Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sherk still considering action against California

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
The ongoing battle between former UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk and the state of California may not be down for the count just yet as the Minnesota native confirmed his focus for now is on B.J. Penn, but he may revisit legal action at some point down the road.

“Right now, basically, I was cleared to fight, had a date in mind, had a goal in mind and so I just wanted to first off get this fight out of the way and get my career back on track,” said Sherk during a recent appearance on MMAWeekly Radio. “And there’s no statute of limitations as far as how long I have to do this thing by, so I’m still talking to my lawyer. We’re still working some stuff out, and after this fight, maybe that’s something that we can go back to.”

Link

Last edited 5/16/08 8:04AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   5/16/08 8:01:08AM   

ufc88

Standup Guy

ufc88 Avatar

Career:1,156-666
Camp: UFC Pool 2010
Chips:
all i know is that if I were in his shoes and i was allegedly falsely accused of taking steroids which is highly frowned upon in the sport in which my title was stripped and i was kept from doing what i love to do without a doubt i would take action
so if Sherk really didnt take nandrolone which only he knows, he should 10000% take action

Post #2   5/16/08 8:41:42AM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:
And my poo smells like roses, who wants a whiff. Do you guys know what liers do? They lie. Shrek is so full of it, he ain't suing nobody. Well maybe the guy who told him he would pee clean.

Post #3   5/16/08 10:56:09AM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:7,263-4,368
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Sherk should take action against them.

Post #4   5/16/08 12:02:26PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by tepid55

Sherk should take action against them.

For what? Catching him for taking steroids?

Post #5   5/16/08 2:04:16PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Give it up Sherk....When have you ever heard of anyone else testing posative and tried to blame it on a bad batch of suppliments, besides maybe Baroni which is obvious that he has used steroids.......I call BS Sherk.......

Post #6   5/16/08 4:01:09PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
He can't take action against them for catching him roiding. All they have to do is present his test as evidence and it's a done deal.

Post #7   5/16/08 5:32:23PM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:
many a guilty ppl passed the lie detector, thank goodness for forensics

Post #8   5/16/08 7:10:52PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

He can't take action against them for catching him roiding. All they have to do is present his test as evidence and it's a done deal.

Yea you laugh like it is so obvious but a positive test does not always mean that you did it. Apparently you didn't realize he's going to try to show another reason for a positive, therefore making it a false positive. It's along the lines of eating too many poppy seeds can make you test positive for opium. Positive tests are not 100% accurate just like lie detector tests rely on the skill of the interrogator and not the test itself, it can be very inaccurate. People need to stop assuming guilt.

Unlike Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens, who have many conflicting stories or things they take that they "don't know about", Sherk has been very straight up about this from the beginning.

Post #9   5/16/08 7:19:29PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by JimiMak

Yea you laugh like it is so obvious but a positive test does not always mean that you did it. Apparently you didn't realize he's going to try to show another reason for a positive, therefore making it a false positive. It's along the lines of eating too many poppy seeds can make you test positive for opium. Positive tests are not 100% accurate just like lie detector tests rely on the skill of the interrogator and not the test itself, it can be very inaccurate. People need to stop assuming guilt.

Unlike Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens, who have many conflicting stories or things they take that they "don't know about", Sherk has been very straight up about this from the beginning.

Nothing is being assumed. He presented his evidence. He was found guilty. We need no longer use the word alleged. Sherk has not been straight up at all, or at least that is up to who believes him or not, He's just been very vocal. Being loud doesn't take away his pos test. I realize they aren't 100%, but they are extremely accurate. Not at all like lie detectors. It's either in your system or it isn't, and it was.

It is laughable. He has absolutely nothing actionable. Oh and the poppy seed thing is an urban legend. The amount of seeds you'd have to eat is astronomical.

Post #10   5/16/08 7:47:27PM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by JimiMak

So you say he was eating legal supplements and they added up to a positive test for roids? That sounds like doing roids buddy.

Ignorance is not a defence.

So is the poppy seed defense Shrek excuse #76 or 77?

Post #11   5/16/08 11:55:17PM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
How is he going to prove it; go back in time pee again and totaly redeem himself.

Post #12   5/17/08 4:14:56AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,069-653
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Good for Sherk. He should consider action against California. The way his case was handled was very wrong. I think he has a case too.

Post #13   5/17/08 11:31:51AM