Social Networking Pays Off: Carlos Condit vs. B.J. Penn in the Works for UFC Event in October

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Social Networking Pays Off: Carlos Condit vs. B.J. Penn in the Works for UFC Event in October
emfleek
7/11/11 10:21:43PM
It appears Carlos Condit and B.J. Penn are on a collision course for a bout in October.

The power of social networking was at work on Monday with messages being exchanged back and forth between Condit, Penn and fellow top ten welterweight Jon Fitch.

When it was all said and done Condit issued a challenge to Penn, and he promptly accepted and now the UFC is on board as well.

“The people have spoken,” wrote Condit in a message to Penn. “They want to see us scrap, let’s give em’ what they asked for.”

LINK
Lesnar1
7/11/11 10:30:21PM
This would be a sick fight!
Twenty20Dollars
7/11/11 10:52:38PM
Much better than Penn vs Fitch 2.

NBK FTW
pmoney
7/11/11 11:18:31PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Condit pretend like he was fighting The Stun Gun and KO BJ with a flying knee.
KungFuMaster
7/11/11 11:30:35PM
I like this match up. I think Penn is tired of fighting wrestlers anyway.
prozacnation1978
7/11/11 11:51:31PM
Fitch vs condit seemed more sense
Fitch is gonna get the shaft again.

Condit vs penn will be in vegas likely which is good for me
Give me that or double title

I think fitch still fights in san jose. May be against rick story or brennamen

I like bj. But I hope condit wins so he gets his title shot
prophecy033
7/12/11 12:32:41AM
I was wanting Shields v Condit 2, but this fight peeks my interest. Penn has better stand up then shields and that's where Condit is most comfortable. Slugfest or ground war? Idk but its gonna be a good fight to watch regardless of where it ends up
Pookie
7/12/11 1:47:37AM
It will be interesting to see Penn fight against a slower, though technical, striker with a large reach.

I would train knees if i was condit. Penn bobs and weaves alot, and Condit's legs are practically face high to begin with.
Chael_Sonnen
7/12/11 2:06:42AM
NBK via UD

Condit = straight up bad arse
BigIP
7/12/11 12:30:06PM
Condit will be tough on BJ. BJ needs to mix take downs with his stand-up and hope to hurt Condit with a punch then try and submit him.
Bubbles
7/12/11 12:49:09PM

Posted by pmoney

I wouldn't mind seeing Condit pretend like he was fighting The Stun Gun and KO BJ with a flying knee.

if this happens i will jump up and do this dance for the next hour
Bubbles
7/12/11 12:51:03PM

Posted by BigIP

Condit will be tough on BJ. BJ needs to mix take downs with his stand-up and hope to hurt Condit with a punch then try and submit him.

Penn with TDs is the best way for him to win