Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva on failed drug tests: 'I always played clean, I was never a cheater'

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,083-2,369
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Despite additional failed drug tests, former UFC middleweight champion and all-time MMA great Anderson Silva isn’t wavering from his stance that he’s a clean fighter.

mmajunkie

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   2/20/15 10:24:19AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:2,878-1,666
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
sorry Andy. ask every other pro athlete that failed a drug test. you dont get the benefit of the doubt after this.

Post #2   2/20/15 11:00:23AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,009-1,317
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

sorry Andy. ask every other pro athlete that failed a drug test. you dont get the benefit of the doubt after this.

Nope.

ESPECIALLY with him failing the test on the 9th, passing on the 19th, then passing again on fight night

The dude is lying IMO

Post #3   2/20/15 11:08:12AM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Didn't he fail again on Fight Night?

Post #4   2/20/15 2:34:20PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,953-1,167
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I want to believe him so damn bad. My last best hope is that he unknowingly took something as part of his recovery medication. Failing to be in charge of what goes into your body doesn't make you innocent, but if it's unintentional I can at least forgive it.

Post #5   2/20/15 2:48:32PM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Career:2,428-1,472
Camp: GORILLA WARFARE
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I want to believe him so damn bad. My last best hope is that he unknowingly took something as part of his recovery medication. Failing to be in charge of what goes into your body doesn't make you innocent, but if it's unintentional I can at least forgive it.

I've always thought this is an interesting argument made by fighters and fans. Has there ever been a legitimate case where an athlete unknowingly took something? I would think that in a sport where cutting weight is a big deal that you're going to know at least a little something about everything you put in your body. Especially when it comes to things that can only get into your body by injection, are you gonna tell me a doctor gave you something by needle and you don't know wtf it was or at least questioned it as a professional athlete? How many things in life require an injection anyway?

Last edited 2/20/15 4:56PM server time by Solidus
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   2/20/15 4:53:48PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,757-3,145
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Many steroids come in a pill form...

Post #7   2/20/15 4:59:41PM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Many steroids come in a pill form...

I thought Anderson was popped for inject-able steroids? Do oral performance enhancing steroids actually work?

Post #8   2/20/15 5:12:30PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,481-2,125
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Solidus

Posted by bjj1605

I've always thought this is an interesting argument made by fighters and fans. Has there ever been a legitimate case where an athlete unknowingly took something? I would think that in a sport where cutting weight is a big deal that you're going to know at least a little something about everything you put in your body. Especially when it comes to things that can only get into your body by injection, are you gonna tell me a doctor gave you something by needle and you don't know wtf it was or at least questioned it as a professional athlete? How many things in life require an injection anyway?

I didn't really follow the story at the time but when Sherk got busted, he denied it. He sent in all of his supplements for testing, and even a case of the bottled water he drinks. According to Sherk, the bottled water came back positive for steroids.

Post #9   2/20/15 5:48:58PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,764-1,140
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Anderson didnt just test positive for roids don't forget anxiety medication......

He knows what he took........the same exact steroid the 3 or 4 others from his camp tested positive for.....

Maybe....just maybe,if he was popped for something other then what his camp is guilty of using repeatedly he might get sympothy from me,but its pretty hard to explain such a coincidence lol

Last edited 2/20/15 6:00PM server time by FKA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #10   2/20/15 5:56:30PM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Posted by Solidus

Posted by bjj1605

I didn't really follow the story at the time but when Sherk got busted, he denied it. He sent in all of his supplements for testing, and even a case of the bottled water he drinks. According to Sherk, the bottled water came back positive for steroids.

I don't remember reading about that last part. That is just bizarre. If it were me and I wanted to protect my legacy, I might be tempted to put something in my water and send it off for them to find also, haha...

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #11   2/20/15 6:00:13PM