Three new bouts added to UFC Fight Night 24's free Facebook stream

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Three new bouts added to UFC Fight Night 24's free Facebook stream
emfleek
3/24/11 3:45:15PM
Three new fights have been added to the previously announced two for the free Facebook stream accompanying Saturday's UFC Fight Night 24 event, officials today confirmed.

The new additions include welterweights John Hathaway (14-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) vs. Kris McCray (5-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC), bantamweights Michael McDonald (11-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Nick Pace (6-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC), and heavyweights Sean McCorkle (10-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) vs. Christian Morecraft (6-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC).

They join featherweights Alex "Bruce Leroy" Caceres (4-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Mackens Semerzier (5-3 MMA, 1-3 WEC) and heavyweights Jon Madsen (7-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) vs. Mike Russow (13-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) on the free stream.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
3/24/11 3:52:28PM
More fights are on facebook than the tv broadcast.

Sucks I will miss them all.
Budgellism
3/24/11 3:59:31PM
Wow, that's awesome news.
Theoutlaw08
3/24/11 4:53:15PM
I would like to see more fights on tv. I'm not a big facebook guy
machodog76
3/24/11 5:12:06PM
I can never get the facebook streams to work, last time it flat kicked me out and said the video wasn't available
Rabi
3/24/11 6:25:32PM
The top post says McDonald v Pace, Pace pulled out of this fight 8 days ago and was replaced by Edwin Figueroa.

I'm pleased there id mor fights on Facebook, Im surprised that Simpson/Miranda has been over looked.
FastKnockout
3/24/11 7:09:27PM
I'm not excited about the news considering the streams never seem to work for me. But at the same time, I'm very pleased to see they are trying to give the fans more free fights.
Bythar
3/24/11 7:25:36PM
We should be grateful to get so many fights for free like this. It is really something.
PABLOMAFIOSO
3/24/11 7:26:48PM
The facebook streams are really poor, I would much rather they added more to tv. Cool that we can see the extra fights though.
Budgellism
3/24/11 7:37:14PM
Honestly, every time I've watch them I've had perfect, clear streams. The volume is just a little too low.
MaxOne
3/24/11 7:45:58PM

Posted by machodog76

I can never get the facebook streams to work, last time it flat kicked me out and said the video wasn't available

same here. it irritates me. when they first released the news i thought it was pretty cool. I tried to watch the fights and then i no longer thought it was pretty cool.
emfleek
3/24/11 8:16:01PM
The last few times, the Facebook streams have worked great for me. The first few, the streams were pure crap.

Regardless, this is awesome. Free fights are always a plus.
pmoney
3/24/11 8:52:47PM
I've never had a problem with the streams. I had to work a few saturdays and watch the facebook streams, and they worked beautifully.

And you do have to love free fights. However, if Spike TV is doing a huge marathon before UFN 24, why not just do like a two hour prelims special (since they are streaming five fights), then two hours for the main card? That would get better ratings and hold more interest than old UFC Unleashed episodes or old UFN's or whatever they are doing.

Maybe simulcast the FB stream for fans outside of the US/Canada/wherever they don't get Spike TV.
Sir_Karl
3/24/11 10:11:13PM
I am shocked the Nick Lentz bout isn't going to be broadcast live at all. Hopefully his bout will be broadcast sometime during the PPV. Nick hasn't lost in his last 13 bouts and he has picked off Tyson Griffin, Andre Winner, Rob Emerson, Tractor Oliveira, Drew Fickett and also has a draw with Thiago Tavares. All that and he isn't even on the FB Stream?
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
3/25/11 12:01:52AM
Hey Ill take it....5 fights on FaceBook...5 fights I wouldn't likely get to see anyways...Im down, I love that they do this.
emfleek
3/25/11 8:44:00AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I am shocked the Nick Lentz bout isn't going to be broadcast live at all. Hopefully his bout will be broadcast sometime during the PPV. Nick hasn't lost in his last 13 bouts and he has picked off Tyson Griffin, Andre Winner, Rob Emerson, Tractor Oliveira, Drew Fickett and also has a draw with Thiago Tavares. All that and he isn't even on the FB Stream?

They're actually going to show a 15 minute special, on Facebook, about the proper way to boil water instead of showing the Lentz/Lowe fight.

postman
3/25/11 9:19:47AM
Ahhhh the ever bitching MMA fans how you have been missed on the playground. glad to have you back.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/25/11 9:45:27AM
Well damn, who ever thought the UFC out of everything would make me sign up for a facebook account! I don't have much of a choice now if i wanna see free fights. Damn smart people! Time to create a fake account, look for someone named El Ron Hoover.
emfleek
3/25/11 9:52:40AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Well damn, who ever thought the UFC out of everything would make me sign up for a facebook account! I don't have much of a choice now if i wanna see free fights. Damn smart people! Time to create a fake account, look for someone named El Ron Hoover.

Add me! I'm "Horsec0ck Johnson".
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/25/11 10:28:23AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Add me! I'm "Horsec0ck Johnson".

BAAAAAHAHAHAHHAA

cant access facebook from work but youll be the first one added on my list sir. awesome name, just awesome.
machodog76
3/25/11 10:38:30AM

Posted by postman

Ahhhh the ever bitching MMA fans how you have been missed on the playground. glad to have you back.

See how happy you are when you get all excited to watch some fights and you get 5 minutes of a static image followed by,"your video will be available shortly" and then for the final act you get the notice that this video is no longer available. I'll try to watch them again and when it doesn't work I'll come back here and cry to anyone who will listen Got to love America where this can be concidered an actual problem
postman
3/25/11 10:44:22AM

Posted by machodog76

Posted by postman

See how happy you are when you get all excited to watch some fights and you get 5 minutes of a static image followed by,"your video will be available shortly" and then for the final act you get the notice that this video is no longer available. I'll try to watch them again and when it doesn't work I'll come back here and cry to anyone who will listen Got to love America where this can be concidered an actual problem

I'm thinking its your computer or internet commection cause they have been great for me. If thats the case its on you not the UFC. there used to be a day that was the pretty much only way you could watch MMA.
emfleek
3/25/11 10:44:45AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

cant access facebook from work but youll be the first one added on my list sir. awesome name, just awesome.

As funny as it is, I'm only joking.
jimmyinfamous
3/25/11 10:49:36AM
I think it's cool that they keep making more fights available so that the fans are not only able to enjoy more MMA, but also catch some fighters you may not normally be able to see. The only unfortunate thing is that it's on facebook and the streaming doesn't always cooperate.
jimmyinfamous
3/25/11 12:57:21PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Sir_Karl

They're actually going to show a 15 minute special, on Facebook, about the proper way to boil water instead of showing the Lentz/Lowe fight.

Couldn't agree more with you on Lentz. The times I've seen him fight, it's a snooze-fest.
machodog76
3/25/11 1:10:45PM

Posted by postman

Posted by machodog76

Posted by postman

I'm thinking its your computer or internet commection cause they have been great for me. If thats the case its on you not the UFC. there used to be a day that was the pretty much only way you could watch MMA.

It might be my computer(its abbout 6 years old) but I've heard the same complaint from a lot of people so I think it's probably a bandwitdth issue as well. In any case I don't blame the UFC or Facebook I just love MMA and hate missing fights. Plus this is an internet forum and we're MMA fans, compianing about trivial things is what we do best!
postman
3/25/11 2:23:56PM

Posted by machodog76

Posted by postman

Posted by machodog76

Posted by postman

It might be my computer(its abbout 6 years old) but I've heard the same complaint from a lot of people so I think it's probably a bandwitdth issue as well. In any case I don't blame the UFC or Facebook I just love MMA and hate missing fights. Plus this is an internet forum and we're MMA fans, compianing about trivial things is what we do best!

Yes it is!