Strikeforce's Silva apologizes for Lesnar comments, eyes Barnett for grudge match

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce's Silva apologizes for Lesnar comments, eyes Barnett for grudge match
pmoney
5/24/11 8:05:56PM
Strikeforce contender Antonio Silva (16-2 MMA, 3-1 SF) recently made waves with a string of harsh comments toward some of his fellow heavyweights.

Now he wants to apologize for those remarks – well, some of them, anyway.

Silva admits he recently crossed a line when questioning the severity of former UFC champion Brock Lesnar's health. And his criticism of Josh Barnett (29-5 MMA, 0-0 SF)? Well, Silva insists some of his words were poorly translated, but he's not ready to make nice with "The Babyfaced Assassin" just yet.

Article
DeadHead988
5/24/11 10:24:35PM
I really didn't have a problem with any of his comments. If anything, they just remind people that he's still there and relevant in his division. Also, Silva vs Barnett would be a pretty damn good fight!
Budgellism
5/25/11 2:45:38PM

Posted by DeadHead988

I really didn't have a problem with any of his comments. If anything, they just remind people that he's still there and relevant in his division. Also, Silva vs Barnett would be a pretty damn good fight!

That's what I was thinking as well. I didn't think any of his comments were uncalled for.