Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cain Velasquez will lose 2 Shane Carwin

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

@FightOnTwist

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by billfold9

if this fight ever happens, i just dont c how cain could win. he wont be able to take shane down, carwin is to much bigger and stronger. if they get in the clinch, carwin will do what he did 2 frank mir. so cain will have 2 stand and trade with shane, and shane will murder cain standing up.his only hope would be to hope shane gases out like he did with lesnar, but that wont happen because shane will improve his cardio and not be stupid like that again. so Shane Carwin wins by a easy 1st round KO/TKO

It will be at least 2-3 more fights before Carwin earns another shot. Cain and his skill set only gets better each time he fights, and think about the time he has to train until then. He will be a monster by that time, the kid is only 28.

Fixed

Post #16   10/24/10 9:55:35PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:6,456-4,320
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by billfold9

k ill rub it in ur face when it happens.cause u guys are dumb enough to think cain will win. Carwin would kill my boy brock in a rematch just like he will kill cain. now that he improved his cardio, i only c fedor being able to beat Carwin. but he needs to hurry up and get another title shot because he is getting older.

Statements like the ones you've made here are of Sherdog quality and you sir have earned a little green one as a reward!

Post #17   10/24/10 10:45:45PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
Carwin is extremely dangerous, but only for a few minutes. He's too muscled for his lungs to supply enough oxygen. I think he would have a good chance to win in the first round, but if he didn't manage to do it he would surely lose. Cain is a lot faster, has way better standup, and he would only have to keep moving for a few minutes to wear Carwin down.

Post #18   10/24/10 10:50:22PM   

billfold9

MMA Regular

billfold9 Avatar

Career:1,328-957
Chips:
Carwin was never tested on sports science. if he was. he would easily beat cains record.cain has better stand up??? ya tht y he had to take kongo down to win tht fight. or else he would of got KOed.and Carwin would run over kongo. but in about 9 months ill b saying i told u so :)

Post #19   10/25/10 1:32:16AM   

billfold9

MMA Regular

billfold9 Avatar

Career:1,328-957
Chips:
anyways, i made this post to get ur predictions on this fight. not 4 u to write how much u disagree with some of the things i wrote. so knockoff the Billfold hateing and give me ur damn predictions.

Post #20   10/25/10 1:40:42AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

@FightOnTwist

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by billfold9

anyways, i made this post to get ur predictions on this fight. not 4 u to write how much u disagree with some of the things i wrote. so knockoff the Billfold hateing and give me ur damn predictions.

When you title a post as a matter of fact statement i.e. "Cain Velasquez will lose 2 Shane Carwin" you're going to get people who disagree with you. It's not hating, despite what you may think. It's people challenging you posting your opinion as fact.

You haven't backed up much of what you've said with any sort of explanation. Not that you necessarily have to for me, as I don't particularly care. When you make blanket statements such as "they never tested Carwin on sports science or he would have beaten Cain easily" that's an opinion that you cannot substantiate with any sort of factual evidence other than Carwin actually appearing on the show and taking the test.

I think we have all pretty much made our opinions/predictions about this fight perfectly clear. Most of us believe that Carwin could win this fight via a KO at some point in the first round, but the most likely scenario is that he loses to Velasquez in a convincing fashion.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I won't particularly care if you think "rubbing it in" in nine months will affect me in the slightest as the only way I see Carwin winning this fight has been outlined for you and I'll more than likely just reply with "you didn't tell me anything."

Food for thought as well, if you don't want people to disagree with you, I'd highly suggest keeping your opinions to yourself. It doesn't matter what you do in life there's someone out there who is going to disagree with you regarding sporting competition. You can state all the reasons in the world as to why you think you're right, but they will inevitably argue back.

Post #21   10/25/10 2:12:43AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:2,212-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
...and Shane Carwin will lose to Junior Dos Santos if they fight.

Styles make match-ups, so there is a little pebble of wisdom in the OP even if the poster cant make sense of it himself.

Post #22   10/25/10 2:16:29AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by billfold9

his speed wont matter,cain will get clocked out if he trys to trade with Shane. Mir has faster hands then shane and he got clocked out. ill avatar bet u if this fight ever happens.

Posted by billfold9

lesnar was dazed and gassed when cain took him down. lesnar could not take carwin down till he burnt himself out. carwin wont burn himself out like that anymore. but cain has to beat JDS 1st but im hopeing JDS wins. because JDS vs Carwin would be the best stand up fight in history.

Posted by billfold9

if this fight ever happens, i just dont c how cain could win. he wont be able to take shane down, carwin is to much bigger and stronger. if they get in the clinch, carwin will do what he did 2 frank mir. so cain will have 2 stand and trade with shane, and shane will murder cain standing up.his only hope would be to hope shane gases out like he did with lesnar, but that wont happen because shane will improve his cardio and not be stupid like that again. so Shane Carwin wins by a easy 1st round KO/TKO

I think you're delusional.

Posted by billfold9

k ill rub it in ur face when it happens.cause u guys are dumb enough to think cain will win. Carwin would kill my boy brock in a rematch just like he will kill cain. now that he improved his cardio, i only c fedor being able to beat Carwin. but he needs to hurry up and get another title shot because he is getting older.

Also unsportsmanlike.

Edit: Nice UFC 121 main event pick.

Last edited 10/25/10 3:18AM server time by TimW001
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   10/25/10 3:17:47AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:

Posted by billfold9

Carwin was never tested on sports science. if he was. he would easily beat cains record.cain has better stand up??? ya tht y he had to take kongo down to win tht fight. or else he would of got KOed.and Carwin would run over kongo. but in about 9 months ill b saying i told u so :)

Kongo is a kickboxer and Carwin is a wrestler, how does Cain having to take a kickboxer to the ground to beat him indicate that Carwin's standup is better than Cain's? Carwin might blow through Kongo, but he would probably do it with his wrestling.

Post #24   10/25/10 3:21:02AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
Come on Dude your fav fighter is listed as Brock. You picked Brock to beat Cain in the 2nd round by tko. Its ok to be wrong and let it pass we all have. Carwin has to beat Roy Nelson and probably someone else before he even gets a shot at the title. Cain will have to beat JDS and maybe defend again before that could all happen so this fight you’re arguing might not even happen. Lets let Cain shine a few days.

Post #25   10/25/10 7:59:49AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
billfold9 - this is your LAST warning to stop trolling. You've been warned in this past for it (amongst other things). Knock it off you're done.

Thread locked.

Post #26   10/25/10 8:59:18AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2