Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White on Fighter Pay: “When you look at the lives we’ve changed, I’m (expletive) proud of it”

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:3,912-2,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It's not Dana's fault regarding the champs being payed rather low. They signed a contract and are obligated to finish it and after they can negotiate a better contract for them.

Post #16   7/5/13 6:19:19PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:

Posted by ry_dawg63

you're right I do you know what the local lvl pay is and in my opinion it needs to be increased as well.and if you want to know what the truth is I don't base what I think Fighters should be paid on some fantasy price thier fans should come up with. but I do believe that when a fighter Who works his way up through the rankings should get paid accordingly for his hard work and not for his shit talking skills or out of the cage antics! like Jon Fitch for example I know he wasn't the most exciting fighter and didn't bring in the biggest draw but fact is he was arguably number 2 or 3 in the division for years he should be paid better than some low tier fighter in some b level organization. and on your comment about choosing to be a cage fighter I do understand that bro I'm not retarded.it's a choice but if you look at the wages these other professional combat sports pay why are MMA fighters
In biggest show on the planet the UFC being paid chump change? it's simple Dana White and the zufa are just greedy and intill these fighters start making noise there not going to shit to change with way it all works. And you dont even want me to get into what i think the rule changes should be for more exciting fights

I'm not sure locals can get payed more. I can't imagine what it would cost to have a fight. Hey I wish everyone could make bank. Its just not how it goes. I agree with rule changes. What does an undercard boxer make on a normal ppv fight? I bet its not all that much. I may be wrong though.

Last edited 7/5/13 6:46PM server time by postman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   7/5/13 6:45:35PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by postman

Or be elite, or both. Works for Mayweather

Obviously this isn't an issue for the elites, so no, that isn't really a viable option.

Well then I guess they should evaluate their chances at being elite and if they can cut it pick a new job. They more these dudes agree to fight for chump change the more the ufc will filter them through the system. It might not sit well with everyone but it is what it is. They could form a union then take it in the ass from them if they would like.

Post #18   7/5/13 6:49:28PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by ry_dawg63

you're right I do you know what the local lvl pay is and in my opinion it needs to be increased as well.and if you want to know what the truth is I don't base what I think Fighters should be paid on some fantasy price thier fans should come up with. but I do believe that when a fighter Who works his way up through the rankings should get paid accordingly for his hard work and not for his shit talking skills or out of the cage antics! like Jon Fitch for example I know he wasn't the most exciting fighter and didn't bring in the biggest draw but fact is he was arguably number 2 or 3 in the division for years he should be paid better than some low tier fighter in some b level organization. and on your comment about choosing to be a cage fighter I do understand that bro I'm not retarded.it's a choice but if you look at the wages these other professional combat sports pay why are MMA fighters
In biggest show on the planet the UFC being paid chump change? it's simple Dana White and the zufa are just greedy and intill these fighters start making noise there not going to shit to change with way it all works. And you dont even want me to get into what i think the rule changes should be for more exciting fights

I'm not sure locals can get payed more. I can't imagine what it would cost to have a fight. Hey I wish everyone could make bank. Its just not how it goes. I agree with rule changes. What does an undercard boxer make on a normal ppv fight? I bet its not all that much. I may be wrong though.

Undercard boxers make even less. But what you said is right. Everyone needs to stop saying "it should be this way". It isn't that way. I should have all the money I ever need to live on right now. It isn't going to happen, though. Your value is not based on how hard you work. It is based on skill / selling yourself. You make a market of yourself.

Post #19   7/5/13 7:21:24PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2