Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

betting odds for UFC Fight Night 129: Maia vs Usman

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Braden

Is there any way we could switch that number from 200 down to 100 or at worst, 150? I know most of my team does not put their picks in until the evening before, or the day of, and with the decrease in numbers over the past couple of years, it can take a long time before the odds are up, and I'd prefer not to wait until the day before the event for the odds to be up. It would be nice to have them up no later than the middle of the week, if not the beginning of the week... not the end of the week or after the hot bout closes. I'd expect all the odds to be up before the 48 hour mark.

I think you do a good job with the botr odds, so I have no problem with you doing them.

Well to be fair, and i won't put any of the HW camps on plast but if they are lowered to 150, The manipulating of odds would be that much easier.

Not to sound like a broken record but I'm very unexcited about UFC FN:Chile, and others are probably not either. I'm gonna be at work and record this event just to watch 3 or 4 fights.

Braden if you want to help get the odds up suggest to your team to make their picks earlier. They can be changed you know. Your team alone waiting is 10% of whats needed. My team is at 100% picked all week. We did our 5%. Odds have been out for this event for several days. I'm not critiquing the way you guys play but just expect weak Fight Night cards are gonna have the less serious players involved. Just line up FN Chile to the next BOTR card. Its way better. Not even an opinion. Just look! Lol

I'll see what the other mods say. Card, Budge, grappler and Poor_Franklin.

If anything needs to be done immediately. Id like to get a mood that knows how to photoshop for the badges and i can walk you thru how to do it.

You'll probably get a handful of individuals from multiple camps that try to sway the odds, but I doubt it'll be enough to make a huge difference. Like I said, the majority of my camp doesn't put their picks in until the last day or two, when the odds are already up. I could really care less if others camps or individuals want to sway the odds. Now it's been pointed out publicly that it's cheating, so if people want to continue to be that desperate to do that, then go ahead, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. More than half my camp does not put there picks in until the day before so if there's is anyone in my camp that does that, it's not that many. I'll even bring this up to my camp so you won't have to worry about anyone doing it from Dark Horse. I could suggest for my members to put them in sooner, but I believe some of them don't want to really think about the fights until they're the next day, so they probably won't put their picks in earlier, even if I suggested it, and I don't want to make them change how they play the game when they're playing it honestly to begin with.

Maybe 100 is too low, but I'd really push for it to be dropped down to 150. I feel my opinion should be valued just as much as the mods since I do a lot around here and arguably should be a mod, myself. Trig should be one, as well, and he agrees to drop it down to 150. So you have 2 out of 7, so far. Sorry if I offended any of the mods yesterday with how I started this thread, that was not my intention. Everyone has a bad day, but I'm not going to get into details.

I get excited for every event, even if it's a weaker one. I can still find a handful of fights that interest me, and sometimes the ones that don't look that interesting turn out to be wicked fights. Hopefully we get a bunch of good fight for this event and the other in botr events.

I'm also, guessing those last two sentences were directed towards Trig, since he's the one volunteering. I'm more than happy just staying on top of the forums.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #16   5/18/18 3:55:17PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,117-1,208
Chips:
Off topic but I generally enjoy watching every single ufc event and fight. This Chile card has a lot of lower ranked fighters but I find its these type of cards that have the most entertaining fights.

Post #17   5/18/18 4:54:59PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Off topic but I generally enjoy watching every single ufc event and fight. This Chile card has a lot of lower ranked fighters but I find its these type of cards that have the most entertaining fights.

Post #18   5/18/18 4:58:27PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,696-3,273
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Sorry Braden. A lot of people (mods included) have busy schedules during the week. All my Playground time is during the weekends mostly because of work. This time of the year I'm working close to 60 hour weeks.

JLS also has a rough work schedule but he's really great at staying on top of things.

Odds for the Big Show have always been generated by picks like someone mentioned above. I would agree that lowering the amount of people to 150 would be a good idea. Especially since a lot of people like to make picks much closer to the deadline.

Post #19   5/18/18 7:12:31PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,491-2,364
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Sorry Braden. A lot of people (mods included) have busy schedules during the week. All my Playground time is during the weekends mostly because of work. This time of the year I'm working close to 60 hour weeks.

JLS also has a rough work schedule but he's really great at staying on top of things.

Odds for the Big Show have always been generated by picks like someone mentioned above. I would agree that lowering the amount of people to 150 would be a good idea. Especially since a lot of people like to make picks much closer to the deadline.

Thanks for having my back. I can text DTM and get it lowered. I think 150 is a bit low personally but if we can continue the regulars pickers and manage to get a few extra hear and there than that's great. Well continue to grow. The weak FN cards are generally gonna have a smaller showing compared to Fox and PPV's.

Odds are already out for UFC 225 but should they be manually entered to match? I don't think so. The whole fantasy mma design of this website for odds were to have them reflect how the consensus pick. I doubt UFC 225, 226, 227 will have an issue.

I'm actually in the same boat as Budge. This week i work 56hrs. My job is more important than this site if I'm being honest. This site pays me nothing. In fact I met up with the BOTR winner last season and paid him at b-dubs. Jbmoviefan can vouch for that. And it was no big deal. We talked mma, ate a bunch of wings and had a good time. I dont get out much.

Card does a good job at helping with the Big Show Cards so he deserves credit as well. Budge and myself split the BOTR obligations. I manually enter the odds but I've gotten more positive feedback on that than negative. Its harder to hit big because my unbiased odds are generated as to what I think they should be and often I'm fairly close or in the ballpark at least.

I don't think it's a good idea for odds to manually be inputted for Big Show fights because as close as I think they are or should be I'm off but I'll assure you my odds would be closer to the real thing than PG generated odds.

Post #20   5/19/18 2:23:33AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Braden

Posted by JLS

Posted by Braden

Is there any way we could switch that number from 200 down to 100 or at worst, 150? I know most of my team does not put their picks in until the evening before, or the day of, and with the decrease in numbers over the past couple of years, it can take a long time before the odds are up, and I'd prefer not to wait until the day before the event for the odds to be up. It would be nice to have them up no later than the middle of the week, if not the beginning of the week... not the end of the week or after the hot bout closes. I'd expect all the odds to be up before the 48 hour mark.

I think you do a good job with the botr odds, so I have no problem with you doing them.

Well to be fair, and i won't put any of the HW camps on plast but if they are lowered to 150, The manipulating of odds would be that much easier.

Not to sound like a broken record but I'm very unexcited about UFC FN:Chile, and others are probably not either. I'm gonna be at work and record this event just to watch 3 or 4 fights.

Braden if you want to help get the odds up suggest to your team to make their picks earlier. They can be changed you know. Your team alone waiting is 10% of whats needed. My team is at 100% picked all week. We did our 5%. Odds have been out for this event for several days. I'm not critiquing the way you guys play but just expect weak Fight Night cards are gonna have the less serious players involved. Just line up FN Chile to the next BOTR card. Its way better. Not even an opinion. Just look! Lol

I'll see what the other mods say. Card, Budge, grappler and Poor_Franklin.

If anything needs to be done immediately. Id like to get a mood that knows how to photoshop for the badges and i can walk you thru how to do it.

You'll probably get a handful of individuals from multiple camps that try to sway the odds, but I doubt it'll be enough to make a huge difference. Like I said, the majority of my camp doesn't put their picks in until the last day or two, when the odds are already up. I could really care less if others camps or individuals want to sway the odds. Now it's been pointed out publicly that it's cheating, so if people want to continue to be that desperate to do that, then go ahead, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. More than half my camp does not put there picks in until the day before so if there's is anyone in my camp that does that, it's not that many. I'll even bring this up to my camp so you won't have to worry about anyone doing it from Dark Horse. I could suggest for my members to put them in sooner, but I believe some of them don't want to really think about the fights until they're the next day, so they probably won't put their picks in earlier, even if I suggested it, and I don't want to make them change how they play the game when they're playing it honestly to begin with.

Maybe 100 is too low, but I'd really push for it to be dropped down to 150. I feel my opinion should be valued just as much as the mods since I do a lot around here and arguably should be a mod, myself. Trig should be one, as well, and he agrees to drop it down to 150. So you have 2 out of 7, so far. Sorry if I offended any of the mods yesterday with how I started this thread, that was not my intention. Everyone has a bad day, but I'm not going to get into details.

I get excited for every event, even if it's a weaker one. I can still find a handful of fights that interest me, and sometimes the ones that don't look that interesting turn out to be wicked fights. Hopefully we get a bunch of good fight for this event and the other in botr events.

I'm also, guessing those last two sentences were directed towards Trig, since he's the one volunteering. I'm more than happy just staying on top of the forums.

As far as me saying that swaying pick % is cheating. I don't know for certain if thats a real rule. Just my opinion, if a camp has a big bankroll for example and the picks are 60/40 and the odds on here are say -170 for ex. Then all of a sudden they go 80/20. The writing is on the wall.

I pm'd Card and apologized to him about how my post came off. As a mod 1st and for most you check PMs, camp topics and then forums so I had no idea you posted this topic Braden. So no offensive taken here. You summed it up nicely. "Everyone has bad days". Even Mystic Braden and Mystic JLS.lol.

Just gotta remember this is a game 1st and foremost and competitiveness and feelings should come 2nd. Sometimes it doesn't work that way but it is what it is.

And Braden I was taking with an anonymous member about making you a mod.

Most importantly we need someone that can do badges. I can do Top Poster, News Mogul Badges but the season badges are something I'm not good at.

That mods primary role would be to help keep badges flowing at a better rate than now.

Unfortunately Flashy hasn't logged on in over 3 months. I'm gonna message DTM when the sun comes out and he'll be demoted. Its plain and simple you can't mod if you don't log in. So we'd need a person with integrity to not cheat and do things by the book.

If you or Trig are interested i can make it happen. I have a great relationship with DTM. And he'll most likely take my advice.

With that said that doesn't mean you can't do other mod stuff. Its better to have mods that log in frequently and the 2 of you fit the bill.

Post #21   5/19/18 2:40:12AM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

As far as me saying that swaying pick % is cheating. I don't know for certain if thats a real rule. Just my opinion, if a camp has a big bankroll for example and the picks are 60/40 and the odds on here are say -170 for ex. Then all of a sudden they go 80/20. The writing is on the wall.

I pm'd Card and apologized to him about how my post came off. As a mod 1st and for most you check PMs, camp topics and then forums so I had no idea you posted this topic Braden. So no offensive taken here. You summed it up nicely. "Everyone has bad days". Even Mystic Braden and Mystic JLS.lol.

Just gotta remember this is a game 1st and foremost and competitiveness and feelings should come 2nd. Sometimes it doesn't work that way but it is what it is.

And Braden I was taking with an anonymous member about making you a mod.

Most importantly we need someone that can do badges. I can do Top Poster, News Mogul Badges but the season badges are something I'm not good at.

That mods primary role would be to help keep badges flowing at a better rate than now.

Unfortunately Flashy hasn't logged on in over 3 months. I'm gonna message DTM when the sun comes out and he'll be demoted. Its plain and simple you can't mod if you don't log in. So we'd need a person with integrity to not cheat and do things by the book.

If you or Trig are interested i can make it happen. I have a great relationship with DTM. And he'll most likely take my advice.

With that said that doesn't mean you can't do other mod stuff. Its better to have mods that log in frequently and the 2 of you fit the bill.

Thank you, JLS for the offer to become a moderator. Same to whoever the anonymous member is. I really appreciate it. It's something I will definitely consider, but I have some things going on in my life that I'd have to talk to you about first, before I decide to accept or not. I'll message you sometime this weekend or early next week about it. Since Trig has already expressed interest, I definitely think you should bring him on board. He seems like a good, level headed person, who would do a good job.

Post #22   5/19/18 5:29:53AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Braden

Thank you, JLS for the offer to become a moderator. Same to whoever the anonymous member is. I really appreciate it. It's something I will definitely consider, but I have some things going on in my life that I'd have to talk to you about first, before I decide to accept or not. I'll message you sometime this weekend or early next week about it. Since Trig has already expressed interest, I definitely think you should bring him on board. He seems like a good, level headed person, who would do a good job.

You're welcome Braden and I'll let that person know as well.

How about I PM you and Trig tomorrow jointly and you (Braden), PM me back with the private stuff that I'll keep 1000% confidential.

Flashy and Poor_Franklin will no longer be mods as of later on today. I'm sure you saw P_F's goodbye post.

The play is already in motion. I hope Flashy is ok really. But he can't be mod anymore until he comes back. He hasn't logged on in over 100+ days.

Post #23   5/20/18 3:37:20AM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Sounds good, man. Hope you have a good night!

Post #24   5/20/18 4:21:33AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2