UFC: Yushin Okami Staying Put with the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC: Yushin Okami Staying Put with the UFC
adamsb
11/20/07 9:43:20PM
Middleweight contender Yushin Okami (21-4 MMA, 5-1 UFC), who last defeated Jason MacDonald at UFC 77 in October, has re-signed with the organization.

link
tuvok500
11/20/07 9:51:54PM
good news !!

even if i don't think he can beat silva or hendo, it is a good thing for the MW division !!

silverbullet
11/20/07 9:52:11PM
No surprise there
kevietre
11/20/07 10:55:22PM
In the words of Jason MacDonald "Okami is boring"

w/ The Athlete
HulkRage
11/20/07 11:02:04PM
This is really good news, even if he is boring. He makes a great gatekeeper for the MW division.
tuvok500
11/20/07 11:10:28PM

Posted by kevietre

w/ The Athlete

LOL !!

the only problem is that McDonald believe that he his a top fighter and he is not, so it is hard to believe him when he was having no clue in his fight against franklin and in his fight against Okami !! LOL

he also have been destroy by Cote in his front of his own crowd i think and he will never, i mean NEVER be a ufc champ or title contender !!!

so, he can speak but he can not deliver so ...

Mayhem13
11/20/07 11:49:06PM
good to hear, he may be a bit of a slow starter, but he poses a challenge against any MW in the UFC (excpet Hendo and SIlva imo)...

I think Okami vs Leben would be cool....winner faces the winner of Franklin and Herman....and then they fight for #1 contender (to face winner of Henderson and Silva)
puppetmaster837
11/21/07 12:30:20AM
I thought that Okami had already signed a contract with K-1?
Lord_Lenny
11/21/07 12:46:35AM
good, good, good, that should help possible matchups in the MW division's elite
kevietre
11/21/07 10:06:54AM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by kevietre

w/ The Athlete

LOL !!

the only problem is that McDonald believe that he his a top fighter and he is not, so it is hard to believe him when he was having no clue in his fight against franklin and in his fight against Okami !! LOL

he also have been destroy by Cote in his front of his own crowd i think and he will never, i mean NEVER be a ufc champ or title contender !!!

LOL its not like im President of the Jason MacDonald fan club... I just think Okami isin't exciting to watch.
szucconi
11/21/07 10:57:41AM
This is great news. I am a big Okami fan. He has a win v. the champ, whats not to love?
stickyhash421
11/22/07 4:57:05AM

Posted by szucconi

This is great news. I am a big Okami fan. He has a win v. the champ, whats not to love?

first of all it was a DQ win, second silva was smashing him before it hit the ground. not dissing the guy but he got off easy, if they fight again silva via KO round 2 or 3, however the hendo/silva fight will be electric
stickyhash421
11/22/07 5:00:42AM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by kevietre

w/ The Athlete

LOL !!

i agree with you on mcdonald, except okami is boring hes like watching arlovski/sylvia 3 over and over again, but he is a good fighter dont get me wrong, but theres no way he beats silva, if you call okami's victory over silva a legit defeat than you didnt watch the fight. silva was dominate and would probably do the same, he wouldnt be stupid enough to get a DQ while he has the belt. no freakin way,
tepid55
11/22/07 5:04:59PM
He will be the middleweight champion.