Soko Interview

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Soko Interview
cmill21
11/12/07 9:53:14PM
Link

Did the UFC come to him with a better offer? Whats up with Soko? Read it here.
theman5050
11/12/07 11:17:07PM
seems like a really cool, funny, and a laid back kinda guy, cant wait to see him fight again
Manak
11/12/07 11:24:09PM
diff one of the guys UFC should sign, please learn from the fedor shit and sign him, soko is an up and comer with skills that appeal to the crowd plus he is young and seems like a really coo guy, UFC could bank of him . i remember seein a video of him leg kickin some guy for a radio show, it;s freakin awsome
Jackelope
11/12/07 11:32:15PM
Hope we get to see him in the near future.

Houston Alexander vs. Sokoudjolkjasdlfkjasldfkj (however you spell it) would be an awesome match. Two guys who like to bang and have made impressions early
cmill21
11/12/07 11:36:19PM
Soko is also very well versed in Judo, so he's not a one trick pony. Oh and he trains at Quest.
wapttn
11/13/07 12:21:28AM
I dont see how the ufc cant sign this guy. As cool and laid back as he seems, he's letting people know that the pay day is near the same importance as the level of competition. Its basically a message to the ufc that they cant lowball him, but if you pay him right, he'll definately sign. Since the ufc missed out on fedor because of all the contract clauses, it should seem like a relief to be able to sign someone based on pure cash. The ufc definately has the money to sign talent like sokoudjou, and it'll be a move that the fans can respect.. something that the ufc is in need of since all the recent controversy.
loller90278
11/13/07 12:25:58AM
uh, i don't think soko will sign to ufc anytime soon. he has a 4 fight contract with k-1 i believe.

in previous interviews he said he wanted to fight michael bisping and dana white said "are you effing crazy?". Also dan henderson and other members of team quest (soko's managerial side) said the UFC lowballed him and that's why he didn't sign. this was way before the fedor fiasco.

postman
11/13/07 12:27:20AM
two quotes stick out:
1. Of course "I'll be back not in the ring but in the cage DEC 29th in Vegas!"
2." What are your thoughts on Houston Alexander? He's a pretty good striker, and I'm looking forward to facing him in a near future."

If they are going to fight that card is out of this world!
wapttn
11/13/07 1:10:22AM

Posted by loller90278

uh, i don't think soko will sign to ufc anytime soon. he has a 4 fight contract with k-1 i believe.

I dont follow sokoudjou's career too closely so I might have things mixed up but..

"LC- What's next for you, any proposed bouts lined up and/or dates of when you'll be fighting?

RS- For now I don't have anything solid, I'm hoping to get a fight before the end of this year."

a 7 month layoff and hoping to get a fight by the end of the year doesnt sound like a 4 fight contract with k-1. I'm not sure when this interview took place, but the article is dated nov12th. I also searched the net for more articles hinting at a deal between k-1 and sokoudjou, and i found a few saying that quest's management thought that the ufc's lowball techniques were an insult to their fighter, and "rumours" had it that they were nearing a deal with k-1. The most recent of those articles was dated almost 2 months ago.

I suspect that the ufc will match any offer made by k-1 because it would be foolish for them not to. At the end of the day, all they have to do is outbid k-1..it might take some time, and its a little risky, but it'll most likely happen
MaxOne
11/13/07 11:44:33AM
I look forward to seeing him fight again.
SpiderSilva
11/13/07 7:46:14PM

Posted by loller90278

in previous interviews he said he wanted to fight michael bisping and dana white said "are you effing crazy?". Also dan henderson and other members of team quest (soko's managerial side) said the UFC lowballed him and that's why he didn't sign. this was way before the fedor fiasco.

He was going to sign but didnt but he would be a good fit with the UFC
mrsmiley
11/13/07 8:03:01PM
I remember in a interview when Soko said Fedors stand up sucked.
It was real funny the way he came off saying it.Soko anywere will be awesome,K-1,Elite XC,UFC,anywere.

He has the potential to be a monster,and I can't wait to see him fight again.
cmill21
11/13/07 8:39:37PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I remember in a interview when Soko said Fedors stand up sucked.
It was real funny the way he came off saying it.Soko anywere will be awesome,K-1,Elite XC,UFC,anywere.

He has the potential to be a monster,and I can't wait to see him fight again.

Really? I've heard Hoost saying Fedor would dominate in K-1. He also didn't look bad out striking Cro Cop and Semmy.