Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 130 winner Brian Stann on two-year title plan, boss predicts superstardom

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,096-2,919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If you're looking to notch a victory over fast-rising UFC middleweight contender Brian Stann (11-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC), you might be best served by acting quickly.

After blasting former Sengoku champion Jorge Santiago at this past weekend's UFC 130 event, Stann said he's still two years away from finding his peak form. And when he does, UFC president Dana White predicts certain superstardom.

LINK

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   6/1/11 6:45:23PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,068-1,299
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Stann looked night and day from his WEC days as a Light Heavyweight. I like this guy a lot. War hero, seems to be a stand up guy (haha! See what I did there?), and his skills have gotten much, much better.

Jackson MMA is still arguably one of the best camps out there, chock full of talent. It looks like Stann's time there has served him well so far. Will he be able to beat Anderson Silva? Well, let's just say it's a good thing he knows he needs a couple more years training before he goes down that road.

I wish him the best, and the sky really is the limit for him. He has come so far from the guy who lost to Steve Cantwell in the WEC.

Post #2   6/1/11 7:10:20PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
Well said pmoney. I agree. The guy is very likeable, he's talented and he's a war hero for god sakes. I wish the best of luck to him and I'd love to see him contending for the title some day.

Post #3   6/1/11 7:20:10PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Well said pmoney. I agree. The guy is very likeable, he's talented and he's a war hero for god sakes. I wish the best of luck to him and I'd love to see him contending for the title some day.

Yeah, it would be awesome to see him climb the ladder all the way to the top and fight for the title! I gotta say though, I thought you liked my post on the Diaz thread better

Post #4   6/1/11 7:27:15PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:424-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I like Stann. I am a veteran myself and I hate to say this to you guys but I think Stann has a lot of elements to work on before contesting the belt.

IMO, he has average stand up skills. But what makes him dangerous is he can throw bombs.

Keep training, Stann.

Post #5   6/1/11 7:34:44PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Superstardom? Nah....he will struggle with good wrestlers.....Solid UFC Career? I can buy that.

Post #6   6/1/11 7:39:53PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Stann still needs some work though. He just stood and took some shots with Jorge, like trading shot for shot. Although it does work for him.

I wonder who he gets next.I'm guessing him vs Munoz(pending if he beats Maia).

Post #7   6/1/11 8:07:04PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I like Stann. I am a veteran myself and I hate to say this to you guys but I think Stann has a lot of elements to work on before contesting the belt.

IMO, he has average stand up skills. But what makes him dangerous is he can throw bombs.

Keep training, Stann.

KungFuMaster, I am slightly offended. That's the problem with text, there is no inflection or body language to go by, but that seems like a fairly condescending comment.

I am pretty sure everyone here would agree that he needs to train more. But when you think about it, he is still a youngster in his MMA career. He is 5-2 in the UFC already. When he went 2-2 as a LHW, he at least avenged his loss to Cantwell, and took the rubber match between them.

As a Middleweight, he is 3-0. He just took out the Sengoku champ and made him look like a nobody, and Stann destroyed Chris Leben in a fashion that only Anderson Silva had done before. Maybe even worse.

Granted, he is going to get bigger fights against bigger names, and bigger challenges. But he has been taking the tests laid before him and passing them with flying colors. He certainly does need more training, he says so himself and pretty much everyone agrees. I just hope they don't put him in a prospect killing matchup like the UFC stupidly makes now and again.

Anyhow, Stann has already come a long, long way. From his second Cantwell fight to the third, and from that fight to the Leben/Santiago fights.... His progress is fantastic, and I think he will keep getting better.

Post #8   6/1/11 8:25:31PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Budgellism

Yeah, it would be awesome to see him climb the ladder all the way to the top and fight for the title! I gotta say though, I thought you liked my post on the Diaz thread better

Lol, I'll like that post better once gsp destroys Diaz ;)

Post #9   6/1/11 8:35:47PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by KungFuMaster

Keep training, Stann.

KungFuMaster, I am slightly offended. That's the problem with text, there is no inflection or body language to go by, but that seems like a fairly condescending comment.

I am pretty sure everyone here would agree that he needs to train more. But when you think about it, he is still a youngster in his MMA career. He is 5-2 in the UFC already. When he went 2-2 as a LHW, he at least avenged his loss to Cantwell, and took the rubber match between them.

As a Middleweight, he is 3-0. He just took out the Sengoku champ and made him look like a nobody, and Stann destroyed Chris Leben in a fashion that only Anderson Silva had done before. Maybe even worse.

Granted, he is going to get bigger fights against bigger names, and bigger challenges. But he has been taking the tests laid before him and passing them with flying colors. He certainly does need more training, he says so himself and pretty much everyone agrees. I just hope they don't put him in a prospect killing matchup like the UFC stupidly makes now and again.

Anyhow, Stann has already come a long, long way. From his second Cantwell fight to the third, and from that fight to the Leben/Santiago fights.... His progress is fantastic, and I think he will keep getting better.

Well this sums up pretty much everything I was going to say to kungfu`s comment, lol. Get out of my head :P.

Last edited 6/1/11 8:38PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: kungfu*

Post #10   6/1/11 8:38:28PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by KungFuMaster

Keep training, Stann.

Do not be offended, Pmoney.....and I must say, it was very well said.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #11   6/1/11 8:45:24PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism
Well this sums up pretty much everything I was going to say to kungfu`s comment, lol. Get out of my head :P.

You know the old saying! Great minds think alike, except when it comes to GSP-Diaz

Post #12   6/1/11 8:46:01PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
This concept of spreading the love is not working for me, admins and mods. Pmoney touched me with his eloquent speech regarding Stann but because I have already gave him a prop, he will now be prop-less for his beautiful excerpt on Stann which is a shame.

Let us not put a limit to the props. If a member happens to say something as touching as Pmoney just did, I should be able to prop him regardless if I have just prop-ed him an hour ago.

Props to you, Pmoney.

Post #13   6/1/11 8:52:33PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster
Do not be offended, Pmoney.....and I must say, it was very well said.

Ah, I am not really offended. I don't take anything on the internet personally. And like I said, I hate text based communication. You don't get tone of voice or inflection, and no body language to read from. It makes intent harder for myself (and I am sure many others of the human race) harder to decipher.

I like having regular contributors on the forum! You generally bring quality sir. I try to keep it level headed. I will voice my displeasure as quickly as I prop you up

Post #14   6/1/11 9:09:13PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Budgellism

You know the old saying! Great minds think alike, except when it comes to GSP-Diaz

lol, well played.

Post #15   6/1/11 9:22:07PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3