Strikeforce Conducting Independent Drug Testing on Main Card Friday

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce Conducting Independent Drug Testing on Main Card Friday
jae_1833
5/15/10 1:25:35AM
link
All ten athletes scheduled to compete on Saturday’s Strikeforce “Heavy Artillery” main card will be tested by the promotion on Friday, Strikeforce matchmaker Rich Chou told Sherdog.com.

Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem, his challenger Brett Rogers, Andrei Arlovski, and Antonio Silva are among those who will be asked to submit a sample for testing.
Wand_is_GOD
5/15/10 3:34:04AM
Good
vomitshovel
5/15/10 4:17:32PM
yes
BlueSkiesBurn
5/15/10 5:24:08PM
This is an improvement from their, otherwise, stupid idea of announcing that they won't be drug testing.
mrsmiley
5/15/10 9:14:31PM
So what happens if someone is hot via their independent testing?
How do we even know their testing will be legit?
BlueSkiesBurn
5/16/10 1:56:08PM
I suppose it's one of those things where we have to take their word for it?
Rush
5/16/10 2:28:00PM

Posted by mrsmiley

How do we even know their testing will be legit?

This is the thing. Independent technicians are like any independent contract worker. They answer only to their employers. Personally I find this whole ind. drug test thing is a crock. It is a conflict of interest if you ask me.

If the independent testing is oversaw by a commission, but the tests and analysis are conducted on Strikeforce's dollar, that is one thing, but this sounds like Strikeforce is hiring "some guy" to collect pee and publish results that could be anything. IMO, there is no legitimacy in the tests at all.

What would be interesting is if the independent results were published and differed from the commission's random tests.