Victorious Bisping Looking for Wanderlei Rematch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Victorious Bisping Looking for Wanderlei Rematch
FastKnockout
10/16/10 11:48:54PM

“I feel I’ve grown as a fighter. If I can’t do it now I’m never going to do it,” he asserted.

That’s not to say that the confident Brit has his sights set on champion Anderson Silva just yet. Instead, he has another Silva in his sights.

“I’d like to fight Wanderlei again, definitely,” said Bisping, referring to his disputed loss to the Brazilian earlier this year. “I would even consider coaching 'The Ultimate Fighter' against him.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Victorious-Bisping-Looking-for-Wanderlei-Rematch-27557
Hendo67
10/17/10 1:07:11AM
In a rematch Pillow Fists would get smashed in the 2nd round, in my opinion.
Twenty20Dollars
10/17/10 1:42:02AM
No bisping, wandy vs akiyama needs to happen! Would be a classic, no doubt in my mind.
prozacnation1978
10/17/10 1:55:38AM
I think bisping may face cote next. If he wins
Or okami/marquadt loser
RearNakedJoke
10/17/10 2:19:19AM
neither Bisping or Akiyama impressed me. That fight was far from deserving fight of the night.

Wanderlei probably doesnt have a whole lot of fights left in him and i'd hate to see him waste another one beating Bispings ass again. He has bigger and better things ahead of him than that.

Coolhand37
10/17/10 3:27:07AM
Bisping should rematch Wanderlei then call out Henderson or Chris Leben I feel he is so close to title shot with Silva he should try and get one. He could beat Silva because he tends to counter well and Silva looks haggard lately. Although Bisping's chin is a question.
Coolhand37
10/17/10 3:31:17AM
i feel Bisping knows his place as a slick oppurtunist counter puncher against Wanderlei and looked very good tonight infact in my heart of hearts i thought his counters and right hands were on the money. He fought the best Japanese fighter in the world and he earned my respect. But who can't like Wanderlei, he gives 110 percent in every fight .You can't not like the guy. It would be a damn good rematch!!!
1daveufc
10/17/10 4:57:29AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I think bisping may face cote next. If he wins
Or okami/marquadt loser

BigBadAl
10/17/10 5:35:49AM

Posted by Hendo67

In a rematch Pillow Fists would get smashed in the 2nd round, in my opinion.

Pillow fists
BigBadAl
10/17/10 5:38:09AM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

neither Bisping or Akiyama impressed me. That fight was far from deserving fight of the night.

Wanderlei probably doesnt have a whole lot of fights left in him and i'd hate to see him waste another one beating Bispings ass again. He has bigger and better things ahead of him than that.

Really? I thought some of Bispings combo's were excellent. Although Akiyama did become a bit static.
Giant_Ochai
10/17/10 10:21:18AM
Bisping thinks he's entitled to a lot more than he is at this point.
icantthinkofanything
10/17/10 11:06:54AM
Bisping didnt look like he knows what to do if someone tries to hit him. Every right hand thrown looed way too close to ending Bisping's night. He dosnt cover up, keeps his chin up, and moves straight back. If I were Bisping I would work harder , and spar with people that counter hard. master the movement and punch like you wanna hurt someone.

hopefully Wandy wins and gets a title shot, I think Wandy needs 5 rounds to warm up.
Twenty20Dollars
10/17/10 11:14:42AM
If bisping thinks he is 1 fight away from a title shot then he shouldnt be facing Wandy, he should be facing a higher ranked guy in the MW division then.
Giant_Ochai
10/17/10 11:26:15AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

If bisping thinks he is 1 fight away from a title shot then he shouldnt be facing Wandy, he should be facing a higher ranked guy in the MW division then.

Who is above Wanderlei that isn't currently scheduled or suspended for steroids? Why the hell would Bisping leapfrog someone who clowned him?
seanfu
10/17/10 11:49:36AM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Who is above Wanderlei that isn't currently scheduled or suspended for steroids? Why the hell would Bisping leapfrog someone who clowned him?

Wanderlei isn't exactly title material. Mark those words. And yes Bisping needs to stop fighting Denis Kangs and Wanderleis if he wants to pretend he would ever win a title fight.

Maybe a top 4 MW as a precursor to a title shot? I know it's original.

And as much as I hate Bisping and his finishing power equates to pillows I really don't think his punches are soft. I just think he has no snappy ko power.
warglory
10/17/10 11:56:08AM
Winner of Marquardt vs Okami I think would do the trick. Unfortunately, I think he'd lose to either fighter at this point, especially Marquardt.
Twenty20Dollars
10/17/10 12:36:54PM
Did wandy clown bisping? Because I thought it was a pretty close fight. Bisping is going to have to fight a top 3-4 guy if he is going get a title shot, and that means prolly waiting for some of the top guys to fight.

I mean look at it, win over Miller and Akiyama then saying 1 more win and title shot, then you prolly need to face a top 3-4 guy to get that. But Im guessing Bisping might need 2 wins to get a title shot. Who knows if he will wait for a top guy to open up to fight.
BigBadAl
10/17/10 12:53:47PM
He still did a lot of running backwards with his chin up and circling towards the power hand of his opponent. Yes he did take one or two big shots from Akiyama and stayed conscious but I can't see him lasting past the first round with Anderson. I think he needs another 3 wins before he gets a title shot.
Bloodhound
10/17/10 1:33:19PM
He will proably get the Okami/Marquardt loser, but Bisping has no idea on how to react when someone throws a big power punch at him, Bisping has good technical striking at times and good jujitsu but he has no power, dosen't cover up well, no wrestling so we will see how he does against better competition
Hendo67
10/17/10 1:56:21PM
What i don't get is how Bisping actually thought he won that fight? the two significant things that happened was Bisping nearly choked out and basically KO'd at the end of the fight...

Come on Michael, grow up a bit...
jay98107
10/17/10 1:58:45PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

No doubt, he lost to Wanderlei and he just needs to move on.
seanfu
10/17/10 3:05:47PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Giant_Ochai

No doubt, he lost to Wanderlei and he just needs to move on.

Give him Vitor for lols
RearNakedJoke
10/17/10 5:23:42PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Really? I thought some of Bispings combo's were excellent. Although Akiyama did become a bit static.

Excellent combos against a stationary target with no cardio. Anyone can look impressive hitting a bag.
seanfu
10/17/10 5:55:30PM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Excellent combos against a stationary target with no cardio. Anyone can look impressive hitting a bag.

Forrest Tito 2 hahahaha
GSPCanada
10/17/10 9:44:53PM
Bisping does need to look at the reality of the situation, u lost to wanderlei but u can't accept it, probably the only person walking the earth that thinks he won and yet he still insists he beat matt hamill.

u lost to wanderlei, now make ur way up, he was fortunate neither akiyama or miller worked for takedowns, especially because that was a very winnable fight for akiyama had he mixed strikes w takedowns.

damien maia booked? i'd give him maia even tho i think that is a good matchup because damien might struggle for the takedown, I would like to see him fight belcher even depending on his recovery...
gartface
10/17/10 11:40:50PM
Am I mistaken, or did he refer to his two decisions losses as "BS?"
bjj1605
10/18/10 12:18:55AM

Posted by GSPCanada

Bisping does need to look at the reality of the situation, u lost to wanderlei but u can't accept it, probably the only person walking the earth that thinks he won and yet he still insists he beat matt hamill.

u lost to wanderlei, now make ur way up, he was fortunate neither akiyama or miller worked for takedowns, especially because that was a very winnable fight for akiyama had he mixed strikes w takedowns.

damien maia booked? i'd give him maia even tho i think that is a good matchup because damien might struggle for the takedown, I would like to see him fight belcher even depending on his recovery...

Hate to open an expired can of worms but I never saw the "robbery" in the Bisping-Hammil fight that everyone was complaining about. I thought it was a close fight and easily could've gone other way. I actually thought Bisping would get the decision at the end of the fight.

I think there's a lot of Bisping hate out there (myself included) and it clouded people's judgment about that decision.
seanfu
10/18/10 4:16:08AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by GSPCanada

Hate to open an expired can of worms but I never saw the "robbery" in the Bisping-Hammil fight that everyone was complaining about. I thought it was a close fight and easily could've gone other way. I actually thought Bisping would get the decision at the end of the fight.

I think there's a lot of Bisping hate out there (myself included) and it clouded people's judgment about that decision.

Yeah, just because fighter A does 90 percent of the damage in the fight doesn't mean fighter B didn't dominate the decision by controlling 2 of the 3 rounds.
bjj1605
10/18/10 7:49:59PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by GSPCanada

Yeah, just because fighter A does 90 percent of the damage in the fight doesn't mean fighter B didn't dominate the decision by controlling 2 of the 3 rounds.

Right, I think with the current system winning the fight and winning the decision can be two very different things.