Tim " The Maine-iac" Sylvia will be Heavyweight Champion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tim " The Maine-iac" Sylvia will be Heavyweight Champion
hotrodttt
10/16/07 10:47:12PM
I really think he will be , he is very underrated and I really can't wait to see the old Tim back when he fights Brandon Vera , as e said in an Interview , he said that Brandon has good kicks and knees , but not so good punches and I don't think he can get into Tim's reach , Mabey if he gets the title he will fight to Win and finish and not fight 2 keep his belt

What do you guys think

tuvok500
10/16/07 11:00:47PM
i think he will beat vera, but has long as nog and GG will be there, no championship belt for tim !!

i have to put crocop and knogo in the sentence !!

well, kongo only !!

maybe crocop afterall !!! LOL

Djbb
10/16/07 11:01:14PM
I got 200 fantasy dollars on Tim Sylvia. Not because I particularly enjoy watching Tim Sylvia fight, but I don't see Vera winning. Of course, what I see and what I watch are probably going to be 2 entirely different things.
richieb19
10/16/07 11:09:23PM

Posted by tuvok500

i think he will beat vera, but has long as nog and GG will be there, no championship belt for tim !!

well, kongo only !!

GG and Kongo are completely overrated since their wins over CroCop, but I agree that Tim won't be champ again or champ for long so long as CroCop and Big Nog are around...
george112
10/16/07 11:12:35PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by tuvok500

well, kongo only !!

GG and Kongo are completely overrated since their wins over CroCop, but I agree that Tim won't be champ again or champ for long so long as CroCop and Big Nog are around...

totally agree..gg has proven nothing to me yet since beating cc..as for kongo i think that he just was the better kickboxer that night and utilized some pretty good elbows
hotrodttt
10/16/07 11:22:04PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by tuvok500

well, kongo only !!

You also have to take into consideration that if Nog comes in at 240 again than he would loose to Tim

And yeah I do think Cheick Kongo is overrated but I really think Gabe Gonzaga is the real deal
loonytnt
10/16/07 11:44:50PM
tim is going to lose to vera imo and GG is a good fighter i dont see him being overrated at all, kongo well lol he is good but his ground game is not to good i see him losin his next fight.

next champ imo will be Vera but i think CC is going come back strong i can feel it
tuvok500
10/16/07 11:47:03PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by tuvok500

well, kongo only !!

one day, peoples will have to admitted that it may be crocop who was indeed overrated !! not in a ring but in an octogon who it is alot more difficult to trap a guy in a corner because , well it is an octogon and it is alot bigger !!

he can comeback where peoples are seeing him , but in the others hand, you can't call overrated a guy who beated your overrated guy !!! LOL

Cladrix
10/17/07 12:36:23AM
He might beat vera but I dont see him being the champion.......... IMO Big Nog will be the next champ..... and Arlovski will be back and better than ever and stir up the Already stacked Heavyweight Division.
Naturaldisaster
10/17/07 8:10:32AM

Posted by tuvok500

well, kongo only !!

Tim would beat cro cop. He would beat big nog (because after all Hearring did pretty much KO him). I think he would beat Gonzaga. and maybe kongo
thepunisher
10/17/07 8:45:10AM
nope
cowcatcher
10/17/07 9:49:41AM
im not a fan, but the stars may be aligning for timmay to be champ again. of course with big nog out there it wont be a cakewalk, but this fight with vera will probably lead to the winner getting a title fight, and that will probably be against the winner of nog/kongo. tim is just so damn big and he has a out-box him with the jab mentality that makes it hard to get close enough to hit him(unless your name is randy). i could definately see the belt back around his waist, but im kind of hoping it doesnt end up that way so he fights like he did pre-title holder tim.
jocka
10/17/07 10:09:57AM
I don t want to see Timmy holding the belt again hes such a boring fighter i just hope Vera wins this one and that i never have to hear about TIm again lol
ufcboss
10/17/07 10:21:14AM
Tim will out muscle Vera, he will break him early, Then jab jab jab, Until he see's a knockout. I just think Tim's way too big for him. But im not counting him out!
TNunley
10/17/07 11:05:38AM

Posted by richieb19

Seriously, Bro, you can't have it both ways!

If GG and Kongo are overrated because of wins over CroCop, how is it that CroCop has anything to do with preventing Tim from being champ? It's not like CC was dominating GG in their fight, and GG just got in some lucky kick. GG was dominating CC in that fight, humiliating him on the ground, and ending it by KO'ing the kickboxer with a vicious headkick. Kongo didn't give anything to CC... He kept the pressure on CC the entire fight, and pulled out the decision.

If you were to say that GG and Kongo are overrated, I think that argument has some value at least until they do more in the near future. But to say that CC is going to be part of the reason that Tim won't be champ is a completely contradicting statement.

GG destroyed CC, and then looked similar to an amateur against Couture. Not taking anything away from GG, he just didn't seem to belong in the same ring as Couture that night. Then again, neither did Tim when he fought Couture. But at least Tim took it the distance against Couture.

I see Tim as a better fighter than GG, but I see GG as a better fighter than CC. I guess you can't truely say that, that makes Tim a better fighter than CC... but you definitely can't say that CC is a better fighter than Tim.
loonytnt
10/17/07 1:25:36PM
does any know who vera is?? if you do you need to look at his fights and break them down

vera is going to push the fight
vera is to fast for tim
vera JJ is better then tim
vera GNP is better
vera better at stand up

tim big
tim long reach
tim strong

well thats about it, i got vera winning
zephead
10/17/07 2:51:31PM
I'm not a Big Tim fan at all. But he got his back surgery done. That's taken care of. He is to big, has to much power and to long of a reach for anyone in the UFC HW division.

He will KO Vera in the 2nd. Vera is not strong enough to take Tim down and Tims reach will be to much. I just can't see anyone in the UFC getting past his reach. As long as he trains and fights with passion, Tim will have the belt
jiujitsufreak74
10/17/07 2:59:33PM

Posted by zephead

I'm not a Big Tim fan at all. But he got his back surgery done. That's taken care of. He is to big, has to much power and to long of a reach for anyone in the UFC HW division.

He will KO Vera in the 2nd. Vera is not strong enough to take Tim down and Tims reach will be to much. I just can't see anyone in the UFC getting past his reach. As long as he trains and fights with passion, Tim will have the belt

vera better JJ

couture got past his reach...granted it was couture...but still. i know he will be different now that he has had the surgery and i do think that his reach is going to create a seriously problem for vera. as for the fact that vera has better JJ than tim...so did jeff monson, but how did that fight go again? anyway this should still be a good fight and i see this one going the distance in a stand-up chess match. if vera loses he should go to LHW or bulk up a bit. despite big tim's reach, i still think he isn't going to change that much from the timid tim we have seen in his last couple of fights, i see vera winning by decision.

however if tim returns to his old form, then i see him winning by KO, but i don't think that is going to happen yet.
Pitbull09
10/17/07 11:57:45PM
Sylvia is always underestimated now just because when he was champ, the only competition was AA. But now I guess he has a chance to prove me and everyone else wrong that he can beat some of the potential in the new UFC heavyweight division. If you ask me, hes got a 1-100 chance against Nogeria, 1-50 against CC and maybe 1-2 against Kongo. Thats my opinion though and very bias at that. His fight with Vera should be a good one and I hope he still puts on a good show if he loses or wins
TheHitmanTL
10/18/07 2:56:58AM
i think if he beats vera convinvingly and we see the old tim....Nog wont stand a very good chance against big timmah
rubberguard
10/18/07 3:01:09AM
I honestly see Tim becoming champion again, I think he will beat Vera, and I don't believe that Rodrigo will be able to get within Tim's reach to take him down and I see Tim picking him apart with punches.
NatedawgThaM
10/18/07 6:45:31AM
I have the old tim coming back and KOing Vera but I think he'll be too easy to take down by Big Nog and I think he'll submit Big tim easy. This is Big Nog era. Hes going to be champ for a LONG time. Everybody just quit making stupid thread about Tim & Hunt being champ because they will both be tapped easy by Big Nog...