Sokoudjou fighting Lyoto Machida in UFC!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sokoudjou fighting Lyoto Machida in UFC!
Bemin
11/14/07 12:40:13AM

One of the best fighters of the category Light Heavyweight in the present time, the Brazilian Lyoto Machida will be the opponent of Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou in the UFC. Hot sources of the World Fight confirm that the fight will be announces in the next days. The Brazilians are chokeed with Sokoudjou, in the first semester of the year the african KO Rogério Minotouro and Ricardo Arona.

Link
Manfred
11/14/07 12:50:38AM
Good match-up. Machida should take him past the first minute. I'm still on the fence about Soko, this will definitely make a believer out of me.

Is he the real deal or did lighting just strike twice? We'll def. find out with this one!
wapttn
11/14/07 1:08:26AM
so pissed off i let my friends talk me out of going to this event in person
kevietre
11/14/07 1:10:20AM
Call me crazy but I think Machida takes this based on octagon experience and improvment shown in every fight.
loller90278
11/14/07 1:14:04AM
soko has fought in a cage before.. his most famous fight with glove texiera (which he lost...) im on the fence about this fight.. i want to see soko try to take this to the ground. you know he'll have a good gameplan coming from team quest. But machida is very impressive and if he can weather a storm or two, i see him technical striking getting the better of soko
cmill21
11/14/07 1:27:25AM
This is a fight where I have no idea what will happen. Soko's got some very good judo, obviously power, but I love machida.
MaxOne
11/14/07 1:44:34AM
this is good news.
should be exciting....
Bemin
11/14/07 1:47:07AM
Ya the Card really looking amazing, can't wait for this one.
Sam_Rothstein
11/14/07 2:17:46AM
i hope this fight happens

im waiting till i see it on ufc.com before i get my hopes up
CwB
11/14/07 2:59:03AM
yeah i hate to get my hopes crushed by online rumors, butmy hopes are all ready high just reading how many articles there are about this.

even if this fight doesnt happen at 79 i am just glad to see soko in the UFC.

I Want Soko vs. Alexander
2, 2ko fighters that we arent sure about yet...
even though soko's knockouts were against tougher comp...

WAR SOKO!!!
nickcuc547
11/14/07 7:22:39AM
awesome, machida wont be able to stick and move against soko, if he can he deserves a title shot.
MMAnia07
11/14/07 7:31:45AM
gotta agree wholeheartedly, this is definitely the fight where i make my mind up, i think hes definitely marketable, hes well built, a good looking lad with a colourful personality ("ive fought wild animals") and by the looks of it excellent striking, id like to see more of his Judo though
waylon_o
11/14/07 8:06:41AM
Knowing the UFC, they will put this on the undercard and we won'to even get to see it except online.
mrsmiley
11/14/07 8:45:38AM
That would be insane.Machida and Soko would make a better main event than Bisping/Evans IMO.You're probably right though.
Darnok
11/14/07 10:50:21AM

Posted by wapttn

so pissed off i let my friends talk me out of going to this event in person

Sounds more like enemies than friends.
rcg916
11/14/07 12:20:11PM
The original source for this info ended with a question mark... Like Machida vs Soko ???

Lets not jump to conclusions yet. Ill believe it when I see it.
wolfgarnaud
11/14/07 1:47:51PM
crazy fight!!!!!
StevieC
11/14/07 6:20:36PM

Posted by kevietre

Call me crazy but I think Machida takes this based on octagon experience and improvment shown in every fight.

I agree, I for one think Machida is better than Arona and Lil Nog. He is such a patient fighter where as when you watched Arona and Lil Nog they came right at him.

I had Machida picked to beat Shogun when that first was brought up so obviously I will pick him to beat Soko, but dang...I really like Soko....

GREAT FIGHT, it's one of those fights where neither guy will drop to far in the rankings if they lose.....Unless one gets rocked....
TOMMYAYO05
11/14/07 6:58:14PM
Im going to say it even though people are in love with Machida but he is really overrated and i hope soko knocks him the **** out.Saying that i am not sure if i am all in for soko as he has fought top competition but has not gone past the first 3 minutes. This will defintley concrete him in if he pulls off the victory. GO SOKO!!!!!
Titosux
11/14/07 11:38:49PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Im going to say it even though people are in love with Machida but he is really overrated and i hope soko knocks him the **** out.Saying that i am not sure if i am all in for soko as he has fought top competition but has not gone past the first 3 minutes. This will defintley concrete him in if he pulls off the victory. GO SOKO!!!!!

How is Machida overrated??

He has beaten Penn and Franklin two guys who used to hold titles in there weightclasses......

I agree with StevieC...should be a great fight...
CornishMMA
11/15/07 5:20:05AM
Its a great fight and i hope it gets made BUT it doesnt make sense for the UFC to make it imho

If Machida does his thing and wins a slightly boring decision then he is still stuck in this rut and the debut of Soku is ruined

But who else do you have fight Machida?
waylon_o
11/15/07 8:26:09AM
I don't think Machida is overated at all, personally...
StevieC
11/15/07 4:21:40PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Its a great fight and i hope it gets made BUT it doesnt make sense for the UFC to make it imho

If Machida does his thing and wins a slightly boring decision then he is still stuck in this rut and the debut of Soku is ruined

But who else do you have fight Machida?

Jardine....