Zak Ottow gets call to replace Bobby Green, faces Josh Burkman at UFC Fight Night 96

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Zak Ottow gets call to replace Bobby Green, faces Josh Burkman at UFC Fight Night 96
Braden
9/20/16 9:14:34PM
Zak Ottow has gotten his call-up to the big leagues. “The Barbarian” will face Josh Burkman at UFC Fight Night 96.

Burkman (28-13 MMA, 6-8 UFC) was originally set to face Bobby Green (23-7 MMA, 4-2 UFC) in the lightweight bout. However, Green withdrew from the bout citing “personal issues,” opening the door for Ottow (13-3 MMA, 0-0) to make his octagon debut.

A UFC official today confirmed the bout to MMAjunkie.

Link
tildengolfer
9/20/16 9:43:40PM
Burkman via destruction.
Nathan_Arizona
9/21/16 4:00:21AM
Wow...Zak who? I'm gonna have to look at some tape on that guy. Since I'm attending this event, I was hoping for a UFC veteran to replace Green. I'll probably take a piss or grab another beer during that one. I guess you can't ask for much when it's a Fight Night card. Wishful thinking, though.

Nathan_Arizona
9/21/16 4:03:16AM
Well, he did submit KOTC veteran Jay Ellis....who's record is 13-60.
That's not padding your record.....that's MAXI-PADDING your record!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

But to be fair, he fought Jacob Volkmann last year....and got submitted in the first round.
I guess Burkman will be sticking around in the UFC for a couple more fights.
Burkman wins by submission in the first round.
JLS
9/21/16 4:07:48AM
Zak Ottow is an L2 guy. He's been on Axs TV shows before such as RFA and Legacy. Last year he got stopped by Volkmann in the 1st Round. I don't think this goes too well for him myself.

Fight's added to the picks section. Thanks Five_Alive.
Nathan_Arizona
9/21/16 4:11:59AM

Posted by JLS1980

Zak Ottow is an L2 guy. He's been on Axs TV shows before such as RFA and Legacy. Last year he got stopped by Volkmann in the 1st Round. I don't think this goes too well for him myself.

Fight's added to the picks section. Thanks Five_Alive.

...and the two fighters he fought after that Volkmann fight were:
Richard Wolfe: 1-4
Jay Ellis: 13-60

Wow.