Thiago Alves suspended three months for missing weight at UFC 205

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Thiago Alves suspended three months for missing weight at UFC 205
Five-Alive
11/23/16 2:06:30PM
Thiago Alves’ first attempt at fighting as a UFC lightweight didn’t just end in a loss. He’s now picked up an additional suspension.

The New York State Athletic Commission has benched Alves (21-11 MMA, 13-8 UFC) for three months after he missed weight for a bout against Jim Miller (28-8 MMA, 17-7 UFC) at UFC 205, a commission rep today confirmed to MMAjunkie following a tweet from ESPN.com’s Brett Okamoto.

Link
jae_1833
11/23/16 6:16:03PM
I like this move, I just think that for this kind of repercussion to be effective the implementation needs to be explained, measured, enforced regularly, and incremental.
1st miss: 3 months
2nd miss: 6 months
3rd miss: 1 year, and a move up in weight class
tildengolfer
11/24/16 2:13:57AM

Posted by jae_1833

I like this move, I just think that for this kind of repercussion to be effective the implementation needs to be explained, measured, enforced regularly, and incremental.
1st miss: 3 months
2nd miss: 6 months
3rd miss: 1 year, and a move up in weight class

Ok. 100% honest. Not sure how to feel about this. Part of me wants to see penalties for those make the fanbase suffer, like Gastelum, Alves & Cejudo, etc. ALTHOUGH I am not sure about removing work opportunities.

Wild world we live until the end suffices.