UFC willing to remove Goldberg-Rogan ‘hype master’ style of announcing to secure new TV deal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC willing to remove Goldberg-Rogan ‘hype master’ style of announcing to secure new TV deal
Five-Alive
11/30/16 4:14:58AM
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), the world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, is expected to drive up its asking price for broadcasting rights when its current television deal expires in 2018.

But if and when UFC does set sail for greener pastures — or stay put on FOX — its live programming may undergo a facelift. That’s according to industry insider and television ratings guru Dave Meltzer.

Link
aussiemma
11/30/16 5:08:58AM
I like Rogans podcast but his commentating has become quite stale, he can be bias and he usually says the same things every ppv and Goldberg has always been a robot anyway, I don't really blame them though they been doing it for too long.

I'd take Stann, Florian or Hardy over Rogan any day
Kevro
11/30/16 7:23:07AM
So glad you have not been in charge.
shaneTpain
11/30/16 8:09:04AM

Posted by aussiemma

I like Rogans podcast but his commentating has become quite stale, he can be bias and he usually says the same things every ppv and Goldberg has always been a robot anyway, I don't really blame them though they been doing it for too long.

I'd take Stann, Florian or Hardy over Rogan any day

100% Rogan has become a broken record over the last few years. Goldie has always been a corn nuts robot. A commentary change would be great IMO
prozacnation1978
11/30/16 11:34:06AM
Love the fucking loyalty the ufc shows.
Annoucing fights for over a decade but your out in a year if we secure the deal
FKA
11/30/16 1:38:36PM
Goldberg is replaceable by anyone who can speak english.Rogan is very knowledgeable but he can be very biased and like already said repeats shit alot.

Ufc showing loyalty......where u been Prozac lol.

Thus isnt zuffa anymore,just cuz u were here for zuffa don't mean shit to new owners.
reptiler13
11/30/16 1:53:40PM
It was weird at first when they had started having other guys announce the fights cuz you were so used to rogan and goldie, but I like the change of pace and not hearing the same thing over and over again.
jbmoviefan
11/30/16 2:14:54PM
I literally find no difference between listening to Joe and Mike in RL or in UFC2 for PS4. Same stupid cliche fight info, same stupid catch phrase reactions. Though maybe I'm just tired of getting knocked out and hearing Joe say, 'Wow, wow,..wow......wow", and "That's the most incredible thing I've ever seen!". Go look up a double rainbow Joe!

Oh, and please no Brian Stann, dude has remind you how he used to fight in the UFC every 5 minutes.

As much as I hate watching his dance competitions, I really like Cruz as a commentator. One of the most informed guys out there, and he never get tired of listening to himself talk. I'd like him and Anik to take the prime spot, especially if John is rocking a 209 tat.
prozacnation1978
11/30/16 5:16:52PM

Posted by jbmoviefan

I literally find no difference between listening to Joe and Mike in RL or in UFC2 for PS4. Same stupid cliche fight info, same stupid catch phrase reactions. Though maybe I'm just tired of getting knocked out and hearing Joe say, 'Wow, wow,..wow......wow", and "That's the most incredible thing I've ever seen!". Go look up a double rainbow Joe!

Oh, and please no Brian Stann, dude has remind you how he used to fight in the UFC every 5 minutes.

As much as I hate watching his dance competitions, I really like Cruz as a commentator. One of the most informed guys out there, and he never get tired of listening to himself talk. I'd like him and Anik to take the prime spot, especially if John is rocking a 209 tat.

I dont like stann
jae_1833
11/30/16 8:28:35PM
So long as it's not Dan Hardy, that was not good at all on the night in Australia.