Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vancouver Riots Blamed on UFC, NHL By School Board Chair

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:5,032-3,061
Chips:
In a move that's all too predictable, a Vancouver school board chair named Patti Bacchus has found the time to point the finger at the UFC for their role in the Vancouver riots. The riots started after the Vancouver Canucks lost game seven of the NHL Stanley Cup finals to the Boston Bruins. The following days saw authorities blaming everything from "roving gangs of youths" to "anarchists" all while trying to minimize that it was, more than likely, a stupid mixed group of Canucks fans and people just looking to make trouble.

The most recent attempt to blame the UFC is probably the most absurd, however. Via the Vancouver Courier (by way of Yahoo's Puckdaddy):

"The painted faces and hockey itself-it's aggressive, they celebrate the brawling on ice, it's winning, it's dominance. If kids are all watching a UFC game and cheering someone for bloodying up someone else's face, how big a leap is that from cheering on someone smashing a window? It's very mixed messages we're sending to young people who are still in a stage of developing their impulse control and moral development."

LINK

Post #1   6/21/11 8:56:48PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,373-1,526
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Man, people are stupid. Draw all the parallels you want, it happened after Vancouver lost Game 7 to Boston for the Stanley Cup, in Vancouver. UFC doesn't have a single thing to do with it.

If there is a soccer riot a week after UFC Rio, it will be Zuffa's fault for not paying for the police a week after they leave town.

Post #2   6/21/11 9:02:42PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
lol at the caption on the picture accompanying that article.

Wearing a standard UFC game mask, a rioter looks to break a car window like so many Josh Koscheck orbital sockets.

Post #3   6/21/11 9:16:49PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:
"Standard" UFC game mask? !?!??!?

First of all - That does not exist and no one knows what a, "Standard" UFC game mask is. My UFC game mask must not be regulation.

Second - Whatever the caption is trying to point out overlooks the people wearing hockey jerseys. At least, I am assuming they are hockey jerseys. They don't look like standard UFC game jerseys to me.

Third - That looks like a BMW M5 they are ******* up. That is about as hateful as automotive destruction can get.

This is the Winter Olympics all over again Canada..... And by that I mean the US should have won the Gold in hockey. That's right, I still haven't forget that atrocity!

Last edited 6/21/11 9:26PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: Edited for rage, caps shouting, and general insanity.
2 total post edits

Post #4   6/21/11 9:23:32PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
where can I buy my standard ufc game mask?

Post #5   6/21/11 9:28:40PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
This lady is an ignorant fool. This reminds me of the days when Marilyn Manson got blamed for the Columbine shootings and Blink 182's "Adam's Song" got blamed for a kid committing suicide.

I really have no further comment on this nonsense...

Post #6   6/21/11 9:31:02PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:3,129-1,805
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
this is the dumbest thing i've read all week

everyone was chill after the UFC event, i would know because I was there

i did see jake shields getting MAULED outside the arena though... about 5000 people wanted to shake his hand and take pictures with him... lol he was pretty cool about it though and everyone loved him. he was all smiles

thats about as violent as i saw the UFC fans getting though

this article is a joke

edit: this probably explains the massive riot we had last year too after franklin knocked out chuck lidell. disgusting ignorance at its very best. god i dont even wanna talk about this anymore, her stupidity is making me melt

Last edited 6/21/11 9:47PM server time by kaibathedon
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   6/21/11 9:42:22PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Effing ridiculous

Post #8   6/21/11 10:04:40PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

"Standard" UFC game mask? !?!??!?

First of all - That does not exist and no one knows what a, "Standard" UFC game mask is. My UFC game mask must not be regulation.

Second - Whatever the caption is trying to point out overlooks the people wearing hockey jerseys. At least, I am assuming they are hockey jerseys. They don't look like standard UFC game jerseys to me.

Third - That looks like a BMW M5 they are ******* up. That is about as hateful as automotive destruction can get.

This is the Winter Olympics all over again Canada..... And by that I mean the US should have won the Gold in hockey. That's right, I still haven't forget that atrocity!

I just want to make sure you know that the caption is meant to be sarcastic and was written by Brent Brookhouse I believe, a prominent MMA writer.

He's just making fun at her for mentioning kids going to a UFC game.

I agree about the M5 though, This was before they lit it on fire along with parts of the awning hanging overhead.

Post #9   6/21/11 10:20:18PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
The claim itself is ridiculous enough. What makes me really sad and upset is the fact that someone as mind-blowingly retarded as this woman is part of the Vancouver school board.

What hope do children have when complete imbeciles like this are making decisions regarding their education? This woman is really amazingly stupid.

I am really, truly disturbed by the fact that people as stupid as this have anything to do with anyone's education. It's really sickening. I wrote her a fairly polite email asking her to resign and find a job outside of the field of education. Not like I expect that to actually happen, but I felt really compelled to ask her to resign. No one who is this stupid should have anything close to the word "school" in their job title unless that title is "school janitor".

I actually googled her name and found other open letters calling for her resignation from months before she ever made this comment. Apparently she has a habit of talking all kinds of ridiculous nonsense and using her position as some kind of soap-box off of which to preach her personal morality.

Last edited 6/21/11 10:44PM server time by Aether

Post #10   6/21/11 10:27:52PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

The claim itself is ridiculous enough. What makes me really sad and upset is the fact that someone as mind-blowingly retarded as this woman is part of the Vancouver school board.

What hope do children have when complete imbeciles like this are making decisions regarding their education? This woman is really amazingly stupid.

I am really, truly disturbed by the fact that people as stupid as this have anything to do with anyone's education. It's really sickening. I wrote her a fairly polite email asking her to resign and find a job outside of the field of education. Not like I expect that to actually happen, but I felt really compelled to ask her to resign. No one who is this stupid should have anything close to the word "school" in their job title unless that title is "school janitor".

I actually googled her name and found other open letters calling for her resignation from months before she ever made this comment. Apparently she has a habit of talking all kinds of ridiculous nonsense and using her position as some kind of soap-box off of which to preach her personal morality.

Good research Aether, I can't say I am shocked to hear those reports.

Flashy, I feel you on the emphasis. I thought someone actually said that.... UFC ain't no game! lol

PS - I really don't hold a grudge against Canada, lol. Not to say I'm not pissed about that gold! Hahaha. Everyone I've met from Canada is awesome. Partied with a ton of Canadians here in the states. And Trailer Park Boys is awesome, lol.

Post #11   6/21/11 11:10:59PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Aether

Good research Aether, I can't say I am shocked to hear those reports.

Flashy, I feel you on the emphasis. I thought someone actually said that.... UFC ain't no game! lol

PS - I really don't hold a grudge against Canada, lol. Not to say I'm not pissed about that gold! Hahaha. Everyone I've met from Canada is awesome. Partied with a ton of Canadians here in the states. And Trailer Park Boys is awesome, lol.

Trailer Park Boys is the $hit hence my user name

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #12   6/21/11 11:16:36PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,342-1,837
Chips:
Let's always blame someone or something else. Gotta love ignorance.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #13   6/21/11 11:20:54PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles
Trailer Park Boys is the $hit hence my user name

Hell yes Bubbles, I knew it! I would prop you twice if I could!

Same to you KOPower. Good post.

Edit: Past my limit for the day, or else I would've at least doled out one a piece!

Last edited 6/21/11 11:26PM server time by pmoney

Post #14   6/21/11 11:24:22PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,075-3,349
Chips:
The stupidest thing I have heard all year

There are plenty of cities that want the ufc to show there fights
Get rid of vancouver and go somewhere else like toronto in canada