Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chael Sonnen Is Now A Standup Comedian

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
He's at it again today with the 117 trash talk:

"I'm here because I beat up everybody who got in my way. I beat every champion there's ever been except one and I've stuck my finger in his chest for four years and he wouldn't fight me. He fought a one-legged Canadian, a math teacher from Ohio and a bunch of guys who weren't even good enough to hold their spot in the company. His running is done, his 15 minutes of fame are up and I'm gonna bring it to an abrupt halt. Anderson Silva's hurt a lot of people. A couple of those guys are my friends -- and I don't have a lot of friends. That bothers me a lot. It's a payback thing, absolutely. Let's get rid of this guy. Anderson Silva's really the nuisance, he's truly the problem, we've all had it with him. There's one guy that wants to fight him and there's one guy with the skills to beat him."

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/12/1565773/chael-sonnen-weve-all-had-it-with

Post #1   7/12/10 2:30:00PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
Ok...when sonnen beat marquart he started talking about silva. It was entertaining at first, but now it's just getting annoying ESPECIALLY since he's gonna lose.

DOn't get me wrong, sonnen can probably take silva down, but sonnen has been tapped 6 or 7 times, all with submissions obtainable from the guard (Armbar, Triangle, Guillotine). We don't see it much, but silva has a great guard, and if he's doesn't knock sonnen out, I see him submitting him since sonnen's game plan has to be lay on silva from his guard.

With that said, he should probably stop talking and start working submission defense, guard passing, and striking since he is well below average at all 3.

Last edited 7/12/10 3:05PM server time by ChokeUout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   7/12/10 2:45:12PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:4,544-2,777
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I like how Chael is selling this fight like "Im not going to tolerate him doing nothing!" What happened when Filho did the same vs Chael in their second fight? That was one of the strangest fights Ive ever seen. I like Chael but I think Anderson subs him in the first with a triangle. Also, whats this of Chael saying he's never lost at 185? Did he fight Maia at 205 or is he forgetting something?

Post #3   7/12/10 3:35:34PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,342-1,837
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I like how Chael is selling this fight like "Im not going to tolerate him doing nothing!" What happened when Filho did the same vs Chael in their second fight? That was one of the strangest fights Ive ever seen. I like Chael but I think Anderson subs him in the first with a triangle. Also, whats this of Chael saying he's never lost at 185? Did he fight Maia at 205 or is he forgetting something?

I was thinking Silva via triangle myself.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   7/12/10 4:22:18PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

He's forgetting something. . . probably because it happened so fast. 2:37 in Round 1.

Post #5   7/12/10 4:27:03PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
I hope Silva talks so much crap after Sonnen takes his asswhoopin. And then loses to Shields or whoever next.

Post #6   7/12/10 7:51:45PM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I pray to the MMA Gods that Sonnen is able to pull this one out of his ass.

Post #7   7/12/10 8:21:28PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
The biggest laugh will be when Sonnen is KO'd

Post #8   7/12/10 9:14:32PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
the biggest laugh will be when sonnen retires silva mwAhAhAhAhA!

Post #9   7/13/10 6:19:34AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

The biggest laugh will be when Sonnen is KO'd

I disagree. If we're speaking hypothetically, the biggest laugh would come if Sonnen were to somehow beat Anderson and the eventual flip-flopping that 90% of the people here would do.

"I knew Chael would win!"
"I called it! I always said it would take a wrestler to beat Silva!"
"Silva is overrated. GSP would smash him!"

By no means do I believe this will happen, but I reeeeeeally hope it does just so people loosen the grip they have on his nuts before they fall off.

Last edited 7/13/10 9:18AM server time by emfleek

Post #10   7/13/10 9:16:19AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Silva speaks back via the TATAME:

"Chael, as a fighter, is a good politician. He thinks he knows something, but on the day of the fight, when we are all alone in there, he’ll have his chance. Once again, he’s saying crap. What he’s saying is disrespecting me, he’s disrespecting me and all opponents I’ve faced. Dan Henderson, in my opinion, is the best wrestler that there is out there on MMA ... I’ll keep doing my job the same way I’ve always done. I’ll do a good fight, as I always do, I’ll try to show my technical superiority."

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/13/1567112/anderson-silva-a-disrespectful

Post #11   7/13/10 9:45:39AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

What he’s saying is disrespecting me, he’s disrespecting me and all opponents I’ve faced.

Sorry, Spidey...but after that pathetic display of sportsmanship against Maia, you have absolutely no right to talk about being disrespected.

Post #12   7/13/10 9:49:00AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,462-806
Chips:
Chael is just trying to sale a fight that his chance's of winning are very slim. But Chael has said somethings that are just way over the top and down right insulting to not only fighters Anderson has faced but also a hole race of people. I don't have much respect for Chael or his mentor Matt Lindland. I think both of them are dirty and their actions and words show just that. Now don't get me wrong Silva was very disrespectful in his last fight to not only Maia but also his fans, but I feel it doesn't even come close to some of things Chael and Matt have done and said.

Last edited 7/13/10 5:00PM server time by telnights
2 total post edits

Post #13   7/13/10 4:58:26PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
Come on, Chael Sonnen is quite obviously selling the fight, and doing an amazing job at that, win or lose, he's already made a name for himself and thats exactly what he set out to do, anybody who thinks he is being serious with some of the ludicrous comments he's made seriously needs to give their head a shake.

Oh........and get off Silvas testicular dufflebag

Atleast he's actually funny about it, unlike Tito, Sonnen is a much better trash talker

Last edited 7/13/10 5:52PM server time by BeeR

Post #14   7/13/10 5:51:47PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
Can you imagine if sonnen wins? i will laugh so friggin hard. Chael is in a position where if he wins he looks awesome and if he loses it looks like Silva is fighting yet another can. I'm rooting for Sonnen. Whether he wins or loses Silva loses credibility.

Post #15   7/14/10 7:59:37PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2