"Strikeforce on NBC" Officially Announced

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "Strikeforce on NBC" Officially Announced
SmileR
3/27/08 2:50:46PM

The series debut is set for Saturday, April 12 from 2-2:30 a.m. ET.

"Mixed martial arts has exploded onto the sports scene," stated Jerry Petry, Executive Vice President, NBC Universal Television. "Its athletes are tremendous competitors, and the sport is one of the fastest growing in the world. As a leader in this arena, Strikeforce will be able to deliver some of the finest and most intense action ever seen on broadcast TV."

The show will air in its weekly timeslot after NBC's popular late-night program, "Poker After Dark." Network executives say that it was a natural lead-in program since the core audience (18-34 year old males) is so similar.

As MMAjunkie.com first reported, "Strikeforce on NBC" will feature complete fights from the Strikeforce archives, as well as other highlights and event footage. Additionally, the program will be used to spotlight some of the organization's more popular fighters.

Link
Cladrix
3/27/08 2:52:41PM
Nice!!!!..... it will come on at 11pm where I live
RMFG_187
3/27/08 3:06:57PM

Posted by SmileR

"Strikeforce on NBC" will feature complete fights from the Strikeforce archives, as well as other highlights and event footage.

so what, show fights for 3 weeks, then no more?
hippysmacker
3/28/08 6:00:03AM
I think this is going to be like IFL Battleground. Old fights onl;y. I hope it does well enough that we get to se live stuff there eventually