CREATE AN ACCOUNT HOME MMA FORUMS FIGHTER RANKINGS MMA NEWS | MY FIGHT CAMP MY RANKINGS
Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Last Movie You Watched

Print  
  Page 210 of 221   <<   207     208     209     210     211     212     213   >>
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,376-2,966
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by jbmoviefan

"It Follows", the only movie I've ever described as a supernatural, STD, chain letter. Well worth the time for any B horror movie loves, and maybe a few others if you can get past the low budget.

I've heard good things about it. It's on my to-watch list. I may have to bump it to the top though.

My favorite soundtrack since Drive. I found it very easy to get past the lower budget because in every way you want it to be, it's like an 80's flick, and in every way you wouldn't want it to be, it's not. I thought they did a really good job with it.

Without giving too much away, is it a contemporary 80's horror movie? Like The House of the Devil, if you've ever seen it? I love the Drive soundtrack too, so that sounds promising. Either way, I continue to hear good things, so I gotta just watch it.

Post #3136   7/8/15 7:21:32PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

The Machine

It is on Netflix. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Her mixed with Robocop.

I haven't seen Ex Machina or whatever it is called, but I pictured it being like this movie

Haven't seen The Machine, but I highly recommend Ex Machina.

Also, the new Mad Max was surprisingly excellent. Thought it would be decent, but it far exceeded my expectations.

Post #3137   7/8/15 7:24:50PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Kpro

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by jbmoviefan

"It Follows", the only movie I've ever described as a supernatural, STD, chain letter. Well worth the time for any B horror movie loves, and maybe a few others if you can get past the low budget.

I've heard good things about it. It's on my to-watch list. I may have to bump it to the top though.

My favorite soundtrack since Drive. I found it very easy to get past the lower budget because in every way you want it to be, it's like an 80's flick, and in every way you wouldn't want it to be, it's not. I thought they did a really good job with it.

Without giving too much away, is it a contemporary 80's horror movie? Like The House of the Devil, if you've ever seen it? I love the Drive soundtrack too, so that sounds promising. Either way, I continue to hear good things, so I gotta just watch it.

Yeah, it's a contemporary 80's horror flick like The House of the Devil and a very similar pacing. Similar in their slow but constant escalation of the atmosphere and tension and even simplistic at times dialogue letting sounds/reactions convey things most horror movies try to put into the script. They also both don't use really "cheap" scares for the most part which is a huge plus imo since it's the easiest route to go. Unfortunately neither movie has an ending that can come close to matching the tone they set up throughout, but for the genre it's really hard to nit-pick when the rest of the movie is so engaging. Enjoy the very well done build-up throughout the movie, just don't assume that means you should expect a huge payoff from the ending.

Post #3138   7/8/15 8:06:25PM   

Dr_Doom

Standup Guy

Dr_Doom Avatar

Career:235-176
Camp: Super-Villain Team-Up
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by george112

The Machine

It is on Netflix. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Her mixed with Robocop.

I haven't seen Ex Machina or whatever it is called, but I pictured it being like this movie

Haven't seen The Machine, but I highly recommend Ex Machina.

Also, the new Mad Max was surprisingly excellent. Thought it would be decent, but it far exceeded my expectations.

Yes, Max was surprisingly better than I thought. And Machina was a surprise as well. Both enjoyable in their own right.

Post #3139   7/8/15 8:28:50PM   

Dr_Doom

Standup Guy

Dr_Doom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Saw Mad Max in 3d. It was very good. I'm almost tempted to watch it again one more time. Pretty much nonstop action, with excellent villains, and great visuals.

I will pass on 3D.

But I will take a straight up Imax any-day of the week. If you really want style, go to a "Big D" screen. Bigger than Imax, by a little. One is Carmike and one is GKC, and I usually need Google to tell me which is which.

If you fell off the top of this thing, you would be hurt.

Slightly OT: Anyone have a drive-in near them? I would like to see a UFC at a drive-in screen at least once.

Post #3140   7/8/15 8:43:13PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,254
Chips:
I have a drive-in near by. It's really nothing special to be honest, and at least at this one, you don't get to pick where you park, so a lot of the spots are way off sides. You really can't relax and still see much of the screen, your car radio system is pretty limited in terms of sound if it's cold or rainy out. Did it once and never again.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #3141   7/10/15 4:17:56PM   

Dr_Doom

Standup Guy

Dr_Doom Avatar

Chips:
I did not see this movie, but the encroachment of MMA into media should be overly apparent by now. Look at the tagline.

http://extraimago.com/image/c39

Post #3142   7/10/15 9:41:27PM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,932-1,809
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Watched "Spy" with McCarthy and Statham. Not normally a movie I would catch as I didn't enjoy the last 2 McCarthy had been in, but tried it out on a friends recommendation and was pleasantly surprised. Some painfully awkward moments, but plenty of good laughs as well. Statham as an idiot parody of himself really sold me on the movie.

Post #3143   7/11/15 12:16:36AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:
Also saw the new Terminator at the theater last weekend. Fits in well with the first three movies, so if you're a fan it's a must watch. If you're not a fan it's probably worth a 4 of 10 rating. I rate a Terminator movie by adding 1% each time Arnold smashes someone through or gets smashed through something. This sequel got 314%...

Last edited 7/11/15 12:22AM server time by jbmoviefan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3144   7/11/15 12:20:45AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:
An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi Story

Pretty solid documentary. It's on Netflix.

Post #3145   7/18/15 4:33:06PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,516-1,594
Chips:
Train Wreck: Hilarious. The large role played by Lebron is excellent as well. This could be the first romcom I actually enjoyed. Dirty as sin, however, so don't bring your kids/parents.

John Wick: Again, better not to include kids and possibly parents. Ultra bad ass. The fight scenes were great and it's one of the only movies where essentially every kill is a blatant head shot. All for killing a dog Keanu had for like a week.

Ex Machina: Freaky in every sense of the word (yes, sometimes synonymous with kinky). It was decent, quite suspensful with some interesting turns but not anything incredible. Sadly, it reminded me of a really shitty movie called "Automata".

Post #3146   7/28/15 7:34:46AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,254
Chips:
Finally caught Fox Catcher. Really didn't like it. I think Carrel did amazing playing a creepy millionaire, and made the same kind of uncomfortable scenes he was able to do in The Office, but as a movie I thought it was fairly weak.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #3147   7/28/15 12:05:34PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,221-3,420
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Saw train wreck

It was good. Hilarious.

Saw pixels.

I actually enjoyed that too.
Only person that looked out of place is Adam Sandler

Post #3148   7/29/15 12:26:50AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:
Most recent watches:

Big Game - Sam Jackson as the president, gets shot down in air force 1 over Norway. Then the kid from Rare Exports (great foreign off beat horror /comedy if you havent seen it), has to help him escape from terrorists.

The movie was totally an 80s homage fick, taking the playbook from Die Hard, ET, and Indian Jones, and rolling them all in to one. Worth the time if you want that nostalgic feeling.

Sting - Giant mutant wasps, don't think I need to say any more.

Burying the Ex - I always appreciate the horror/comedy genre, and this one didn't disappoint. Both the female leads were way to hot for the main guy, but that's why it's a movie I guess.

Jokesters - This was a terrible movie. I watched it because my wife loves B horror, and found footage movies, but this one wasn't worth the time.

Hot Pursuit - Had more laughs than I expected, but not something I'd recommend.

Post #3149   8/4/15 12:24:26PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,516-1,594
Chips:
The interview: Pretty damned funny, about what you would expect.

Dracula Untold: Some pretty solid violence and absurdity

Wet Hot American Summer: If you enjoyed this movie there is now a show on netflix starring all of the original cast from 15 years ago. Pretty funny that some of them look terrible but Bradly Cooper and Paul Rudd look better than when the original movie came out.

Post #3150   8/5/15 7:37:35AM   

Page 210 of 221   <<   207     208     209     210     211     212     213   >>