Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

anyone notice Sctott Coker is killing it!

Print  
Posted By Message

billbrown7071

MMA Regular

Career:778-472
Chips:
Coker is really doing a Fantastic Job with Bellator...His ability to land Free Agents is incredible...

He's landing Big name free agents that are UFC stars that have all Headlined UFC shows in the past and can now headline Bellator shows

Chael Sonnen
Rory Macdonald
Ben Henerson
Phil Davis
Ryan Bader
Lorenz Larkin
Josh Thompson
Matt Mitrione
Michael Mcdonald
Fedor.
Wanderlei Silva
Josh Koscheck
Royce Gracie

Quinton Rampage Jackson
Cheick Kongo
^Not Coker signed Rampage and Kongo

But the point is, these are incredible signing, all of these fighters can headline Belllator card

Coker has put together a damn good roster, with the talent he already had and the talent hes been signing, He's now got like 30 fighters that can Legitimately headline cards.

Micheal Chandler
Pat Curran
Paul Daley
Eduardo Dantas
Bobby Lashley
King MO
Douglas Lima
Daniel Straus
Melvin Manhoef
Liam McGeary
Keri Melendez
MVP
The 2 Pittbulls
Joe Warren

Bellator Will never overtake the UFC or probably even get close, But they are really establishing their selves as the 2nd best Promotion and really getting a great Roster.

I'm not sure why The UFC is letting some of these Fighters go either...I could understand 1 or 2 at first, But not now, not when they are all signing with Bellator, These fighters are really starting to add up for Bellator...

Bellator's MSG card is looking Great.

Sonnen vs Silva
Fedor Vs Mitrione
Larkin Vs Lima
Chandler Vs Brent Primus

and Phil Davis Vs Ryan Bader is almost a certainty

Post #1   3/24/17 8:14:35PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 43-10

sparky Avatar

Career:4,496-2,475
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
The only problem I can see coming from this in the future is Bellator not being able to afford to pay all these high caliber fighters...... like a ton of them are making atleast 250K and we all know Fedor is getting pretty close to a Million if he isnt already getting that.

Now Bellator is hosting another PPV which could either make or break them depending on how it goes because if it doesnt sell well with all the money they already have to pay out to the fighters just off the 4 fights they have already announced they are cracking inbetween 2 and 3 Million is my guess and still need to add another like 6 or 7 fights. They really could be putting themselves in a sticky spot if it doesnt sell the way they hope it does

Post #2   3/24/17 9:54:38PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,408-2,856
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm all for what Coker is doing, not only to challenge the UFC (competition is a must for growth), but for the fighters even more so. Having another company to go to that offers different policies and personalities to work with can be enough for anyone to feel revitalized in their careers. Having a company that has a pay scale that includes benefits that you didn't have before can be life changing. I just hope the Bader contract is the new standard. I now like that kind of contract over the purse/bonus system because they can count on getting paid enough regardless if the win or lose, this also makes the performance bonuses a true bonus and when you add in sponsor pay the fighter wins again and it doesn't come out of the Bellator's pocket either. Sponsorship money is obviously a big issue for the UFC fighters, they need to fix it asap. The guaranteed number of fights is key as well...makes the fighters' finances similar to us normal folks working for a salary/hourly when before it seems like the pay scale is more based on commission.

Lastly, everyone needs to start retiting these legendary career fighters like they did for Tito Ortiz, granting them closure on a long hard career. Can you imagine the retirement ceremonies that could have been for guys like Chuck, Couture, Nogueira, etc...

Last edited 3/25/17 1:42AM server time by jae_1833
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   3/25/17 1:41:33AM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,464-955
Chips:
Coker has turned bellator from a last ditch destination and or purgatory for fighters.Before if you signed with Bellator it was because you were clearly on your last leg or were ditched by the ufc,often they wouldn't even recieve offers from the ufc.

Now we see Bellator outbidding the Ufc with very lucrative offers to the high end free agents,as well as picking up talent they scout,and other orgs sending fighters to Bellator.

Its become a legitimate #2 instead of a defunct #2.The profit margins in every area have only gone up as well as every performance indicator.This upcoming ppv is just a toe dip in the water to show viacom they can make extra revenue with the occasional ppv,and to test the growth of the brand itself.

Viacoms pockets are DEEEEEEP.......coker has proven he can continue to grow the brand so much so that they gave him more financial freedom to acquire talent and fill in the roster in 2017....,so far so good.

As long as coker maintains slow growth through international events and profitable fight cards viacom will continue to feed coker with more assets.

Truly the most un heralded thing coker has done was simply to bring spike closer together with viacom using its production team and assets,the overall production and feel you get watching has improved alot.

I think with all the name value the ppv may do better then the first attempt that was not as strong as a card.They dont need a ton of buys to turn a profit but i could see a decent buy number.

War BELLAFORCE.......been reppin this shit since day one

Post #4   3/25/17 1:54:19PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:1,900-1,299
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
NEW

Posted by sparky

The only problem I can see coming from this in the future is Bellator not being able to afford to pay all these high caliber fighters

Just as FKA said above, Viacom has that fuck-you kind of money. They can pay the fighters well and be just fine in the future. And I saw a piece (can't remember for the life of me where I saw it) with Coker talking about how "you should never underestimate the power of broadcast television".

Post #5   3/26/17 3:05:09PM