Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

CM Punk to train in Roufusport alongside Anthony Pettis and Ben Askren

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Doesnt bother me, he will bring fans over much like Brock did, maybe not as much but he will. Doesnt bother me with his record either, there have been 0-0 guys before

I feel for the guys that put in the work. I don't know of anyone that was 0-0 with no armature background getting a sanctioned fight at the highest level.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   12/31/14 10:52:21PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,764-1,140
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Postman its a joke and your right so many guys work and dedicate their lives to even be able to get access to elite gyms and pro level fights.

Any educated fan,journalist,or fighter is absolutely laughing at this dumb fucking move.....

Count me in :)

I wonder when nwo will take over ufc.....???

Post #17   12/31/14 11:56:30PM   

handyman293

In Full Mount

handyman293 Avatar

Career:1,003-704
Chips:
I'm more concerned that you seem to know who every pro wrestler is, and can name them.

Post #18   1/1/15 12:27:58AM   

Goatenstein

Belt Contender

Career:869-595
Chips:
I love how butthurt people are towards Punk when this is clearly a desperate ploy of Dana's. Hope Punk dominates and TUF noobs cry a decade after they killed MMA for real fans.

Post #19   1/1/15 12:42:42AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:2,116-1,275
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Goatenstein

I love how butthurt people are towards Punk when this is clearly a desperate ploy of Dana's. Hope Punk dominates and TUF noobs cry a decade after they killed MMA for real fans.

Post #20   1/1/15 1:57:27AM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Career:2,576-1,402
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I do not understand the hate here. The guy wanted to try his hand at MMA and has enough name value to get a shot in the UFC.

He'll bring new eyes to MMA and what is really lost here? The legitimacy of the sport? Bullshit.

For a very long time, the UFC has rewarded the entertainer over the quiet fighter. Chael Sonnen lost a title fight and got a title fight in a higher division next time out. Diaz lost to Condit and got GSP next time out. Look at McGregor even, whereas guys like Fitch have to win 8 straight to get a shot and get cut off of one fight losing streaks- see also Okami or Shields.

This is the way it is. It isn't something new- so why get upset about it now?

If he sucks and gets beaten down, so what? At least he gave it a shot.

Post #21   1/1/15 5:11:25AM   

CaseyJones

MMA Regular

CaseyJones Avatar

Career:67-49
Chips:

Posted by postman

Most camps you have to earn a spot on the comp team. This dude is getting the royal treatment.

Not when you have a stacked bank account
Punk probably has more money then roufussport and all its fighters combined.

Post #22   1/1/15 7:53:05AM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Career:2,428-1,472
Camp: GORILLA WARFARE
Chips:
It's almost impossible for this to be worse than James Toney in the UFC. At least CM Punk is actually training on the ground.

Post #23   1/1/15 10:50:54AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:3,840-2,055
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Shawn91111

Doesnt bother me, he will bring fans over much like Brock did, maybe not as much but he will. Doesnt bother me with his record either, there have been 0-0 guys before

I feel for the guys that put in the work. I don't know of anyone that was 0-0 with no armature background getting a sanctioned fight at the highest level.

Wasn't Mitrione...0-0..yea he was on tuf..but who cares.

Post #24   1/1/15 11:16:42AM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
Sometimes I think mma has too many haters. Or shit ton people that think their better than someone because they "train" or what not. It's really Fuckin stupid sometimes.

In the end he's going to go in there and fight. I know everyone is intrested in this fight more than any 0-0 guy out there that isn't a friend or family member. Just remember you'll watch it.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #25   1/1/15 12:56:26PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,757-3,145
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bythar

For a very long time, the UFC has rewarded the entertainer over the quiet fighter. Chael Sonnen lost a title fight and got a title fight in a higher division next time out. Diaz lost to Condit and got GSP next time out. Look at McGregor even, whereas guys like Fitch have to win 8 straight to get a shot and get cut off of one fight losing streaks- see also Okami or Shields.

Dude I totally get what your saying but don't forget that Shields and Fitch are equally boring inside and outside the cage. They are boring to watch fight! Skilled, yes...exciting, hell no! Now Diaz, in my opinion, is the polar opposite. He is amusing (at least he used to be) outside the cage as a heel and his skill set and style of fighting inside the cage are fun as hell to watch.
Will I watch Punk, sure...why not...it's going to be on. But will I prefer to see him come because of his name and mouth over say Karol Bedorf...hell no.

Last edited 1/1/15 1:16PM server time by jae_1833
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   1/1/15 1:11:27PM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Career:2,428-1,472
Camp: GORILLA WARFARE
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Sometimes I think mma has too many haters. Or shit ton people that think their better than someone because they "train" or what not. It's really Fuckin stupid sometimes.

In the end he's going to go in there and fight. I know everyone is intrested in this fight more than any 0-0 guy out there that isn't a friend or family member. Just remember you'll watch it.

I've heard CM Punk in interviews, don't watch wrestling so I don't know him or his character and he seems like a pretty humble and realistic guy. He's basically said what you and others have said on here, he doesn't understand the hate and its not as if he's taking food off of anyone table, either watch his fight for whatever your reasons are or don't. He'll be one and done or he'll be able to hang. At the end of the day, I don't think this guy will end up looking like a complete fool in the octagon the way James Toney did. And if nothing else, it will put more eyes on the sport and that's good for everyone involved including low level fighters who might get more exposure as a result.

Just relax people and try to see the big picture.

Post #27   1/1/15 1:44:55PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
When Michael Jordan wanted to play baseball did the White Sox start him at first base to fill seats? Or bring in NBA fans? Jordan has far more drawing power then Punk. He was a far better athlete as well.

Its disrespectful. I wish the guy the best and I hope he proves me wrong. But I don't have to be okay with the kids putting in work getting passed by for this guy. Call me a hater.

Post #28   1/1/15 1:50:31PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,706-1,947
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Post #29   1/1/15 2:03:26PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:3,840-2,055
Chips:

Posted by postman

When Michael Jordan wanted to play baseball did the White Sox start him at first base to fill seats? Or bring in NBA fans? Jordan has far more drawing power then Punk. He was a far better athlete as well.

Its disrespectful. I wish the guy the best and I hope he proves me wrong. But I don't have to be okay with the kids putting in work getting passed by for this guy. Call me a hater.

Didn't Jordan do the same, take some kids spot in AA? That doesn't count because its not MLB? Still taking someones spot on the team because of who he is.

Post #30   1/1/15 3:12:50PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3