seem to have surrounding steroid use during that time is just delusional.

Post #34   2/26/15 3:17:12PM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,534-2,055
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
UFC lost their GOAT Andy and now they are trying to besmirch my man Fedor. A dude who looks like he could be any of our uncles. Fuck off Joe.

Post #35   2/26/15 3:35:37PM   

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Career:3-1
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i think fedor was clean but i will also agree that there is a high possibility that he was using steroids bc it seems everyone else was in mma and if mlb players & tour de france riders are guilty by association bc they competed with others who got busted when the sport was dirty, then fedor or any other mmartist in the last few years are no different.

he's real low on my list of people i'd begin accusing. but def not going to count out the possibility

Out of curiosity, if Fedor is low on the list, who is at the very bottom? Which fighter would blow your mind to hell if they tested positive or came out and admitted to it?

Anderson Silva, not even kidding.

Post #36   2/26/15 4:31:05PM   

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Career:3-1
Chips:
I've thought he was dirty for the semmy schilt fight and the minotauro fights. It was because the pace he maintained in those fights.

another who I think roided was GSP around 2008 since he declined so hard so fast and maintained such a crazy fight camp and really I think that there were actually many fewer than one might expect back in the day. The guys in the UFC back in the early 2000's under trained and didn't make the kind of money that they do today.

Post #37   2/26/15 4:41:21PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,462-806
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm not a fan of Fedor as I feel he has been way over rated by fan boys. With that said I feel Rogan is WAY out of place making this type of accusation.

Post #38   2/26/15 9:05:31PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3