Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: UFC to Portland on Nov. 15, Las Vegas on Jan. 31

Print  
Posted By Message

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
The UFC will, in fact, head to Portland, Ore., for a UFC 91 event on Nov. 15, and UFC President Dana White also confirmed the organization's traditional SuperBowl weekend card will take place on Jan. 31 in Las Vegas.

As reported earlier this week, the UFC had been in talks with the Oregon State Athletic Commission to host an event at Portland's Rose Garden Arena. It'll be the UFC's first event in the state.

White confirmed that the upcoming event will feature a lightweight bout between contender Kenny Florian and Joe Stevenson. He also gave an update on Wanderlei Silva.

Although Silva previously stated that he expected to return at the organization's year-end Dec. 27 card, White said the booking isn't a done deal and that he's "thinking [Silva's] not going to be on that (card) at this point."

LINK

Post #1   8/21/08 3:19:14PM   

NWninja

Learning to Sprawl

NWninja Avatar

Career:279-161
Chips:
this is awesome. i will definitely be there. im not to hyped about the florian stevenson fight (i see this being pretty one-sided) so i hope they add some good ones

Post #2   8/21/08 5:25:13PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,221-3,420
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i am glad that big decision a month ago whether to go to portlnad in nov or chicago in oct payed off
looks like the card won't be good in nov
with the possibility of a wandy vs rampage match now probably moved to dec
i am dying to see what main event will be
lets hope not for the fans or portland it is ken flo vs daddy

Post #3   8/21/08 5:57:06PM