Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

USADA Calls NSAC Drug Testing Procedures "Inadequate", Recommends Tougher Stance

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
This past week, the Nevada State Athletic Commission invited a panel of experts to speak at the commission's monthly meeting in an effort to gain a better understanding of what can and should be done to prevent athletes from gaining an unfair advantage through the use of performance enhancing drugs. While the range of opinions varied widely in some aspects, almost everyone agreed on one thing. The NSAC (and consequently, commissions around the nation) needs to do a better job. "You can do better," U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart said. "You can do a lot better. I ask you to do better on behalf of clean athletes.
"When I've got athletes coming to me to put a program in because they don't think yours is adequate, that's not good for our athletes. We need better."

Article

Post #1   6/14/10 7:58:57AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:923-654
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
A few months ago , I asked about HGH testing. The concensus on here than was that no test could trace hgh. Recently when Kos started the GSP talk of "hearsay" and hgh, I heard the blood test the olympics uses tests for roids and hgh. I would rather them test 4 it now and clean out the sports cheaters before the sport gets bigger, and suffers from a roid test in the media spotlight. Roids is cheating, and I overlook the guys who were caught doing roids (cuz they help cheat unlike drugs) buys who shouldnt be ranked without an asterix. 2 examples are Barnett and Sherk who I overlook cuz their positive test. Now Ken Shammy admitted to recent usage, and it makes me wonder if the UFC or SF ever covered up roids. Pride didnt care, and wwe, baseball and many other sports are leniant on roid rules in past history. Congress had to get uinvolved and not a lot changed imo

Post #2   6/14/10 8:36:15AM