Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Urijah Faber Feels He Earned The Win At UFC 132

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The fight was everything you could want from a championship bout, both men came to throw down, never gave up ground and never let the other hold much of an appreciable lead for long. It was thrilling and they were both rightly awarded the Fight of the Night bonus, but, though he has a fatter wallet and plenty to be proud of, Faber still believes his name should have been read the victor when the judges rendered their decision.

LINK

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   7/3/11 11:06:41PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:704-370
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sorry Faber u Lost!! I had it 49- 46 Cruz

Post #2   7/3/11 11:40:30PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I wish somone would headkick Cruz when he does his ducking head thing.

Post #3   7/3/11 11:46:02PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,508-2,651
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Faber is just butt hurt after the loss. There is no way he won that fight, and honestly I don't want to see Cruz vs. Faber 3 anytime soon. A lot of MMA personalities are saying that that Cruz and Faber needs to happen again straight away, but I disagree.

Post #4   7/4/11 12:20:14AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
Yeah the 48-47 on one scorecard seemed a little generous, not bad by any means, I'm sure a lot of people scored it that way, but a little generous. I had it 50-46.

I'm sure if I was Faber though I'm thinking of fighting not scoring the fight in my head so it makes sense for him to think he might have won. Getting outstruck almost 2 to 1 and taken down 4 to 1 isn't a recipe for a win though. The killer instinct was missing for him.

Post #5   7/4/11 12:58:32AM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
I kind of fet like it was a draw

Post #6   7/4/11 1:52:22AM   

Playground_Samurai

Spock>Every Superhero Ever

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,582-1,393
Chips:
I personally think the fight was a little closer than some are saying, but I do feel the judges picked the right guy in the end. Faber definately did better than anyone else has thus far into Cruz's run at 135.

At this point, I feel it's fair if Faber gets another shot. Cruz got a chance to redeem his loss, now a rubber match will settle this one once and for all. Although the fight wasn't the most exciting one i've ever seen, it also wasn't the worst. I'm not opposed to one last go round. Besides that, Mighty Mouse injured his leg and Bowles broke his hand again so both of those guys are probably on the shelf for a bit.

Post #7   7/4/11 2:05:10AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I thought it was pretty close to being a shutout, so I'm not really sure where Faber is coming from. I think he needs to be honest with himself. He really just never pushed the pace, and certainly didn't leave it all out in the ring. I think he really has to review the tape, and I think he'll be pretty dissapointed in his performance.

There was a lot of action going on, but I have to say..to me it wasn't a very exciting bout. I didn't feel like either guy was going for the finish..rather they were just trying to rack up points. I could tell by the end of the first that it was going to a decision...which just isn't really that exciting.

Post #8   7/4/11 2:48:24AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gspfan

At this point, I feel it's fair if Faber gets another shot. Cruz got a chance to redeem his loss, now a rubber match will settle this one once and for all.

Though Bowles who is the one who actually lost the title to Cruz hasn't had a chance to redeem his loss.

Faber only needed to beat Pulver to get a rematch with Mike Thomas Brown and after that loss only needed to beat Assuncao to to earn a title fight with Jose Aldo.

There's really no way that I can see to explain any reason Faber should get another shot before the former champ Bowles. Or even Demetrious for that matter.

EDIT: Also Dana said Bowles didn't break his hand after all. Or at least he said he didn't have to go to the hospital for it which I'm assuming means he didn't break his hand.

Last edited 7/4/11 3:17AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #9   7/4/11 3:12:01AM   

Playground_Samurai

Spock>Every Superhero Ever

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,582-1,393
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by gspfan

At this point, I feel it's fair if Faber gets another shot. Cruz got a chance to redeem his loss, now a rubber match will settle this one once and for all.

Though Bowles who is the one who actually lost the title to Cruz hasn't had a chance to redeem his loss.

Faber only needed to beat Pulver to get a rematch with Mike Thomas Brown and after that loss only needed to beat Assuncao to to earn a title fight with Jose Aldo.

There's really no way that I can see to explain any reason Faber should get another shot before the former champ Bowles. Or even Demetrious for that matter.

EDIT: Also Dana said Bowles didn't break his hand after all. Or at least he said he didn't have to go to the hospital for it which I'm assuming means he didn't break his hand.

Honestly, I don't mind who gets the shot. Bowles is actually my favorite but I think that stylistically, Faber has the best chance out of the 3. Just my opinion. Regardless of who it is, I will not be picking against Cruz.

Post #10   7/4/11 3:37:36AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Honestly, I don't mind who gets the shot. Bowles is actually my favorite but I think that stylistically, Faber has the best chance out of the 3. Just my opinion. Regardless of who it is, I will not be picking against Cruz.

I think Cruz/Aldo would be amazing.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   7/4/11 3:42:46AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
I had it 48-47 Cruz. However, this fight could have been scored a few different ways. I could see giving it to Faber, and while I would disagree with it, I could understand it. Urijah had 3 knockdowns, and unless the opponet also scores a knockdown in that round, or at least a takedown with some control or GNP, the round often goes to the one who got the knockdown. However, with the number of strikes Cruz landed, I think he was able to win back one or two of those rounds.

I could also see giving Cruz more than 3 rounds, simply because Faber got outstruck in practically every round.

In the End, I think the judges got it right. Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, but I think both fighters should win one more fight before that happens

Post #12   7/4/11 11:01:41AM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,047-1,727
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Personally I think Faber fought valiantly and did leave it all in the cage, why else would Faber (who's ALWAYS in good shape) gas out down the stretch ? He deff lost the fight but he was effective enough to keep himself in contention.

I don't think an immediate rematch is the best idea, although if it did happen I wouldn't complain. I think what the UFC should do is match up Cruz vs Johnson. Reasons being that after UFC 132 Cruz's performance proved that he could have an exciting fight for fans to get behind and it shows that the UFC doesn't need to put Faber in there to carry a 135lb fight. Johnson has beaten some real names at 135 in the UFC so he could warrant the title fight with his resume alone. Also another factor that shouldn't be overlooked is that the UFC might give Mighty mouse the shot because even if he loses (Which would be expected) then they already have a fighter at 135 who fought for a major title which would make it easier if he fights for the inaugural flyweight championship belt. Johnson would already have exposure after fighting for the bantamweight title.

While this fight happens the UFC would prob match up Faber vs Bowles for the next title fight after Johnson. This makes sense because you don't wanna give both fighters a shot at Cruz because Cruz has defeated both.

Post #13   7/4/11 1:06:16PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
It was close, but not razor close to where the judges might have it a split dec.

And it was not like a one-sided beatdown.

Post #14   7/4/11 2:39:55PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
i initially gave Faber the win 48-47, but then rethought it and gave Cruz the 48-47 win. there is no way Cruz won all 5 rounds in any context...and 4 is very iffy

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #15   7/4/11 2:54:06PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3