WEC Confirms Title Fights, Pulver's Debut on 12/12

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC Confirms Title Fights, Pulver's Debut on 12/12
DCRage
11/9/07 7:10:11AM
World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) announced the top 4 matches for it's 12/12 card yesterday. The headline matches are 3 title fights and the WEC debut of Jens Pulver, fighting at 145. Versus will carry the event live.

Article
nickcuc547
11/9/07 7:24:36AM
wow thats a great card, good to see wec putting together some great cards.
gartface
11/9/07 8:23:26AM

Posted by nickcuc547

wow thats a great card, good to see wec putting together some great cards.

Definitely a legit card. I can't wait to see Jens Pulver get in there.
xxdeadpoolxx
11/9/07 10:13:19AM
disappointed to see triggs not fightinf fihlo
FantasyFighter
11/9/07 11:16:21AM

Posted by xxdeadpoolxx

This is true. He would have been a real test for Fihlo and could have gotten to see how good Fihlo really is, but its still a great card. Im very excited.
richieb19
11/9/07 11:26:53AM

Posted by xxdeadpoolxx

Filho's opponent is still TBA, don't get your hopes up just yet!
jae_1833
11/9/07 1:28:30PM
Nice card WEC!! I'm wondering if TBA really does mean that it's not Trigg like we all expected? If it's not who would you all like to see go against Filho??
pv3Hpv3p
11/9/07 4:33:08PM

This card looks great...

As for whom to fight Filho... That's just a head scratcher... I don't think he's under contract anymore, but if they could get Mayhem in there that might make for a compelling matchup
xAcidburNx
11/9/07 4:43:50PM
thats creepy i was thinking miller would be a good fight as i was reading your message. other than that its hard to figure anyone else thats worth while. most are tied up in either other organizations or a card thats coming up. poor poor filho. no real competition inside of the wec. good thing there owned by zuffa though. this way they can keep paying guys for single fights
Scott_Revels
11/9/07 6:12:37PM
Then this means that there is a good chance the McCollough/Karalexis fight might not actually happen. Which sucks. If it does, and they don't make it for a title, it'll be quite the rip off.
ohiostate1016
11/9/07 6:39:42PM
If I'm not mistaken, isn't there an HDNet card on the same night? It looks as if Mark Cuban wants to go head to head with the WEC rather than with the UFC.
puppetmaster837
11/9/07 8:03:05PM
Now Trigg is fighting Edwin Dewees instead of Filho for HDNet. He took the much easier fight there.
Scott_Revels
11/9/07 11:04:32PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Now Trigg is fighting Edwin Dewees instead of Filho for HDNet. He took the much easier fight there.

I'd much rather he go in there and lose to Filho and give us a good showing, instead though he's going to potentially pad his record with another win. If I had a shot at a title and I was a fighter, i'd be there in a heartbeat. It's better for the record books to say you lost in a title fight, than to say you won a normal everyday fight, and ducked a title fight.
xAcidburNx
11/10/07 3:44:50AM
heres hoping edwin kicks his ass
Scott_Revels
11/10/07 3:49:48AM
If Trigg did agree to fight for HDNet over WEC, than I second that. I don't think he will though.