Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage Vs Forrest

Print  
Who will win and how???
Rampage 61 74%
Forrest 21 26%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:406-248
Chips:
This will be great, Plain and simple.
Forrest like's a good bashing and has some room on his face for another scar or two.
I just think there need's to be a bit more buzz about this match-up, It will be great for the sport and if Forrest won, Ching Ching, We got the next poster boy, Which I wanna see.
Forrest will handle Rampage just fine, I don't like going to the past, But Rampage couldn't handle Shogun and he looked so happy when that fight ended. Then forrest come's out and finishes him, And made it look kinda easy.
This better be the next Light-heavy title fight or im pissed.
Opinion's on the matter people?

SHIT, I messed up the poll, Forget the how bit!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 10/25/07 8:33AM server time by ufcboss
Edit note/reason: MESSED UP

Post #1   10/25/07 8:32:38AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
As much as I wanna pick Forrest, I just gotta believe that Rampage will find some way to slam him in this match. It could be like the Forrest/Tito fight, where Forrest sprawled the entire time until Tito look him down w/ like 90 seconds left. It would be a hell of a fight though.

I think Forrest deserves a shot at the belt, but then so does Jardine. Maybe someone else gets a shot first and we see Forrest/Jardine II for the no. 1 contedner's spot?

Post #2   10/25/07 9:29:18AM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Chips:
Your right man, When I say Forrest will win, This would be his biggest fight ever and we all know that Forrest can handle pressure, And he has a big pair. During his last fight, Did you see Rampage?, And how closely he was watching, Because he know's he will fight the winner I think.

Also think that if Griffin doesn't get Rampage, He should get Hendo, But that's for another time!

Post #3   10/25/07 10:15:41AM   

Throwdown

MMA Regular

Throwdown Avatar

Career:489-275
Chips:
True... I definitely think you are correct that if anyone deserves a title shot at the moment it's either Forrest or Jardine. But if they fight (which hasn't been scheduled yet) and then have several months before they get the shot at Rampage, that title shot could be a long time down the line.

Don't you think Rampage should be defending the belt a little sooner than that from his Henderson fight?

Post #4   10/25/07 10:50:16AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I'm shocked at these results of the above poll. I believe Rampage will win. Forrest's a brawler and he'll fight anybody, and I also believe (and I've watched it several times) that he beat Tito. However, I don't think he can beat Rampage. Well, he can, anything can happen, but I just don't see it happening. I really like Forrest as a person and enjoy watching his fights. I would like to see him win but I doubt he will. Wouldn't that be a suprise, Forrest as the new LHW Champion??!! He doesn't have the experience fighting the caliber of fighters that Rampage does, but in a fight, sometimes you just never know. If Forrest lands one of his overhand right on Rampage's sweet spot, it might just put him out........

And as for the posts above, Jaridine DOES NOT derserve a title shot. Come on, he beat Chuck. How bout the fight before that, huh???? Houston Alexander, a relatively unknown at the time, knocked him loopy......He doesn't deserve a shot at the title. That's just plain ridiculous.

And from an interview a few weeks ago, Rampage wanted at least a six month break to do a reality show that he was shopping between MTV, SpikeTV, and A&E. That may be why he's waiting so long in between title defenses.

Post #5   10/25/07 12:03:42PM   

Rua22

MMA Regular

Rua22 Avatar

Career:60-33
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:

Forrest will handle Rampage just fine, I don't like going to the past, But Rampage couldn't handle Shogun and he looked so happy when that fight ended.

Rampage is a completely different and much improved fighter than he was when he fought Shogun. Not to take anything away from Shogun, but at the time Shogun was on a tear in Pride much like Rampage is right now with the UFC. Rampage is fully confident right now and I think he is realizing how dominant he can be. I see Rampage winning against Forrest, BUT then again I also saw Shogun dominating Forrest and we all know that didn't happen. Regardless of you look at it, would definitely serve to be a great fight to watch. I agree with the comment above... Jardine doesn't deserve a title shot right now.

Post #6   10/25/07 12:46:33PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:7,263-4,368
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I think Griffin will use his superior BJJ to submit Jackson.

Post #7   10/25/07 1:02:08PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
World War 3...

This would be a Bloody brawl...This would be my all time favorite fight...match up wise, just hopefully let live up to my hype...

Post #8   10/25/07 1:18:10PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,966-1,249
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by Throwdown

True... I definitely think you are correct that if anyone deserves a title shot at the moment it's either Forrest or Jardine. But if they fight (which hasn't been scheduled yet) and then have several months before they get the shot at Rampage, that title shot could be a long time down the line.

Don't you think Rampage should be defending the belt a little sooner than that from his Henderson fight?

he is hurt

Post #9   10/25/07 2:27:31PM   

djchoice2000

Learning to Sprawl

djchoice2000 Avatar

Career:246-158
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
This will be a good test for Forrest. I mean by how many rounds he can last against Rampage. Just one comment Jardine. Rampage is more rounded and better than Jardine and he made Forrest run out the octagon crying.

Post #10   10/25/07 6:36:37PM   

djchoice2000

Learning to Sprawl

djchoice2000 Avatar

Career:246-158
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by ufcboss

This will be great, Plain and simple.
Forrest like's a good bashing and has some room on his face for another scar or two.
I just think there need's to be a bit more buzz about this match-up, It will be great for the sport and if Forrest won, Ching Ching, We got the next poster boy, Which I wanna see.
Forrest will handle Rampage just fine, I don't like going to the past, But Rampage couldn't handle Shogun and he looked so happy when that fight ended. Then forrest come's out and finishes him, And made it look kinda easy.
This better be the next Light-heavy title fight or im pissed.
Opinion's on the matter people?

SHIT, I messed up the poll, Forget the how bit!

That was a different Shogun then what Forrest faced bro.

Post #11   10/25/07 6:38:15PM   

Riggeee

MMA Regular

Riggeee Avatar

Career:686-426
Chips:
the only HUGE victory for forrest was against rua
rampage wins easily

Post #12   10/25/07 9:56:23PM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Chips:
Rampage V Henderson, Quinton looked good, but not good, I know he would of had much respect for Hendo that night and not wanting to do anythiing crazy, That wasn't a domination, Not by far. This would be a 50/50 fight and anything could happen.

I know, Even I cant imagine that belt around Forrest's waist.

Post #13   10/25/07 10:08:54PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:2,029-1,355
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

As much as I wanna pick Forrest, I just gotta believe that Rampage will find some way to slam him in this match. It could be like the Forrest/Tito fight, where Forrest sprawled the entire time until Tito look him down w/ like 90 seconds left. It would be a hell of a fight though.

I think Forrest deserves a shot at the belt, but then so does Jardine. Maybe someone else gets a shot first and we see Forrest/Jardine II for the no. 1 contedner's spot?

they need another jardine / forrest fight. Forrest has improved

Post #14   10/25/07 10:44:18PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
I love forrest, and hes one of my favourite fighters, but i just cant see him beating jackson. Hes got good stand up, but with jacksons chin i cant see him getting a K.O, and imo, jackson has better striking anyways. And hes definatly got better wrestling. If he doesnt knock Forrest out, page would get a UD, becouse theres no area in which Forrest is better.

Post #15   10/25/07 10:58:22PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2