Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor's Camp Offers Fight at 220; Dan Henderson Unconcerned With Weight

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's a fight that Dan Henderson discussed prior to ever signing with Strikeforce, so the promotion's reigning light-heavyweight champion would gladly temporarily move up a division to accept a match with Russian legend Fedor Emelianenko.

Henderson's manager Aaron Crecy told MMA Fighting that while the fighter has yet to receive an offer for the bout, Strikeforce did ask for confirmation he would take the fight before beginning talks with Emelianenko's M-1 team. Those discussions remain ongoing, but as far as Henderson's concerned, he'll take the fight at any weight class.

"Dan has indicated he'd love to have the fight and he hasn't shied away from that," Crecy said. "He'd love to have the fight, and have it at heavyweight. He's happy to challenge Fedor there."

LINK

Post #1   4/13/11 9:13:47AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,757-1,800
Camp: Alpha Mafia
Chips:
this would actually be a hendo fight i would very much look forward to

Post #2   4/13/11 10:11:34AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 43-10

sparky Avatar

Career:5,444-3,066
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
220 is stupid im not a fan of the catch weight fights, whats the point in weight classes then.

Post #3   4/13/11 11:58:42AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:923-654
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Hendo is the tuf 'est fighter, Edgar is tough too, but fighting Fedor at any weight is impressive, Hendo always wants to fight the best...

What Fedor will show up, the unbeatable GOAT of the sport, or the guy whos too small for HW, and has allowed the game to pass him by.

It will be interesting how the bandwagon fills up for the winner. Some will say they are both past there prime, others will say the winner is back.

I think Fedor needs to reinvent his game, and add more tools, and get in great shape with a 6 pack etc, but I alos think Fedors losses were mistakes. The mistake of jumping in the most dangerous guard, and vs Bigfoot Fedor got taken down in 2nd so quickly because he looped that punch, and was too tired to sprawl or get up, similiar to BJ -Fitch, were Bj was winning the until he gassed against a bigger man, who was strong on top.

Bigfoots head is big and therefore harder to ko Antonio Silva than other HW'S. however Kyle almost put Bigfoots lights out, so maybe Fedor just wasnt landing clean. I think Fedor and Hendo are evenly matched , Fedor has more power, and Hendo has better clinch. Fedor has the subs, and Hendo has gnp

If Hendo adds takedowns and GNP like he did fighting Fejao, he will win a UD or get a ko- if its a 5 rounder.
If Hendo fights below his ability like he did imo fighting Anderson, he will get sub'd i think Hendo has too good of a chin, but he could be stopped by tko instead of ko

Last edited 4/13/11 12:32PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   4/13/11 12:24:27PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,986-3,307
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
So hendo who should be at 185 now will fight at 220
35 pounds over while fedor may lose 5 pounds
What crap!!
Make it 210 catch weight make fedor cut!!

Post #5   4/13/11 12:29:32PM