Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Longtime UFC announcer Bruce Buffer to release autobiography in 2012

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,008-3,460
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
With mixed-martial-arts autobiographies currently among the most popular book titles in the sports category, the "Veteran Voice of the Octagon" is getting in on the action.

Bruce Buffer, the longtime emcee of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, recently announced his plans to pen an autobiography, which he says has already been purchased by Random House.

While the project has not yet been officially announced, Buffer said it's currently titled, "It's Time!" and will debut between sometime around Christmas 2012.

Buffer, the half-brother and manager of fellow famed announcer Michael Buffer, made his octagon debut way back in 1996 at UFC 8. It would be UFC 13 before he became a staple of the company's broadcasts, and even that came only after he was able to get the UFC featured in an episode of "Friends."

LINK

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   10/16/11 10:19:49AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:4,256-2,576
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
For those who listen to his podcasts theyll know what to expect, bragging about the girls he lands and talking about how "classy" he is. I'll give credit where credit's due, the man can announce like its nobodies business but thats actually the only thing I repect about him.

Post #2   10/16/11 11:06:39AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,802-2,867
Chips:
Same here. I haven't liked him since he talked shit with Tito about Chuck after their season of TUF. Just seems like a very shallow person.

Post #3   10/16/11 11:56:23AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,008-3,460
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

For those who listen to his podcasts theyll know what to expect, bragging about the girls he lands and talking about how "classy" he is. I'll give credit where credit's due, the man can announce like its nobodies business but thats actually the only thing I repect about him.

I agree. He seems very full of himself.

Post #4   10/16/11 12:14:06PM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I like Bruce and enjoy his podcasts.

Post #5   10/16/11 1:00:16PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:704-370
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I like Bruce and enjoy his podcasts.

Same Here, Luv the Bruce

Post #6   10/16/11 5:58:19PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

What's wrong with bragging about the girls he lands ....I do it all the time, big deal.

Mr. Bruce Buffer is a

Last edited 10/16/11 8:33PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   10/16/11 8:32:35PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:424-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
For me, you would have to have done great things in your life for me to buy your autobiography.

I feel too many autobiographies are written today. It used to be - if an autobiography was written, it meant the person did something extraordinary which was worth knowing and reading about... Nowadays, autobiographies are written because the author has graduated high school.

Post #8   10/16/11 11:40:55PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

For me, you would have to have done great things in your life for me to buy your autobiography.

I feel too many autobiographies are written today. It used to be - if an autobiography was written, it meant the person did something extraordinary which was worth knowing and reading about... Nowadays, autobiographies are written because the author has graduated high school.

What is extraordinary? Climbing a mountain? winning office? winning at sports? or being a great contributer to society?

I'm pretty interested in how many girls a fat old announcer banged.

Post #9   10/17/11 4:39:36AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Great things? Nah. Interesting things? Yes.

I'm very interested in reading this.

Post #10   10/17/11 9:12:01AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:424-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing the guy. I don't even know him. I just feel too many autobiographies are written for selfish reasons.

Posted by ghandikush

What is extraordinary? Climbing a mountain? winning office? winning at sports? or being a great contributer to society?

Extraordinary is doing things which no one has done or things which only a few have done.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #11   10/17/11 11:34:11AM   

scoozna

10 Year Service Award Winner

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,957-1,723
Chips:
I'll read the section on the "Buffer 360" and then put the book back on the shelf.

Post #12   10/17/11 3:01:29PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:2,054-1,311
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I can't wait to read something like this in the book-

" So I was in an elevator with three,four,maybe five ring girls,who keeps count?
When all the sudden in walks Frank Trigg with his 10 dollar smile. I proceeded to implement my kung fu skills against him before securing a headlock........He then lost to Matt Hughes."

Post #13   10/17/11 3:01:56PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,271-2,298
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing the guy. I don't even know him. I just feel too many autobiographies are written for selfish reasons.

Posted by ghandikush

Extraordinary is doing things which no one has done or things which only a few have done.

He does the Buffer 180 and on a rare occassion the Buffer 360. That is extraordinary.

Besides, it cant be as bad as Matt Hughes' book.

Post #14   10/17/11 9:26:21PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Ryan Leaf is writing a 3 part autobiography

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #15   10/19/11 9:18:38AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2