Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wagering Error

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,389-1,465
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
I would agree with you Stone if the wagers had been rest by the 48 hour mark, but they weren't reset until just a couple hours before the fights. What about the 62 people with less than a $1000 who couldn't bet properly until the reset? I'm fine leaving it as it is, as I said it didn't effect me, but ultimately scaling the wagers was not the fair solution. I would really appreciate a clear ruling as to how much time people need to have before the event to make picks and wagers before a reset or cancellation is necessary. It seems very arbitrary to me, and as anyone who was in a camp with my will attest, I can't stand playing a game without clear and enforced rules.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #46   3/14/18 1:17:44PM   

JLS

7-21-18 Jinh Invicta Champion

JLS Avatar

Career:4,277-2,240
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

It’s also strange that you would Pm me sayingmy parlay way worth around 6.5K and then in total i only made 1.5K this entire event. The 160 number is a random number generated by the programmers i did not bet that i would have bet at least 300 on that parlay so whatever math that works out to is what i should be paid and why the people if they did wager over 10000, there wagers weren’t just dropped to 1000 instead of 6 or 700 i also don’t u detstand unless there’s some form of equation that goes into every bet.

I did Pm DTM with no response. Just seems like no one on this site really wants to deal with anything when there is an issue. Again not on you but whoever has the power to donwhat they did got it all wrong and bankrolls should have just been reset instead of having them be wrong but now i know so i won’t waste my time on that side of the site.

Stange to PM you?

Not sure if you noticed but the parlay wagers got screwed up when the bankrolls got reset late. I'm working with DTM so we can get the correct earnings done. A big headache. Figured i would give you a heads up because you hit a 3 man parlay but it shouldn't have paid out that much. The guy that placed first in wagers put $68 to win $16K. I'm hoping the programmer can fix it without any resetting of wagers. But I'm not jumping to conclusions yet just wanted to give you a heads up. I'm sure you looked at your parlay and was wondering how it paid out so much.

It was called a courtesy message. No worries though, i won't be sending any PM's to ANYBODY! Besides the few that I deal with on the regular.

Post #47   3/14/18 1:24:37PM   

JLS

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stone

If you were dumb enough to bet with last seasons money, and not check back 48 hours out. Its your own fault. Everyone on the site knows to check back 48 hours out for changes.

Second, everyone complaining is a seasoned vet here. You all know how all of this works. If you tried to get ahead by betting before the totals were reset.. Too bad. No one is new here. If there were an influx of new guys joining the site, and hundreds were like, "wtf I didnt know about a reset?" then maybe. But we all know... Every person that was doing wagers before-hand, should have been messaging the mods and telling them to reset it. Then waiting for it to be done. It also only affected about 5 people in the top 27. Also, not one member of the Bullies had an error, or a change to their total... That should say whats up all by itself.

Its another situation just like that hotbout error the one time. The guys all went with the HB, and when they got it wrong, then they complained. It should have been done beforehand just like this.

You're doing a good job JLS, it is not possible to make everyone happy. And this is not your error. Do we need more admins? Probably. Are there many people on here able to handle that? No.

Business as usual.

This is all I have to say, I wont be responding after this.

One more thing**** We received 2 sets of badges for Season 32. I assume that would get fixed on its own. But we still have them.

Thanks! I can fix those extra set of badges this evening.

Post #48   3/14/18 1:26:05PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The next event starts in just under 3 days. It sounds like the bankrolls will not be reset but it hasn't totally been made clear. There's just a lot of talking going on. Can we get a clear definite answer as to what's happening so we can move past this and prepare for the next event. Thanks.

Post #49   3/14/18 2:40:33PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:5,227-2,925
Chips:

Posted by Stone

If you were dumb enough to bet with last seasons money, and not check back 48 hours out. Its your own fault. Everyone on the site knows to check back 48 hours out for changes.

Second, everyone complaining is a seasoned vet here. You all know how all of this works. If you tried to get ahead by betting before the totals were reset.. Too bad. No one is new here. If there were an influx of new guys joining the site, and hundreds were like, "wtf I didnt know about a reset?" then maybe. But we all know... Every person that was doing wagers before-hand, should have been messaging the mods and telling them to reset it. Then waiting for it to be done. It also only affected about 5 people in the top 27. Also, not one member of the Bullies had an error, or a change to their total... That should say whats up all by itself.

Its another situation just like that hotbout error the one time. The guys all went with the HB, and when they got it wrong, then they complained. It should have been done beforehand just like this.

You're doing a good job JLS, it is not possible to make everyone happy. And this is not your error. Do we need more admins? Probably. Are there many people on here able to handle that? No.

Business as usual.

This is all I have to say, I wont be responding after this.

One more thing**** We received 2 sets of badges for Season 32. I assume that would get fixed on its own. But we still have them.

So If I make bets prior to 48 hours of an event being locked I should double check them? I think that's ridiculous. Never in my years here have I ever had to check back on bets.

Post #50   3/14/18 3:20:14PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by xdanish020

It’s also strange that you would Pm me sayingmy parlay way worth around 6.5K and then in total i only made 1.5K this entire event. The 160 number is a random number generated by the programmers i did not bet that i would have bet at least 300 on that parlay so whatever math that works out to is what i should be paid and why the people if they did wager over 10000, there wagers weren’t just dropped to 1000 instead of 6 or 700 i also don’t u detstand unless there’s some form of equation that goes into every bet.

I did Pm DTM with no response. Just seems like no one on this site really wants to deal with anything when there is an issue. Again not on you but whoever has the power to donwhat they did got it all wrong and bankrolls should have just been reset instead of having them be wrong but now i know so i won’t waste my time on that side of the site.

Stange to PM you?

Strage to PM me and tell me I won 6.5k when clearly that was not the case. But whatever, nothing is gonna change, so I'm done talking about it.

Last edited 3/14/18 3:31PM server time by xdanish020
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #51   3/14/18 3:21:35PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

@Danish - Just had to add that the bet on Pyle was really stupid, he had some of the worst odds change on the card, learn to play the game. Also where was your bet on Hernandez? He had the best odds on the card. You should give up on the wagering side of the game even if this issue does get resolved to your liking.

That's funny because I had more money than you did last season. Maybe you should concentrate a little bit more on your poor pick percentage than getting lucky with wagers on a fake fantasy site.

Post #52   3/14/18 3:25:33PM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,389-1,465
Chips:
My kind of talk, hell yeah! Your numbers are terrible danish, you've got 4 wagers badges to my 11, and I did it in 3 less years, and you've got nothing since season 25. You know who also picks at 64% like you? Anyone who picks all the favorites . If I put in my time watching tape and looking at stats I'm better 99% of the people playing this game, but that takes effort, though I wouldn't need it beat you. Regardless of which of picks better, I clearly have a grasp on basic math that you never will. I'm sure your team LOVES the way you play, lol.

Post #53   3/14/18 3:45:36PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

My kind of talk, hell yeah! Your numbers are terrible danish, you've got 4 wagers badges to my 11, and I did it in 3 less years, and you've got nothing since season 25. You know who also picks at 64% like you? Anyone who picks all the favorites . If I put in my time watching tape and looking at stats I'm better 99% of the people playing this game, but that takes effort, though I wouldn't need it beat you. Regardless of which of picks better, I clearly have a grasp on basic math that you never will. I'm sure your team LOVES the way you play, lol.

This coming from a guy with a 61% pick percentage, if it were so easy why can’t you do it?? ..pathetic. I’m also sure I’ve picked over 1,000 more fights than you have. Your accolades are in BOTT where 80 people compete. You aren’t on my level simple as that. Not to mention you have a grand total of 1 top score to my 4. Don’t shoot shots ya can’t hit buddy.

Last edited 3/14/18 5:00PM server time by xdanish020
2 total post edits

Post #54   3/14/18 4:36:58PM   

JLS

JLS Avatar

Chips:
People think that BOTR top 10 season finishes are easy to get.

Well play a season and see the savages at the top. Its not the quantity but the quality of the player that gets a good season total.

Usually people bail out once they are getting trampled on.

Post #55   3/14/18 8:30:35PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Well play a season and see the savages at the top. Its not the quantity but the quality of the player that gets a good season total.

80 players is a lot easier to accolade in than say 500-1000......I also think it's safe to say those 80 people competing in BOTR are also competing in the main UFC game.

I don't even wager BOTR honestly. Out of the 60 people you currently have playing I bet 30-40 of them actually make bets b/c I know for a fact bets are not up for BOTR until right before the event starts. You can say what you want, it's a lot tougher to accolade in the main game then it is in BOTR.

I also just find it funny JBmoviefan throwing jabs with his terrible pick percentage and then equating it to only picking the favorites. He's like the Swaggy P of the GS Warriors, joins Dark Horse gets a few accolades there and thinks he is something special but his 61% pick rate says otherwise. You can win accolades and still not be good at this game, hence JBmoviefan

Last edited 3/14/18 10:08PM server time by xdanish020
3 total post edits

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #56   3/14/18 9:50:23PM   

LooseCannon

In Full Mount

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:3,013-1,763
Chips:
I agree that a BOTR badge doesn’t for much especially these days...just like my ‘Forum Sidegamer’ badge. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it said that badges no longer would even be given to BOTR anymore (except maybe 1st in each category)?

There’s too few people so you can’t even compare how hard it is to place top 10i n Points & Wagers Main Game vs BOTR. With that said, Danish & JB you both have a few legit Main Game badges so credit to you both, you’re top players.

Back to the error it is what it is, we’re beating a dead horse at this point, get over it. It’s just the first event of the season. The people that were affected appeared to do it to themselves.

Post #57   3/15/18 12:21:27AM   

JLS

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by JLS

80 players is a lot easier to accolade in than say 500-1000......I also think it's safe to say those 80 people competing in BOTR are also competing in the main UFC game.

I don't even wager BOTR honestly. Out of the 60 people you currently have playing I bet 30-40 of them actually make bets b/c I know for a fact bets are not up for BOTR until right before the event starts. You can say what you want, it's a lot tougher to accolade in the main game then it is in BOTR.

I also just find it funny JBmoviefan throwing jabs with his terrible pick percentage and then equating it to only picking the favorites. He's like the Swaggy P of the GS Warriors, joins Dark Horse gets a few accolades there and thinks he is something special but his 61% pick rate says otherwise. You can win accolades and still not be good at this game, hence JBmoviefan

Bets for BOTR are up for the next event that's still 10 days away. They've been up immediately after the card goes up for at least 6-8 months now.

I'm just saying if you think its that easy to get a Top 10 points placing, just play the game and you'll be surprised that even with the small player pool there's at least 20 guys that are are extremely good at this game.

DjCloud, QuickToLynchYa, mlamonta, Johnyboy6969, dewby, Budge and I'm pretty decent too. Sorry if I let any names out.

But anyways I think this thread has ran its course.

Post #58   3/15/18 6:15:38AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4