Vitor Belfort Promises "Fight Of The Century" Against Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Vitor Belfort Promises "Fight Of The Century" Against Anderson Silva
DCRage
8/9/10 12:32:23PM
Doing it on, of all things, Twitter. He put it simply in an open tweet to Dana White: "Dana please give me the fight that every one wants to see. This fight will be the fight of the century. Give me Anderson."

Article
icantthinkofanything
8/9/10 12:54:37PM
Beating Rich was good enough for a former hw to get in the mix. Is Vitor ready to fight? He should not fight Silva with a messed up shoulder. They should make the Vitor fight than Chael part 2.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
meier
8/9/10 4:38:24PM
belfort/silva winner faces sonnen
BustedKnuckle
8/9/10 6:05:27PM
I am against instant rematches of any kind. The only way it is ok by me is the Wiman/Danzig rematch situation. It doesn't make sense to me that a guy who just lost gets another shot. Even if he was super competitive and mostly dominant in the fight......HE LOST!!! Same goes with the BJ/Edgar fights. Oh boo hoo BJ lost the belt by a close dec.!!! Wait your turn like every one else!!!! Sonnen should have to get at least one more dominant win to get back to a title fight.
Darnok
8/9/10 8:23:52PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I am against instant rematches of any kind. The only way it is ok by me is the Wiman/Danzig rematch situation. It doesn't make sense to me that a guy who just lost gets another shot. Even if he was super competitive and mostly dominant in the fight......HE LOST!!! Same goes with the BJ/Edgar fights. Oh boo hoo BJ lost the belt by a close dec.!!! Wait your turn like every one else!!!! Sonnen should have to get at least one more dominant win to get back to a title fight.

I agree.
jae_1833
8/9/10 8:53:45PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I agree too, Chael is marketable now, his fights will sell. Silva vs Belfort, then give Chael a stiff test (nate, demian, etc) to reclaim the #1 contender spot.
LotusLoo
8/9/10 8:58:39PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Yeah, I agree too. Even though I do really want to see Sonnen vs. Silva again ASAP.
I disagree with the upcoming immediate rematch of Penn vs. Edgar... I think Edgar won fairly and don't see why it was such a big upsetting deal for fans other than the fact that BJ rarely loses... he just didn't do enough in that fight. Immediate rematches should be saved for truly controversial fights... either controversial stoppage or controversial split decision.
MisterFreeze
8/9/10 11:05:42PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I agree too, Chael is marketable now, his fights will sell. Silva vs Belfort, then give Chael a stiff test (nate, demian, etc) to reclaim the #1 contender spot.

How would Nate be a stiff test for Chael? He already demolished Nate with ease.

But there are few top people in the middleweight division that they could give to Chael. Especialy after Chael just showed the world what he is capable of.

What about Chael vs Alan Belcher?
cmill21
8/10/10 5:41:54AM
I hope he KO's silva. Guy is as classless as they come.
Boo_Radley21
8/14/10 10:22:34PM
Vitor Belfort, next middleweight champion of the UFC
babalu46
8/14/10 11:17:47PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by BustedKnuckle

How would Nate be a stiff test for Chael? He already demolished Nate with ease.

But there are few top people in the middleweight division that they could give to Chael. Especialy after Chael just showed the world what he is capable of.

What about Chael vs Alan Belcher?

I would love to see this fight but with Belcher battling his detached retina i seriously doubt it's gonna happen.