Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fox 11 pulls 1.99 million viewers, worst in series

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:5,147-3,148
Chips:
UFC on FOX 11 may have proved to be a sellout in Orlando, but it also produced the lowest overnight rating in the series' history.

Link

Post #1   4/21/14 12:27:18AM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Chips:
That's odd. I thought this was one of the best cards on paper in a while.

Maybe the ufc execs have finally over saturated the market.

Post #2   4/21/14 5:59:11AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:3,098-1,799
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

That's odd. I thought this was one of the best cards on paper in a while.

Maybe the ufc execs have finally over saturated the market.

I had it on at the bar I work at. Everyone that came in asked if they were live bc they had no clue

Post #3   4/21/14 9:28:01AM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,469-2,021
Chips:
I wouldn't be to worried yet, this only shows us how large the gap between the average fan is. To hard core fans this was the card of the year, average fans didn't even have any idea or didn't care about how good Travis Browne or Werdum are.

From this point on if there is no title fight they need to go with names that will draw as the fox headliners like Bisping, Sonnen, JDS. Someone established like that who may not need the fox spotlight but fox needs them. Of course title fights are first bet, but they need names more than substance.

Post #4   4/21/14 11:29:56AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,373-1,526
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
They kept saying this was the most exciting card they've ever had on Fox, and I just had to laugh. The UFC on Fox 5, 6, & 7 cards were way more stacked, and came through in a big way. Those cards, and really most cards, had names from top to bottom, and not just names fighting cans.

Still, the card was fairly entertaining, and in my mind 1.99 isn't terrible. I wonder what the average baseball game on big Fox draws...

Post #5   4/21/14 1:05:25PM   

Owens92x

MMA Sensei

Owens92x Avatar

Career:469-295
Chips:
That's what happens when you go against NHL and NBA play offs... At least it did well in Orlando.

Post #6   4/21/14 1:12:30PM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:2,983-1,898
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
The ufc needs to put people on Fox who the casual fans remember from other fights on Fox if they are not going to put title fights above 155 on the channel. Nate Diaz, Donald Ceronne, Matt Brown all have had fights on fox that the casual fan can watch and go hey I know that guy and he fucks shit up. There are so many good fighters in the UFC and there is a real chance to build some stars with drawing power. Just because its a number 1 contender fight doesn't mean two fighters who the casual fan doesn't know will draw good numbers. If the UFC wants to solve the ratings debacle they should throw Jon Jones on one fox card and watch the numbers skyrocket.

Post #7   4/21/14 1:29:10PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,251-3,438
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Really good card. A lot better than other fox cards
If they ain't gonna get the ratings. Then save the dam fights for the ppv. Make people pay for them then

Post #8   4/21/14 1:35:58PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

They kept saying this was the most exciting card they've ever had on Fox, and I just had to laugh. The UFC on Fox 5, 6, & 7 cards were way more stacked, and came through in a big way. Those cards, and really most cards, had names from top to bottom, and not just names fighting cans.

Still, the card was fairly entertaining, and in my mind 1.99 isn't terrible. I wonder what the average baseball game on big Fox draws...

This is last year's World Series numbers on FOX. Keep in mind that the Red Sox and Cardinals have two of baseball's absurdly large fan bases.

It averaged an 8.9 household rating and 14.9m viewers. Game 6 had a series-high of 11.3 and 19.2m viewers and was the highest rated game since Game 7 of the 2011 series (Cardinals vs. Rangers).

Locally FOX Sports regional networks recorded their highest-rated season ever. They averaged a 3.94

Source

Post #9   4/21/14 1:55:33PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,373-1,526
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

This is last year's World Series numbers on FOX. Keep in mind that the Red Sox and Cardinals have two of baseball's absurdly large fan bases.

It averaged an 8.9 household rating and 14.9m viewers. Game 6 had a series-high of 11.3 and 19.2m viewers and was the highest rated game since Game 7 of the 2011 series (Cardinals vs. Rangers).

Locally FOX Sports regional networks recorded their highest-rated season ever. They averaged a 3.94

Source

Oh wow! Even as a baseball fan, I find those regular season numbers surprising. That means that the UFC's weakest card (IMO) on Big Fox does half, give or take, of what a regular season baseball game does on regional sports networks, and that they have had some events surpass those numbers....

Interesting. I could see that as a good thing. Those TV deals are what bring in the billions, so if they are making equivalent numbers, who is to say they couldn't get equivalent money down the road?

I say have them put the most stacked card of the year on Fox, two title fights AND three bomb ass main card fights supporting. And some good prelims to lead in to it. Try and match those World Series numbers!

Post #10   4/22/14 11:23:30AM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:
This was an MMA fans card, not a viral/buzz card with contrived points of interest to appeal to non mma fans. The number makes sense I think.

Post #11   4/22/14 1:27:33PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Oh wow! Even as a baseball fan, I find those regular season numbers surprising. That means that the UFC's weakest card (IMO) on Big Fox does half, give or take, of what a regular season baseball game does on regional sports networks, and that they have had some events surpass those numbers....

Interesting. I could see that as a good thing. Those TV deals are what bring in the billions, so if they are making equivalent numbers, who is to say they couldn't get equivalent money down the road?

I say have them put the most stacked card of the year on Fox, two title fights AND three bomb ass main card fights supporting. And some good prelims to lead in to it. Try and match those World Series numbers!

I should clarify what I mean by "locally." This refers to your Fox Sports Southwest, Fox Sports Ohio, etc... It doesn't necessarily mean your local Fox station. I'm sure regular network Fox data can be found, but these numbers are for your cable variety Fox networks, not network television.

Just wanted to clarify.

Post #12   4/22/14 1:56:51PM