Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

EXCLUSIVE - Bisping: “I wouldn’t let Maia do any of that pulling guard bullshit with me”

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Rampage200

MMA Regular

Career:-
Chips:
UK middleweight contender, Michael “The Count” Bisping has warned talented Brazilian Demian Maia if their paths were to cross in the future, he wouldn’t allow him to pull guard on him like he has done with past opponents and that he’d knock him out first.

Continued...

Post #1   12/19/08 3:45:48AM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,207-662
Chips:
I got my money on Maia tapping him out in the first round.

Post #2   12/19/08 3:58:23AM   

ufc88

Standup Guy

ufc88 Avatar

Career:1,156-666
Camp: UFC Pool 2010
Chips:
yeah i like bisping but maia would take him out, bisping doesnt have the power to end it in 1 shot

Post #3   12/19/08 4:25:00AM   

MikeyG

Standup Guy

MikeyG Avatar

Career:223-140
Chips:
there ya go mikey b. makin' more friends with words

Post #4   12/19/08 4:55:52AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:3,868-2,360
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Knock him out first ? Like he doess he does with so many other opponents ?

I hate when Bisping talks BS like this, probably why so many people don't like him.

He should show some respect to a fighter as dangerous as Maia

Post #5   12/19/08 6:29:08AM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
He's right he wouldn't let Maia pull guard. That's because Maia would do what he wants with Bisping. Maia by 2nd round sub but some how the judges pick Bisping to win and the ruling stands......

Post #6   12/19/08 7:29:47AM   

4u2nv

Standup Guy

4u2nv Avatar

Career:705-497
Chips:
I hate it when he starts talking smack... oh well i guess its the game they play mentally. Maybe he has to believe in everything he says so he can stay sharp and not stress. Its true he wouldn't be able to pull guard but i can see him scoring a judo toss in the 3rd round and quickly to side control and then arm choke Bisping UK as$ out.

Post #7   12/19/08 9:03:33AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
Personally i think bispings ground game is very underated...i think he's savvy enough to stay out of submissions and impose his will, most likely on the feet..he wont tap miaea of course but i think his got enough skill to stay out of letting demian play his game....if they fought i think it would go to decision in favor of bisping...as far as the comment goes tho, who cares? Let fighters talk, watch them back it up or not when the time comes

Post #8   12/19/08 9:36:12AM   

Chieftan1997

MMA Regular

Chieftan1997 Avatar

Career:3,160-1,916
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Maia rd 1 sub easily. Bisping is way overrated

Post #9   12/19/08 9:40:25AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
bispings ground game may be underappreciated and he very well may be able to stay away from the subs of the vast majority of fighters. maia however is in a different league than pretty much all of the other guys that bisping is likely to run into and has a very good chance of getting tapped if the two should ever meet...

Post #10   12/19/08 9:55:30AM   

The_Italian_Stallion

Standup Guy

The_Italian_Stallion Avatar

Career:588-346
Camp: Ultimate
Chips:
All I know is that Nate Quarry has hands a hundred times more dangerous than Bisping and Bisping isn't know for his wrestling or takedown stoppage.

Put two and two together and I'd say a late first round submission, my guess would be Maia passing guard, getting full mount and into an armbar.

Post #11   12/19/08 10:48:42AM   

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:
Underrated ground game? Not to play on Mccarthy, but he almost submitted Bisping in the first round. Imgaine Maia, he would ******* kill him.

Post #12   12/19/08 10:52:37AM   

AO

MMA Regular

Career:480-289
Chips:

Posted by wiggum

Personally i think bispings ground game is very underated...i think he's savvy enough to stay out of submissions and impose his will, most likely on the feet..he wont tap miaea of course but i think his got enough skill to stay out of letting demian play his game....if they fought i think it would go to decision in favor of bisping...as far as the comment goes tho, who cares? Let fighters talk, watch them back it up or not when the time comes

ok hold on.

You think Michael Bisping has good enough sub defense to stop Maia?

Post #13   12/19/08 11:00:57AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Chips:

Posted by HumanTarget

Underrated ground game? Not to play on Mccarthy, but he almost submitted Bisping in the first round. Imgaine Maia, he would ******* kill him.

first, quarrys stand up is not great at all, very sloppy and technically poor and hes tentative and doesnt come straight foward (unless you include the starnes fight ha)...his power is what gets him by....and his wrestling is not better better than bispings...i like quarry so im not hating and im no bisping lover for starters, but i do call it like i see it......bispings standup is very good, even though he lacks power....he does have takedown defense and scrambling abilities to get back to his feet as shown in the rashad evans fight and even somewhat in the hamill fight, considering how good of wrestlers they are....both of whom are a lot better at takedowns than the bjj minded damian

in regards to underated ground game, he does, plain and simple....granted day and mccarthy among others are not the level of damien, but both are very accomplished on the ground and couldnt do anything...reason being this isnt a bjj match....mccarthy might have got SOMEWHAT close to a submission, but at the end of the day he didnt get it, he didnt even get close...fighters get that close to a submission multiple times in fights, so a missed opportunity doesnt mean a thing

at the end of the day tho this is all mma math, and it makes the head hurt......the ole addege of styles make fights....bispings style is not a good one for damian, he's too relentless and applies too much pressure for damians style.....i do agree that damian is dangerous and could catch bisping, im not saying that bisping could walk thru him...but i think bisping wins 7 times out of 10 at this point in there careers

Post #14   12/19/08 12:19:32PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AO

Posted by wiggum

ok hold on.

You think Michael Bisping has good enough sub defense to stop Maia?

yes, yes i do

like in my above post, im not saying that maia couldnt catch bisping, or that bisping would walk thru him...but i think the majority of the time, bisping beats maia.....this isnt a bjj match, and bisping isnt ed herman or even jason mcdonald for that matter.....like i said, im not a bisping lover, but he is a legit up and coming contender and at this point in his career and thats that....maia's bjj skills in mma wont carry him past a guy like bisping.....maybe in the future if he keeps trainging to improve his all around game.. but right now, i see bisping winning 7 times out of 10

Post #15   12/19/08 12:23:44PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2