Another Source Claims Liddell vs. Silva Is On For December

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Another Source Claims Liddell vs. Silva Is On For December
CornishMMA
10/11/07 7:51:36AM
The following is an excerpt from Dave Meltzer's news update today at WrestlingObserver.com:

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva is now verbally agreed upon by both sides to take place on 12/29 in Las Vegas..................................

LINK
CornishMMA
10/11/07 8:51:35AM
Im pretty sure it was verbally agreed for September originally then Wandy said he wanted more time

WELL that certainly 100% WONT happen this time imho, Wandy wont need more time and Chuck has always professed to wanting to fight ASAP especially after a loss

SO barring any injuries (imagine that a few days before the fight!!!) we will see this fight at UFC 79
xGibsonx
10/11/07 11:56:58AM
Dude, they've been "verbally agreeing" for years.
To me, this means nothing more.
Hopefully it'll happen, and the UFC will see what they should of seen a long time ago.
wapttn
10/11/07 12:40:28PM
I'm taking commercial law right now at uni.. and i learned a few weeks ago that a verbal agreement is contractually binding. If both parties agreed to a contract that will take place within 12 months.. and doesnt involve land, deceased estate, or power of attourney then its a deal =D

all i can say is...... i told you so
yole10
10/11/07 1:28:55PM
Why should chuck fight wandy? This makes no sense. He just lost two fights in a row. This was a big fight like two years ago when chuck was thought to be unstoppable and wandy was knocking out everyone. Now they're both coming off losses, and chuck is looking like he's ready to retire. I think wandy vs. Jardine would be better.
xGibsonx
10/12/07 11:14:16AM
That's retarded..
CHUCK AND WANDY HAVE BEEN WANTING TO FIGHT FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS.
It's come close a bunch of times, but to my dismay, has never happened.

We all have a good idea who's going to win. But if you've been watching MMA before Zuffa dismantled PRIDE, then you would understand how much this fight means.
CornishMMA
10/12/07 12:56:31PM

Posted by yole10

Why should chuck fight wandy? This makes no sense. He just lost two fights in a row. This was a big fight like two years ago when chuck was thought to be unstoppable and wandy was knocking out everyone. Now they're both coming off losses, and chuck is looking like he's ready to retire. I think wandy vs. Jardine would be better.

Yeah im sorry but seriously dude how can you not see that it makes as much sense now as before? If Chuck had beaten Jardine it would make LESS sense imho, now they are both coming off 2 straight losses and as neither would want a 3rd it has that big importance that it would of had if they were both champs