name ten ufc fighters who one day will be in the hall of fame

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » name ten ufc fighters who one day will be in the hall of fame
prozacnation1978
7/7/11 2:22:47PM
Think of wins, titles, accomplishments, value to the ufc
Fans, popularity, fight night bonus

Which ten would you put in??

Locks

1. Ortiz
2.Penn
3. A silva
4. Gsp
5. F griffin

Should be in

6. Rich franklin
7. Rampage

Others

8. Fitch
9. Sherk
10. Frank mir

Others who are still active and on their way

Velasquez
Jones
Edgar
Lesnar
Budgellism
7/7/11 2:28:52PM
Wandy, Ortiz, Franklin, Anderson, GSP, Griffin, Penn, Hopefully Edgar, Cain and Faber
Theoutlaw08
7/7/11 2:32:41PM
Anderson Silva, Wandy, GSP, Tito, Franklin, BJ, Griffin, Jon Jones, Aldo, Faber
Twenty20Dollars
7/7/11 2:36:44PM
just tried to reply to this and it said it had been removed. now it works, let's try my list again

Tito Ortiz
Anderson Silva
Forrest Griffin
Chris Leben
BJ Penn
GSP
Jon Jones
Dominick Cruz
Jose Aldo
Cain Velasquez
FastKnockout
7/7/11 3:12:47PM
(For Certain)

1. Anderson Silva
2. George St. Pierre
3. Tito Ortiz
4. B.J. Penn

(Possible)

6. Rich Franklin
7. Rampage

(Potential)

8. Edgar
9. Jones
10. Aldo
gartface
7/7/11 3:13:00PM
Anderson Silva
Georges St. Pierre
BJ Penn
Forrest Griffin
Jose Aldo
Dominick Cruz
Urijah Faber
Tito Ortiz
Rashad Evans
Quinton Jackson

I don't understand why Wanderlei Silva would be in the UFC Hall of Fame. Can someone enlighten me, please? His Octagon record sure doesn't warrant it.
Budgellism
7/7/11 3:56:12PM

Posted by gartface

Anderson Silva
Georges St. Pierre
BJ Penn
Forrest Griffin
Jose Aldo
Dominick Cruz
Urijah Faber
Tito Ortiz
Rashad Evans
Quinton Jackson

I don't understand why Wanderlei Silva would be in the UFC Hall of Fame. Can someone enlighten me, please? His Octagon record sure doesn't warrant it.

Doesn't say anything about ufc hall of fame in the title. Just ufc fighters going to the hall of fame. Wandy is in the ufc and he definitely deserves to be in some sort of mma hall of fame. That's my reasoning for it, don't know about everyone else.
prozacnation1978
7/7/11 4:38:42PM
Maybe one day in the future zuffa will do a pride hall of fame
Or some sort of event
Poor_Franklin
7/7/11 5:48:41PM
BOLD prediction:

Charles Oliveira

but I am a fan, so take it for what it's worth
Patchedup15
7/7/11 7:38:08PM
I don't think Faber has earned his spot in there on the grounds of value and accomplishments in the UFC. yes he was an amazing WEC fighter, but unless we accept the UFC hall of fame as honoring those who do well in MMA then this is pointless. This can be answered with one simple question.. Does Fedor belong in Hall of Fame?

My answer Not in the UFC Hall of Fame, But certainly he deserves to be honored as one of the best of all time
Kpro
7/7/11 11:01:59PM
All of Wanderlei's wins have been in the sport of UFC though, just most were in their minor league organization called MMA.
Cooler
7/7/11 11:14:45PM
Aldo
Ortiz
Penn
Anderson
GSP
Don Frye
Frank Shamrock
Cruz
Belfort
Rampage
kizzane
7/8/11 12:20:23AM
I cast my votes for soon to be HOF'rs with a couple of twists:

GSP
Tito
Hughes
BJ
Anderson Silva
Miletich
Bas Rutten
Evan Tanner
Franklin
Lyoto

I know he's not a fighter but doesn't big John McCarthy deserve a HOF spot? and what about Leon Tabbs!

"Leon Tabbs, The first ever cutman in the UFC. Leon has been in the UFC longer than any person involved with the organization. He is the only person currently working in the UFC that was working at UFC 1. Leon is closing in on 80 and is still going strong working every UFC and Jet Setting all over the world. That is a feat in itself to handle the travel that goes along with being a cutman. "
Budgellism
7/8/11 12:40:36AM

Posted by kizzane

I cast my votes for soon to be HOF'rs with a couple of twists:

GSP
Tito
Hughes
BJ
Anderson Silva
Miletich
Bas Rutten
Evan Tanner
Franklin
Lyoto

I know he's not a fighter but doesn't big John McCarthy deserve a HOF spot? and what about Leon Tabbs!

"Leon Tabbs, The first ever cutman in the UFC. Leon has been in the UFC longer than any person involved with the organization. He is the only person currently working in the UFC that was working at UFC 1. Leon is closing in on 80 and is still going strong working every UFC and Jet Setting all over the world. That is a feat in itself to handle the travel that goes along with being a cutman. "

Absolutely he does. He's had a solid impact on the sport imo.
Hendo67
7/8/11 12:22:59PM
Tito Ortiz
Anderson Silva
Georges St-Pierre
Bj Penn
Bas Rutten
Evan Tanner
Forrest Griffin
Quinton Jackson
Jon Fitch
Rich Franklin
ncordless
7/8/11 9:54:46PM
Stich Duran has to be in the HOF, too. He is easily the greatest cut man in the history of combat sports and has done as much if not more to make the UFC great by making it so that fights can continue after damage.

How many times have we seen a fighter finish a round looking like a victim of an axe attack? Then you see Stitch meet him before he even gets to his corner and in 2 minutes has everything under control. Definitely a HOFer.

A fighter that should be in the mix is Frank Shamrock. In his day he was dominant, and he kind of set the mold of what a MMA fighter should be with well-rounded (for his time anyway) skills and excellent conditioning.

BustedKnuckle
7/8/11 10:04:08PM
I am right there with a lot of you, With GSP,A.Silva. Page....etc. But one name that hasn't come up is Jens Pulver. He has fallen off as of late but he was the FIRST LW CHAMP in the UFC!! He paved the way for Aldo/Edgar/Cruz! I think Jens deserves a spot in MMA royalty for sure!!
prozacnation1978
7/9/11 9:55:57AM
That would be cool if ufc put refs like herb dean and big john in the hall of fame
warglory
7/17/11 1:14:25PM
1. Tito Ortiz
2. GSP
3. Anderson Silva
4. BJ Penn
5. Matt Hughes
6. Pat Miletich
7. Forrest Griffin
8. Frank Mir
9. Jon Jones
10. Jose Aldo
Pookie
7/17/11 9:01:48PM
Anderson Silva
Georges St. Pierre
Bj Penn
Forrest Griffin
Chris Leben
Tito Ortiz
Rampage
Rashad
Lyoto Machida
Jon Jones

Ultimately, the amount of fights in the octagon and the ability to sell ppv's are the #1 thing that will determine which fighters make it into the hall of fame.

summersmmafan
7/18/11 3:05:13AM
anderson, gsp, penn, ortiz, franklin, griffin, mir, jones, dos santos, aldo
Boo_Radley21
7/18/11 9:27:53AM
Jens Pulver
Anderson Silva
GSP
Tito Ortiz
Chris Leben
Forrest Griffin
Fitch (But considering his relationship with the UFC isn't the greatest I'd say if he doesn't win a title he doesn't get in)
Rich Franklin
BJ Penn
Sean Sherk
fonduktoe
7/19/11 4:51:48PM
James Te Huna
Jacob Volkmann
Rani Yahya
Nick Pace
Jason Reinhardt
Cole Miller
T.J. O'brien
Jared Hammon
Ian Loveland
David Mitchell
KNIGHT
7/20/11 3:38:59AM
everyone i wouls say is already been named numerous times in this thread. so my question is or i guess i should say has the ufc ever came out and said who votes and what is creds needed to get in?
prophecy033
7/20/11 1:45:42PM
Anderson silva, GSP, Tito Ortiz, Forrest griffin, Jon Jones, bj Penn, Jose Aldo, rich Franklin, Cain velazquez, and frankie Edgar