Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I guess my elders should be indicted for Child Abuse

Print  
  Page 7 of 10   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,357-2,347
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by george112

lolz

you're right you can.

One can also keep making oneself out to be a stubborn jackass as well.

Ive said what I needed to .

Also for the snitches. i worded this post in a particular way as to avoid exactly what the snitches would be snitching on

Snitches get switches

Last edited 9/15/14 6:10PM server time by shawn91111
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #91   9/15/14 6:10:07PM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Let's just all agree that what ray rice did isn't half as bad as Peterson did and he's kicked out of the NFL.

Yep.

And now there's talk that Peterson is likely to play this weekend.

Unbelievable.

And I'm still blown away that people are defending this shit. It's a cycle of abuse if that's "how he was brought up". Fucking gross.

Post #92   9/15/14 6:14:03PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,166-3,390
Chips:
Just saw on sports center that Peterson is playing this weekend. What the fuck ??

Nfl got major problems right now.
Guess they didn't learn from ray rice fiasco

Post #93   9/15/14 7:45:32PM   

JoeWarren33

Heavyweight Champ

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,614-2,891
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
On ESPN.COM

Poll they have up.

Do you agree with the Vikings' decision to reinstate Adrian Peterson?

227,000 votes and as of now (roughly)

66% Yes
44 % No

What is wrong with people.....I guess they do not know everything, and just going off a little info.

Also apparently his son that died, he had no relationship at all with him, from what I heard today. Also it sounds like he has various kids with various woman. This guy sounds like a real piece of trash, maybe him and Antonio Cromartie need to hang out with their busload of children.

Post #94   9/15/14 8:04:06PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:3,098-1,799
Chips:
Im very surprised the Vikings chose to activate him, especially considering the Rice stuff.

Post #95   9/15/14 8:23:58PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,711-1,737
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Yeah, the guy should not be playing especially after how they handled the Ray Rice case.

I bet before long though, he will be sitting out.

We shall see

Post #96   9/15/14 9:13:20PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,357-2,347
Chips:
Now a second case of abuse is being reported

LINK

Post #97   9/15/14 9:25:07PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Im very surprised the Vikings chose to activate him, especially considering the Rice stuff.

I'm sure Goodell is just waiting for a recording to hit the internet before considering suspension.

In all seriousness though despite me thinking he deserves a suspension and possibly even jail time, none of that can or should happen until he's had his day in court.

I also understand the Vikings are a team that wants to win and their chances of winning are greatly improved with AP on the field rather than off it.

If the league will let them use him, you better believe he'll be on the field.

Post #98   9/15/14 9:32:19PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Convenient for this second story to come out today ay?

Sounds to me like the child hit his head trying to get away from the spanking, but i don't know for sure, just like anybody else

if you watch the video, it basically says they don't know anything and at this point everything is alleged. Also they point out why wasn't this brought to someones attention back in june of last year when this happened. Child protective services came to the conclusion to not press charges . Why?

Post #99   9/15/14 9:45:54PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,342-1,837
Chips:
AP comes across as a nice guy, and saint off the field, but he's obviously not. Like others have stated, he has multiple kids, with multiple women, didn't even meet the one that died, and whoops on his kids. I guess the punishments he got as a child growing up didn't work out as well as it was supposed to.

I see this being the last year with the Vikings, before he gets shipped to Dallas. I don't blame the management for playing him, as it's a business first, and I guess the legal process has to play out.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #100   9/15/14 9:48:59PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by george112

Sounds to me like the child hit his head trying to get away from the spanking, but i don't know for sure, just like anybody else

if you watch the video, it basically says they don't know anything and at this point everything is alleged. Also they point out why wasn't this brought to someones attention back in june of last year when this happened. Child protective services came to the conclusion to not press charges . Why?

The timing doesn't make the claim and more or less valid.

A year ago nobody had any reason to believe Peterson was beating his kids, nor did they have reason to check the history of reports to CPS involving his children.

The incident was brought to CPS when it happened but didn't warrant charges, it does however show a pattern of abuse from Peterson towards his kids. This more recent incident surely deserved charges, and the fact that he has a history of "whooping" his kids should be a factor in the sentence he gets from the court.

Post #101   9/15/14 11:07:56PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:2,076-1,211
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Kids who go through the foster care system are muchmore likely to suffer child abuse, neglect, and molestation. Thats a last resort and this kid should absolutely stay with his parents. As bad as this sounds its not worth the odds of gambling his safety on another family who has no love for him.

I don't think he really lives with AP much anyway. The mom's biggest fault if any was failing to report it.

Post #102   9/16/14 12:19:25AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:2,076-1,211
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Lot of ground covered, but just wanted to point something out.

Why would people rather he use a hand than a switch?

A switch can't physically harm you, other than the superficial because it has no mass.

An open hand on a 4 year olds ass could break his pelvis, dislocate a hip, or even break his back. You're talking about a giant of a man here. The switch was 100% safer for that child than a spanking.

I don't think people would be any less upset if he smacked him in the balls, or broke his hip. I would bet a doctor would report that as well. It may be that, if you are unable to discipline your child through corporal punishment in a manner which will not be reported by a physician as child abuse, you should consider alternatives.

Post #103   9/16/14 12:28:06AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,166-3,390
Chips:
Surprised how many people are taking ap side
On the radio and interviews.

Saying well his dad was in jail
His brother died hit and run
His other brother died before the nfl combine

Just making excuses of why Peterson is the way he is when it comes to discipline his kids.

Post #104   9/16/14 9:57:57AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by george112

The timing doesn't make the claim and more or less valid.

A year ago nobody had any reason to believe Peterson was beating his kids, nor did they have reason to check the history of reports to CPS involving his children.

The incident was brought to CPS when it happened but didn't warrant charges, it does however show a pattern of abuse from Peterson towards his kids. This more recent incident surely deserved charges, and the fact that he has a history of "whooping" his kids should be a factor in the sentence he gets from the court.

Actually the timing does.

go and watch the video.

"whooping" your kids is perfectly legal here in texas and that has nothing to do with it. he could whoop his kids everyday without leaving marks and we wouldn't even be having this conversation

everyone keeps saying this guy has a history of beating his kids and leaving marks and what not. a scar to the head is far worse than what that switch left IMO but yet it took this long for them to finally realize his his were being beaten?? Bullshit. Shawn has already claimed one of his kids got beat with an extension cord. What about that instance?? Nothing done then?

another incident pops up that CPS HAS ALREADY investigated?? Sounds like the media is latching on to everything it can to keep this story in the papers.

Now does that mean the first case is less valid? No but bringing up some old shit that has already been investigated is exactly what the media does with everything

Post #105   9/16/14 11:11:44AM   

Page 7 of 10   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10