Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

You Top 10 Favorite PRIDE KO's

Print  
Posted By Message

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
10 - Cro Cop vs Alexander Emelianenko
The mash up in the corner, then the throw to the ground. The BAM, the giant goes down in front of the News Year crowd.

9 - Wanderlei SIlva vs Fujita
Who expected that a LHW would come up and beat up a granite chined HW?

8 - Fedor vs Fujita
Just pure awesome. You think Fedor is going down, then he recovers and throws a kick and a punch like you've never seen Fedor throw before. (I know it wasn't a KO but it was almost)

7 - Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage Jackson I
No one expected such a brutal fight like this. It was like Rampage wasn't even in it.

6 - Shogun vs Arona
Quick miss on the huge heel stomp then some brutal hammerfists. Perfect way to finish the '05 GP and avenge Wanderlei AND continue to light the fire between BTT and Chute Boxe.

5 - Rampage Jackosn vs Chuck Liddell
All of a sudden, the dream match up begins to fade away and Rampage becomes the favorite for the tournament. And sets up a great feud between Wanderlei and Rampage.

4 - Rampge vs Wanderlei II
An extremely close fight ended with a single BRUTAL punch followed by some killer knees. Puts the iron chined Rampage on ice.

3 - Wanderlei Silva vs Yuki Condo
A chase...followed by a punch clean on the chin...then some killer stomps to finish the fight.

2 - Rampage Jackosn vs Ricardo Arona
No KO list is complete without this. No slam has ever been so good. Never in a fight have people been that shocked at that actually happen. Plus Rampage was way behind in this fight. One of the most amazing moments in all of MMA, followed by the Randlplex on Fedor.

1 - Kazushi Sakuraba vs Wanderlei Silva III
No one expected Saku to win but the KO was such a clean hit, even boxers were saying great that was. The low kick followed by the jeft jab and the killer right hook. The second it landed, Saku went completely stiff and Wanderlei knew he was out.

And an honorable mention goes to Igor vs Bueno...and several others

Yea I like Wanderlei...and you can't deny he's had soem great KO's

Last edited 12/23/07 12:33AM server time by TImW001
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   12/22/07 3:52:00PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
in no perticular order

Shogun Vs rampage -> purde domination, brutal knees

Mirko cro cop vs Igor Vovchanchyn-> brutal head-kick

Cro Cop vs aleksander emelianenko-> just great

wanderlei vs saku 3

shogun vs arona-> great fight

wanderlei vs rampage-> brutal

Igor Vovchanchyn vs Francisco Bueno->one of the best KO's, cant stop watchin it

wanderlei silva Vs yuki kondo

Joachim hansen vs Masakazu Imanari-> great knee

Joachim hansen Vs luiz azeredo-> great knee

Post #2   12/22/07 4:15:59PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,073-746
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:
Gilbert Yvel ko'ing big daddy gary goodridge with a brutal highkick

Post #3   12/22/07 11:04:16PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i don't have time to organize a list of my favorites, it would take too long so i'll have to post my top 10 at a later time

for me, my favorite is when CC won from Yoshida quitting due to leg kicks. i love leg kicks, and when the rare moment comes when the fight is ended by them it is one of my favorite moments. i want CC to come back to his dominant form so badly, please CC, gain your intensity back and run through the UFC HW like you were supposed to do because you are definitely capable of it.

Post #4   12/22/07 11:28:16PM   

ippon

Learning to Sprawl

ippon Avatar

Career:78-54
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
Yeah, I vote for the Gilber Ivel/Big Daddy knockout. Wasn't it like literally the first strike thrown in the match?

Any of Mirco's knockouts are pretty much highlight reel footage too.

Wanderlei's knockout of Rampage (was it the second fight?) was pretty brutal too. Dude was stiff like a mannequin tangled in the ropes.

Post #5   12/23/07 12:31:57AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,410-903
Chips:
Here are my top 10 in no particular order.

Cro Cop vs. Dos Caras Junior -----> Spectacular head kick KO for Cro Cop, but the cheap shot after he stares him in the face afterwards was priceless.

Krazy Horse vs. Yoshiro Maeda -------> One of my favorite fights period because of the use of the turn buckle at the beginning.

Cro Cop vs. Aleks Emelianenko ------> Typical brutal head kick

Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson ------> Brutal Knees

Aleks Emelianenko vs. Ricardo Morais -------> He landed like 4 more punches after he KO'd him.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Ikuhisa Minowa ------> Don't know what it is by love to see Minowa get KTFO

Jens Pulver vs. Tomomi Iwama ------> Slugging along and then BAM!

Heath Herring vs. Yoshihiro Nakao ------> Too bad it didn't count

Takanori Gomi vs. Luiz Azeredo -------> This was great due to the crazyness that ensued, including Krazy Horse getting in there wanting to fight Gomi.

Cro Cop vs. Wanderlei Silva --------> Love both of these guys, and this was a war for five minutes, before another spectacular head kick.

Post #6   12/23/07 12:51:58AM   

Purge

Standup Guy

Purge Avatar

Career:562-312
Chips:
1. Wanderlei vs Rampage 1
2. Mirko vs Wanderlei 2
3. Fedor vs Ogawa
4. Overeem vs Kharitonov 1
5. Mirko vs A. Emelianenko

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #7   12/24/07 9:54:15AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
The two I remember most were Cro Cop on Igor, and Igor on bueno. I was honestly scared when I saw them, I thought Bueno was comatose, and I thought Cro Cop just broke Igors neck. Those were the two that stuck in my mind most. Other then that I love alot of Shogun's due to the brutal nature, alot of wands were pretty crazy as well, and Rampage's slam on Arona was a rough one.

Post #8   12/24/07 5:37:50PM