YouTube also will stream five UFC 131 preliminary card bouts

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » YouTube also will stream five UFC 131 preliminary card bouts
pmoney
6/7/11 5:08:36PM
In addition to streaming on Facebook, the first five preliminary-card bouts from Saturday's UFC 131 card also will stream for free on YouTube.

YouTube recently opened the event page with a countdown to the event, which takes place at Rogers Arena in Vancouver.

UFC executives couldn't be reached for official comment, but sources told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the organization simply wanted to widen its audience, reach non-Facebook users, and provide another platform that's very mobile-device-friendly.

Article
Budgellism
6/7/11 5:17:48PM
That's pretty cool. Makes it easier for people without facebook.
postman
6/7/11 5:23:14PM
I never had a lag problem too much but any that there was be cured since traffic will be going to one or the other instead of just FB
Budgellism
6/7/11 5:27:39PM

Posted by postman

I never had a lag problem too much but any that there was be cured since traffic will be going to one or the other instead of just FB

I was having some major lag problems last event. It fixed itself half way through the broadcast though. Before that you could hear a lot of cussing from my room. Nothing bothers me more than lag when I'm watching fights.
FastKnockout
6/7/11 5:44:26PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by postman

I was having some major lag problems last event. It fixed itself half way through the broadcast though. Before that you could hear a lot of cussing from my room. Nothing bothers me more than lag when I'm watching fights.

I had the same issue with the lag, and that was after I missed the first two fights on the stream. Very happy to hear Youtube will now take part in the action.
pmoney
6/7/11 6:05:06PM
This is awesome! I was watching the Facebook stream for the finale, not a single problem or jump in the video all night! It's been pretty good to me the whole time, actually. And this is even better!

I believe in theory you could watch the prelims from your cell phone.... SICK! I always prefer watching with friends in a residential setting, get the laptop on dual-monitor to the HDTV.... it's a good thing! Watch the streams on TV, switch to Spike for the other prelims, then PPV for the main card. It's cheap, it's fun, it's no drama or BS like the bar can be... Get some pizza and beers and relax!
BeeR
6/7/11 7:10:09PM
yeah, super lag.
and I have a sweet connection
Twenty20Dollars
6/7/11 11:00:40PM
Hmmm, wonder if I will be able to watch on my phone at work.

I am able to watch youtube videos on my phone, but idk about streaming ones or whatever.
bojangalz
6/8/11 1:24:24AM
Finally I can stop using my wifes FB account to watch the fights. Nice!
40ouncetpkid
6/8/11 1:41:17AM
Yeah this is pretty sweet. Is that why their's a lot of lag because of all the traffic? I know it lags, also it switches from being to blurry to being actually freaking sweet quality during the whole prelim broadcasts.

Hopefully that was the problem and this fixes it. I love youtube, probably start watching them there, also those freaking spambots in the chat thing annoy me too. Can't even have a good conversation because by the time you try to respond to something cool somebody wrote you already have had 10-15 posts from spam bots.