Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Milestone Post Thread

Print  
  Page 109 of 110   <<   106     107     108     109     110  
Posted By Message

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I hope there's a secret handshake.

There's definitely a secret handshake.

HINT: It involves my penis.

Post #1621   7/11/15 9:15:17AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:3,116-1,776
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

Just like every other one of Fleek's handshakes, secret or otherwise...

Post #1622   7/11/15 11:41:39AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,329-3,478
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Fight night san diego
Was my 40th live ufc event

Post #1623   7/16/15 1:41:16PM   

Dr_Doom

Standup Guy

Dr_Doom Avatar

Career:235-176
Camp: Super-Villain Team-Up
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Fight night san diego

So, that's like, what.....$20,000? $500/event.

Post #1624   7/16/15 4:29:19PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:1,295-852
Chips:

Posted by Dr_Doom

Fight night san diego

Maybe if you're on the floor every time lol. I went to 175, 182, and 187 all for less than $150 per event and those were expensive shows! I think jjeans got floor seats to last sunday's TUF finale for less than $200 from the official Ticketmaster site as well.

I have a strategy of waiting til fight day to buy tickets from desperate sellers on StubHub. Tried to do it for 189 but that thing sold out even on the third-party sites. So many Irish people in Vegas, holy shit. I saw lots of Canadians in Vegas for Rory & GSP at 167 and lots of Brazilians in Vegas for Vitor at 187... They can't hold a candle to the amount of liquored up Irish I saw last weekend. Was truly insane.

Post #1625   7/16/15 9:15:58PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,376-2,966
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

You told me you lost 4 fingers in a terrible cheese grating accident at CC's place. New rule: the secret handshake is to take place in a well lit area from here on out.

"Don't worry, I just have hairy knuckles."
*shudders*

Next thing you're tell me is you didn't really get a snake bite on your thumb.

Post #1626   7/16/15 9:57:37PM   

Dr_Doom

Standup Guy

Dr_Doom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Dr_Doom

Fight night san diego

Maybe if you're on the floor every time lol. I went to 175, 182, and 187 all for less than $150 per event and those were expensive shows! I think jjeans got floor seats to last sunday's TUF finale for less than $200 from the official Ticketmaster site as well.

I have a strategy of waiting til fight day to buy tickets from desperate sellers on StubHub. Tried to do it for 189 but that thing sold out even on the third-party sites. So many Irish people in Vegas, holy shit. I saw lots of Canadians in Vegas for Rory & GSP at 167 and lots of Brazilians in Vegas for Vitor at 187... They can't hold a candle to the amount of liquored up Irish I saw last weekend. Was truly insane.

Well I'm talking total expenses. Food, tickets, rooms, fuel. I could see maybe $250, but that would be driving a few hours there and then straight back.

Post #1627   7/16/15 10:21:27PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,376-2,966
Chips:
I'm officially 1337

Post #1628   7/18/15 2:35:21PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,167-1,312
Chips:

Posted by Dr_Doom

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Dr_Doom

Fight night san diego

Well I'm talking total expenses. Food, tickets, rooms, fuel. I could see maybe $250, but that would be driving a few hours there and then straight back.

For Vegas cards prices are jacked up higher than anywhere else, usually you're paying over $1000 for floor seats or center riser seats. I know prozac's attended a crap load of Vegas events so I'm sure he's dropped more than $20,000 in his 40 events attended.

I've attended 10 events (6 Vegas events) and I've spent around $25,000 give or take. When you include Flight/Hotel with cost of event tickets it really gets up there, especially when you're getting top price tickets and flying out of Canada. (I'm only including ticket cost and flight/hotel in this price)

I'm guessing prozac's probably at least spent $50,000 on attending events and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot more than that. He also buys his tickets at top price like myself.

Last edited 7/27/15 1:06PM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: quote

Post #1629   7/27/15 1:04:41PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by Dr_Doom

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Dr_Doom

Fight night san diego

For Vegas cards prices are jacked up higher than anywhere else, usually you're paying over $1000 for floor seats or center riser seats. I know prozac's attended a crap load of Vegas events so I'm sure he's dropped more than $20,000 in his 40 events attended.

I've attended 10 events (6 Vegas events) and I've spent around $25,000 give or take. When you include Flight/Hotel with cost of event tickets it really gets up there, especially when you're getting top price tickets and flying out of Canada. (I'm only including ticket cost and flight/hotel in this price)

I'm guessing prozac's probably at least spent $50,000 on attending events and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot more than that. He also buys his tickets at top price like myself.

I added the te total up.
Cause I have all my ticket stubs. Tickets alone was a tad less than 20 thousand.
Just cause I wised up and stopped sitting at 500 dollar seats and went to 350 about 2 years ago.
And anything outside Vegas is a avg of 300 a ticket.

But flight and hotels. You can add another 20 thousand

Yeah. Only positive thing I can say is all those years making bonuses which I call circus money.
Money I wouldn't really have
I would say you could scratch about 10 k easy off 40.

30 thousand.

Add my vacation pay annual sick pay personal pay
2600 a year.
I would day scratch off about another 15 k.

So basically out of week to week pay check the past 8 years I spent like 15 k.

My car is owned. Paid in cash full .

I have no bills. Credit card is at zero.

Bachelor life.
No kids or wife.
I get the talk with every girlfriend i have about the trips and spending. It's a expensive Hobby I admit. But man do I love seeing live fights. Braden knows. He has been to over 10. It's very addicting.

With that being said. When I do have kids and get married. Cause I will some day. The party will be over.
The weird thing is I won't miss going to live events as much as I think I will

Post #1630   7/27/15 1:35:16PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:
Dam didn't realize I hit 15,000 posts a day ago or so

Post #1631   7/27/15 8:28:48PM   

Dr_Doom

Standup Guy

Dr_Doom Avatar

Chips:

Dam didn't realize I hit 15,000 posts a day ago or so

Post #1632   7/31/15 2:51:06PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

I added the te total up.
Cause I have all my ticket stubs. Tickets alone was a tad less than 20 thousand.
Just cause I wised up and stopped sitting at 500 dollar seats and went to 350 about 2 years ago.

Yeah. Only positive thing I can say is all those years making bonuses which I call circus money.

30 thousand.

2600 a year.

Bachelor life.
No kids or wife.
I get the talk with every girlfriend i have about the trips and spending. It's a expensive Hobby I admit. But man do I love seeing live fights. Braden knows. He has been to over 10. It's very addicting.

With that being said. When I do have kids and get married. Cause I will some day. The party will be over.

It definitely is addicting, I thought I was just going to attend an event or two just to say I've been to one, but I got hooked after the first one. I'm not sure how long it'll take for the effect to wear off or if it ever will, but eventually I see myself packing this in as well. I'm starting to get a little more involved in exploring, hiking, nature and all sorts of outdoorsy things (I love the outdoors and nature). I'm seriously starting to consider taking trips to explore different parts of the world and if I do that then it'll likely stop me from attending events since I won't have the money to do both. It'll probably be a few years before I commit to exploring so I could easily get in 10 more by then. I'll be hard pressed to attend 40+ though, unless I stay hooked.

Post #1633   7/31/15 4:08:41PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

I added the te total up.

30 thousand.

2600 a year.

Bachelor life.
No kids or wife.

It definitely is addicting, I thought I was just going to attend an event or two just to say I've been to one, but I got hooked after the first one. I'm not sure how long it'll take for the effect to wear off or if it ever will, but eventually I see myself packing this in as well. I'm starting to get a little more involved in exploring, hiking, nature and all sorts of outdoorsy things (I love the outdoors and nature). I'm seriously starting to consider taking trips to explore different parts of the world and if I do that then it'll likely stop me from attending events since I won't have the money to do both. It'll probably be a few years before I commit to exploring so I could easily get in 10 more by then. I'll be hard pressed to attend 40+ though, unless I stay hooked.

I don't see myself going to 80 in my lifetime.

I love going. But need to settle down and start taking trios that aren't ufc related.
I may be getting married next year. Who knows.
Reason why I cancelled 191 trip. Just when they are grouped up like 2 or 3 in a span of two months. The thrill is r as great anymore. 189 was good. But come fight night san diego I honestly didn't give a shit.
I may cut back next year go to 4 events instead of avg of 6.
I've already gone to 5 this year so far

Post #1634   8/2/15 1:37:00PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

I added the te total up.

30 thousand.

2600 a year.

Bachelor life.
No kids or wife.

I don't see myself going to 80 in my lifetime.

I love going. But need to settle down and start taking trios that aren't ufc related.
I may be getting married next year. Who knows.
Reason why I cancelled 191 trip. Just when they are grouped up like 2 or 3 in a span of two months. The thrill is r as great anymore. 189 was good. But come fight night san diego I honestly didn't give a shit.
I may cut back next year go to 4 events instead of avg of 6.
I've already gone to 5 this year so far

Right now I average about 4 events a year and have enjoyed every one. In a couple of years I'll be forced to really slow down or stop attending events for awhile since I'll have to either undergo surgery or move to a different country to look for a type of healthcare that can help. Either option will put a hold on me attending events for awhile and depending on what I do afterwards in life will depend on if I even want to attend events again or if I want to put my money towards something else. For now, attending all these UFC events have helped me keep going and making it through this long period of waiting. Once I look back on that chapter I can be grateful for this sport and what it's done for me. I've met some great people along the way as well.

Post #1635   8/3/15 1:03:49AM   

Page 109 of 110   <<   106     107     108     109     110