"He Turned It Down"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "He Turned It Down"
aznteabagger
7/12/07 5:27:06PM
Liddell ready to go, Wandy not so much

LINK
xphycorx
7/12/07 5:35:06PM
i heard about this a little while ago. pretty disappointing considering they're both top fighters and they're both coming off losses. maybe we will see liddell vs. arona or sokoudjou. i don't know if arona or sokoudjou have joined the ufc, but if they have it would be an interesting fight. it wouldn't be as exciting as liddell/silva, but still pretty good..
nastshabast
7/12/07 5:59:26PM
who really thought this fight would go down tho.....seriously
Porch28
7/12/07 6:21:31PM
One name SHOGUN!!!!!!!!
k_lup07
7/12/07 6:24:10PM
ironically dissappointing
Vietnamese_Guy
7/12/07 6:35:29PM
this is bs, wanderlei silva took a fight against mark hunt on 3 fays notice for christ sake, AND he fought cro cop twice!

this guy doesnt pussy out
Canadian_MM_EH
7/12/07 6:45:55PM

Posted by Porch28

One name SHOGUN!!!!!!!!

Ya man, nevermind Machida..for now.
Rua22
7/12/07 7:29:28PM

this is bs, wanderlei silva took a fight against mark hunt on 3 fays notice for christ sake, AND he fought cro cop twice!

let's remember that chuck is one of dana white's favs and that he most likely lowballed wandy in some way. dana's never been noted for paying great lol. wandy would not simply "back out".
cmill21
7/12/07 7:33:58PM
Wandy does want to take some time off. He's been in so many wars he deserves time off. Chuck and Dana need to quit saying things about fighters to prod them into fighting. This is a dirtbag move to pull.
TOMMYAYO05
7/12/07 8:11:57PM

let's remember that chuck is one of dana white's favs and that he most likely lowballed wandy in some way. dana's never been noted for paying great lol. wandy would not simply "back out".
i agree wandi would not back down from chuck liddell after the guy he beat twice beat liddell twice,i mean plus he has fought crocop twice and some othere big guys like hunt.I think sokudjujo -liddell would be good and i think sokodujo would tko liddell!
Btews22
7/12/07 9:36:48PM
i see a shogun liddle fight in anaheim
CwB
7/12/07 9:54:29PM

Posted by Btews22

i see a shogun liddle fight in anaheim

NO way thats gonna happen dana doesnt have the balls to put on that fight. He wants shogun to beat machida then fight for belt. i bet he protects liddell and shogun from each other untill one of them is champ, unless they both lose.

Metafour
7/12/07 9:55:26PM
I'm thinking there are a couple of things that could be happening here.
A) Dana White is just BS'ing to try and hype the fight up when its officially announced.
B) K-1 or another organization offered Wanderlei a much better contract offer than the UFC.
C) Wanderlei wants to let Shogun become a champion in the UFC.
D) The UFC are trying to low ball Wanderlei on a contract deal because they know how bad he wants to fight Chuck and think he'll do it for next to nothing. I've been hearing RUMOURS that he was offered $8000 to fight $8000 to win, which btw I think is BS.
Mayo
7/12/07 9:59:43PM
very good points!
TOMMYAYO05
7/13/07 12:01:24AM

NO way thats gonna happen dana doesnt have the balls to put on that fight. He wants shogun to beat machida then fight for belt. i bet he protects liddell and shogun from each other untill one of them is champ, unless they both lose.
just like i dont think liddell wandi will happen uncle fester is just trying to protect his poster boy as much as he can,tito ortiz is right when he say dana is the puppet master and liddell is the puppet.
Vietnamese_Guy
7/13/07 5:14:53AM
we must realize that he has a gig in a IFL like league in brazil, maybe Dana does not like that?
GrandMaster313
7/13/07 12:03:25PM

Posted by cmill21

Wandy does want to take some time off. He's been in so many wars he deserves time off. Chuck and Dana need to quit saying things about fighters to prod them into fighting. This is a dirtbag move to pull.

bulls**t ! Dirtball move or not this dream fight has been talked about for years. I just think its funny now that Lidell doesnt have the belt Silva puss's out. Isn't he the one that waltzed into the octagon and stared him down and called Chuck out. I had a lot of respect for the Neanderthal lookin Brazillian and still do for the most part but C'mon man. I'm not 100% sure but wasn't Silva's last Ocagon appearance an utter discrace when Belfort BLITZed his a$$. Hey Silva take off your skirt and bra my friend, put on the gloves and do what you have to do!! I'm done on this subject!