TUF 13 Coaches Announced

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF 13 Coaches Announced
« Previous Page
BlueSkiesBurn
1/12/11 12:56:00AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

No one can deny that the UFC knows how to run a business. Lesnar will gross some serious moolah for them and spike tv.

Question, is JDS the first coach that can legit not speak english? I wonder how thats gonna work.

Actually, JDS CAN speak English. According to Mike Chiapetta, JDS can speak English and has actively been learning it for quite some time. He's really worked hard on it and Chiapetta says that people will be pleasantly surprised at how good he's gotten.
bjj1605
1/12/11 2:30:28AM
I just can't wait to see all 300 lbs of Brock Lesnar coaching a show full of welterweights.

"Why can't you stop my takedowns? You wanna be the Ultimate Fighter?"

"Yeah, but coach Brock... you've got over a hundred pounds on me."
CCPRIDE99
1/12/11 6:38:25AM
i would have rather seen just two fighters that dont like eac other than just the two top contenders. like tito and ken or rashad and rampage. anybody in the ufc is qualified to coach these guys in my opinion. next season nick diaz and mayhem please
Bubbles
1/12/11 8:27:24AM

Posted by BigCountryFedor

No one else is excited that JDS will knock Brock out later this year?

why the hell is he getting a #1 contenders fight right after 2 embarassing fights.
why the hell is a 5-2 fighter being a coach?
Bubbles
1/12/11 8:30:26AM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

i would have rather seen just two fighters that dont like eac other than just the two top contenders. like tito and ken or rashad and rampage. anybody in the ufc is qualified to coach these guys in my opinion. next season nick diaz and mayhem please

uhhhh TUF isnt a Strikeforce program
tallica62
1/12/11 8:52:05AM
damn....disappointing...obviously done for ratings

im sure some of the "competitors" have more experience than lesnar...nothing against lesnar, but he's still a student...not a coach
xburbx
1/12/11 9:22:40AM
I like it.
cowcatcher
1/12/11 10:21:44AM

Posted by tallica62

damn....disappointing...obviously done for ratings

im sure some of the "competitors" have more experience than lesnar...nothing against lesnar, but he's still a student...not a coach

Look at it this way - all the guys on the show want to get into the UFC to become a champion, Brock's been there. His name got him there quicker than most but he obviously knows what it takes to be a champion, has been wrestling his whole life at a high level so he has some things he can teach the guys in that aspect of fighting, and he's bringing in a team of coaches to help with the other parts of the MMA game. Yeah he's on the show for ratings, but it's not like he's some schlub off the street, or some guy that's 5-2 fighting on little local shows.
emfleek
1/12/11 10:37:18AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Look at it this way - all the guys on the show want to get into the UFC to become a champion, Brock's been there. His name got him there quicker than most but he obviously knows what it takes to be a champion, has been wrestling his whole life at a high level so he has some things he can teach the guys in that aspect of fighting, and he's bringing in a team of coaches to help with the other parts of the MMA game. Yeah he's on the show for ratings, but it's not like he's some schlub off the street, or some guy that's 5-2 fighting on little local shows.

This.

Some people are acting like The Undertaker is the one coaching.
Franklinfan47
1/12/11 10:52:35AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Franklinfan47

No one can deny that the UFC knows how to run a business. Lesnar will gross some serious moolah for them and spike tv.

Question, is JDS the first coach that can legit not speak english? I wonder how thats gonna work.

Actually, JDS CAN speak English. According to Mike Chiapetta, JDS can speak English and has actively been learning it for quite some time. He's really worked hard on it and Chiapetta says that people will be pleasantly surprised at how good he's gotten.

Didnt know this thanks for the heads up. It makes sense, since the nogs and lyoto both speak it. Hopefully Anderson will finally pick it up
MiniMan
1/12/11 11:06:51AM
I really like the idea of Brock doing this. His in-experience in MMA will actually make a good team. Don't know who's on the show, But if theres guy like 1-0, Brocks been there under the spotlight, He can help them. And they might help him too.

I was thinking about Brock V Junior all day at work, I believe brock can win this fight. Only if he doesnt try to stand. Aggressive Clinch work, takedowns and overhand bombs will beat him.

IMO...
sbulldavid
1/12/11 11:32:11AM
Didnt know this thanks for the heads up. It makes sense, since the nogs and lyoto both speak it. Hopefully Anderson will finally pick it up
Yeah, I guess Anderson is just slow at learning some things.
GSPCanada
1/12/11 3:22:42PM
well Brock gets to but infront of a bunch of people for the #1 contender spot, I wonder if at any point brock will have to win 2 straight fights to get a title shot. either way i think Dos Santos will be able go get the knockout and if he does u can be sure that lesnar will retire.
as far as his bjj goes i doubt it is as good as mir's so the big question is if he gets taken down will he be able to get back up?
SmileR
1/12/11 4:08:46PM

Posted by GSPCanada

well Brock gets to but infront of a bunch of people for the #1 contender spot, I wonder if at any point brock will have to win 2 straight fights to get a title shot. either way i think Dos Santos will be able go get the knockout and if he does u can be sure that lesnar will retire.
as far as his bjj goes i doubt it is as good as mir's so the big question is if he gets taken down will he be able to get back up?

It might be due to the fact that he was the champion in his last fight, or the fact that he has beaten pretty much everyone except JDS and Cain, or the fact that the HW devision isn't that deep, or the huge draw he has when he fights, or their aren't any other stand out contenders.

I'd be willing to bet Brock takes JDS down and pounds him out in the first with little or no trouble.
People in this thread are selling him way, way to short.
cowcatcher
1/12/11 4:23:07PM

Posted by GSPCanada

who is in this "bunch of people" in front of Brock? I ask because as far as I can tell the list of HW contenders with any real claim to stake for a title shot in the UFC is pretty damn short. Plus the guy did defend the belt twice after winning it, and there's something to be said for that. I'm not trying to jump on you here or anything, I just don't a long line of guys ahead of Brock here.
postman
1/12/11 5:21:32PM
My prediction is Brock goes back to the Heath Herring fight and shoots a power double of the bell.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/12/11 7:36:27PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Franklinfan47

Yeah, I was pretty stoked to learn this as well. I figured I'd put it out there so people are aware that JDS is really trying to learn English to market himself here in North America.
GSPCanada
1/14/11 9:18:34PM
alright maybe not a bunch, but is the guy ready for a rematch w cain IF he does win. he was completely outclassed, when a guy loses a close fight he can get his rematch after 1 fight, but brock was never in the fight with cain and if he does beat jds how many ppl (yourselves included who defend brock) actually would bet on him?
Pages: 1 [2]